Sign in to follow this  
Tangible Fixed Assets anyone?

Norwich City Kitty Limited - What's happening?

So whats happening with Norwich City Kitty Limited (company number 06687962) ?

According to this link:

http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk/6f1cb133ea47ddcfb03b5fa6ad011ab2/compdetails

No accounts have been filed.

Moreover it seems that an Annual Return was due on the 1st October 2009.

On another web page of Companies House, it appears that Jane Knott''s  appointment as a director has been terminated (19/11/09).

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

So whats happening with Norwich City Kitty Limited (company number 06687962) ?

According to this link:

http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk/6f1cb133ea47ddcfb03b5fa6ad011ab2/compdetails

No accounts have been filed.

Moreover it seems that an Annual Return was due on the 1st October 2009.

On another web page of Companies House, it appears that Jane Knott''s  appointment as a director has been terminated (19/11/09).

[/quote]

[B][O]

Surely it''s obvious Tangy.........................NEW INVESTMENT!!!!!!![<:o)][^][Y]

[quote user="First Jedi"]Maybe there is a hidden rule where-by you don''t have to publish accounts if you turnover is below £5.37.[/quote]To be faur to them it had raised £2000 or something.  It could still work if there was a name with some credibility involved in the running of it.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="First Jedi"]Maybe there is a hidden rule where-by you don''t have to publish accounts if you turnover is below £5.37.[/quote]

To be faur to them it had raised £2000 or something.  It could still work if there was a name with some credibility involved in the running of it.
[/quote]

Or credibilty with some name attached to running it. OR

You have the words just juggle according to your beliefs.

Some answers from someone would be a distinct advantage.

Dont start me off on the subject of ''''The Kitty'''' just look at their website and forum which tells its own story.

A total waste of time and lack of communication, think they''ve raised something like £1000 in the past 2 years after making this statement in Dec 2007

Cannycanary  posted  in Dec 2007

''''If an active body working along side / with the club that collecting donations for players Additional Transfer fees.

25,000 Supporters per game Plus countless supporters who follow the club want success. Plus Business support.

Surely if this was promoted enough, and stuctured right where the supporters contribute regularly, maybe the club could compete properly for the signature of quality football players.

I think it could generate 5-10 million per annum maybe more depending on the supporters if it was done right..''''

5 - 10 Million!!!

What were they smoking when they came up with that figure? How many supporters do they think Norwich have? The population of the greater Norwich area is around 250,000 they would all have to donate about 20 pounds every year to reach that figure.

Well, it''s good to be optimistic I guess.

Guess the important words in canny canary''s statement was '''' if its done right [:D]

[quote user="First Jedi"]"To be faur to them it had raised £2000 or something."

I''ve raised more in less months to replace my failing boiler...[/quote]To be fair, if nobody raises money for the Kitty, nobody goes cold [:)]

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="First Jedi"]"To be faur to them it had raised £2000 or something."

I''ve raised more in less months to replace my failing boiler...[/quote]To be fair, if nobody raises money for the Kitty, nobody goes cold [:)][/quote]To be fair,  if they''d organised some jumble sales...

[quote user="cityangel"]Guess the important words in canny canary''s statement was '''' if its done right [:D][/quote]That summs it up. In theory it was a great idea - with a great sentiment. The reason it fell down really was because of marketing and as others have said, lack of identifiable leadership.The concept itself wasn''t bad, if you took 20k people that turn up to home games - lets put it at that figure because you wont get 25k doing it - and each of them gave say £5 then you have £100k, obviously not the millions they are talking of but it would be useful in going towards transfer fees or players wages.The problem with the concept is that it would need official backing, there was no word from Carrow Road to say that they would accept the money and spend it on the squad ONLY which is what I believe the idea was. If it had been guaranteed then I feel it would have worked.However NCISA could run a similar idea and buy shares in an attempt to work their way towards a possible place on the board? You could keep a membership of those who donated.I just think its harsh to slam an idea that someone had the guts to try and make work when the idea itself could have been quite beautiful if it had worked.

[quote]However NCISA could run a similar idea and buy shares in an attempt

to work their way towards a possible place on the board? You could keep

a membership of those who donated.[/quote]Could they work with the supporters trust to acheive this, perhaps ?  That is what it''s for, after all.  But even then there would be no guarantee that the money would go straight into funds.[quote]I just think its harsh to slam an idea that someone had the guts to try

and make work when the idea itself could have been quite beautiful if

it had worked.

[/quote]Agreed.

I just hope that this present little surge of publicity leads to a few more contributions. It is for the good of our club after all.

I cannot for the life of me understand some of the shallow criticism evident above.I am even more bemused by the p*ss-taking.

Some of the constructive points are, however, very valid. I personally feel that the whole scheme could benefit from a higher profile and that perhaps it needs a kick start, maybe from a celebrity supporter, followed by some concrete evidence of what this sort of initiative can achieve.

Have they had much encouragement from the Club? 

Ridicule achieves nothing. The "kitty" exists we should all support it or keep quiet.

I well remember the time when vital fund raising for this club to survive took the form of tossing coins from the terraces into blankets at half-time.

"Every little helps," as my wife tells me when I forget to fill up at Tesco.

Kathy Blake and i met Steve Jacobs(cannycanary) way back in July 2008 at Nutty Nigel''s place of ill repute and in all honesty were bambozzled by his ideas and vision.

We were told that there would be a meeting involving all supporters groups organised by the Kitty to embrace all and get everybody on side.That meeting has never taken place.

As City Angel has stated their website has laid dormant since September of this year,some three months.

On 28th August this year someone calling himself Conker posted on the Kickit off site "Mr Tilson please be patient" when i asked what had happened to the meeting and who apart from Steve Jacobs was involved.My "patience" as Conker who is i suspect involved somewhere along the line put it is being tested to the extreme.

Who is the Chairman,Treasurer,Secretary and directors of the Limited company called The Norwich City Kitty? I suspect nobody other than themselves know.

This post i am sure will be viewed by some as negative and not constructive but in view of the above would you hand over any of your hard earned money?

The concept appears workable but the lack of transparency and execution of what it wanted to achieve has made sure in my opinion that it will now never work.

"To be fair, if nobody raises money for the Kitty, nobody goes cold"So... I''ve got more reason and motivation to fix my boiler than these guys have to buy out Norwich City... interesting view! :)

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

Kathy Blake and i met Steve Jacobs(cannycanary) way back in July 2008 at Nutty Nigel''s place of ill repute and in all honesty were bambozzled by his ideas and vision.

We were told that there would be a meeting involving all supporters groups organised by the Kitty to embrace all and get everybody on side.That meeting has never taken place.

As City Angel has stated their website has laid dormant since September of this year,some three months.

On 28th August this year someone calling himself Conker posted on the Kickit off site "Mr Tilson please be patient" when i asked what had happened to the meeting and who apart from Steve Jacobs was involved.My "patience" as Conker who is i suspect involved somewhere along the line put it is being tested to the extreme.

Who is the Chairman,Treasurer,Secretary and directors of the Limited company called The Norwich City Kitty? I suspect nobody other than themselves know.

This post i am sure will be viewed by some as negative and not constructive but in view of the above would you hand over any of your hard earned money?

The concept appears workable but the lack of transparency and execution of what it wanted to achieve has made sure in my opinion that it will now never work.

[/quote]Points fairly well made, and I for one was concerned about who it was being run by because it was somebody who we had never heard of.However I seem to remember that it got slated on here by NCISA peeps such as CA and others, possibly yourself, for these very reasons when it started up. But as no more pheasable alternative was provided people either chose to ignore the concept due to lack of faith/trust in it.I do think that if NCISA did something along those lines it would have at least helped you a little, I mean £1000 worth of shares maybe? Just seemed petty at the time - and indeed now when its obvious it has fallen on its face. Instead of kicking a dead donkey I would prefer to see some actual objectivity about it and perhaps some way some people can put some money into something they will see possitive results from.To me putting money straight into the team is no guarantee anyway - Grant would have wasted it on tat, Roeder on heartless mercinaries. If you pledged to use any money given to you to buy up more shares it would mean building towards a strong fan shareholding.

[quote user="Helen"]The players wages are too high! Thats whats happening.[/quote]That is something that needs to be addressed by FIFA and the FA etc. Some players in the prem are on basics of £100k+. At this level that could cover some teams weekly wage bill let alone a single player.It all has a trickle on effect, Championship wages go up slowly as a result of the teams falling down from the prem. Newcastle and Middlesborough being two larger clubs who will still be paying good prem money for some of their players.

I was critical of the Kitty at the time it was announced, I was at the same meeting that Tilly was at ith Kathy, NN and good old Ray Ducker. Steve came across as passionate about the club, at least he had a go at trying to do something. it hasnt worked, fair play to him for trying i say.

The Kitty website has its uses as a business directory however....

[quote user="chicken"]

However I seem to remember that it got slated on here by NCISA peeps such as CA and others, possibly yourself, for these very reasons when it started up. But as no more pheasable alternative was provided people either chose to ignore the concept due to lack of faith/trust in it.

[/quote]

I didn''t slate it to begin with, I was open to the idea and did indeed use google on their website for the first few months to help them raise funds. But after a while I wondered what money was being raised and could never get any answers to my questions . I tried asking on here, asking on their website but after about 12 months I finally ran out of patience. As Tilly posted Steve promised a fans meeting last year so he could update us with his project and its plan but that meeting never happened and 6 months on the website is dead, their forum is dead and the Kitty seems dead. Shame they seemed so passionate about it and if they had got us fans involved it could have worked.

Maybe as someone suggested the kitty is stuck up a tree [:D]