Sign in to follow this  
B-ru

King's Lynn is no more...[:(]

[quote user="Beauseant"]

I can''t begin to explain how angry I am this morning. I''ve had  a lot of involvement with KLFC over many years and to see this happen is absolutely gutting. Yes, the club has probably lived above it''s means (like City and most League clubs if we''re being honest), but the events of the last couple of years come down to a combination of incompetence, dishonesty and pride. The fans have been kept in the dark until way too late, and even then the club possibly could have been saved had the various protagonists worked together instead of acting like little kids.

Reading the self seeking statements of the likes of Bobbins, Handley and particularly Chinn, a man for whom no expression of contempt could be sufficiently descriptive, has turned my stomach over the last couple of weeks.

However, there WILL be a new club. The supporters trust are working very hard to create this and if any of you, in an expression of solidarity with your fellow football supporters, want to do something concrete to help I would urge you to use the link below to join the trust.

http://www.blueandgoldtrust.org.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=49&Itemid=56

[/quote]

The NCISA Committee has agreed to give £50 in a very small way help the brand new KLFC rise from the ashes Beau.We do not wish to join the The blue and Gold Trust but give me a ring on 0771 421 6616 and i will meet you before the Huddersfield game.

whats going to happen to Lynns results.. will they be annulled? will all the teams they have played so far and beaten/drawn with be given the point/3 points and goals back?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]whats going to happen to Lynns results.. will they be annulled? will all the teams they have played so far and beaten/drawn with be given the point/3 points and goals back?[/quote]

Statement from Unibond League tomorrow they say.  I would think record expunged (games didn''t happen) and a bye to Vauxhall Motors in the second round of the FA Trophy.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Beauseant"]

I can''t begin to explain how angry I am this morning. I''ve had  a lot of involvement with KLFC over many years and to see this happen is absolutely gutting. Yes, the club has probably lived above it''s means (like City and most League clubs if we''re being honest), but the events of the last couple of years come down to a combination of incompetence, dishonesty and pride. The fans have been kept in the dark until way too late, and even then the club possibly could have been saved had the various protagonists worked together instead of acting like little kids.

Reading the self seeking statements of the likes of Bobbins, Handley and particularly Chinn, a man for whom no expression of contempt could be sufficiently descriptive, has turned my stomach over the last couple of weeks.

However, there WILL be a new club. The supporters trust are working very hard to create this and if any of you, in an expression of solidarity with your fellow football supporters, want to do something concrete to help I would urge you to use the link below to join the trust.

http://www.blueandgoldtrust.org.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=49&Itemid=56

[/quote]

The NCISA Committee has agreed to give £50 in a very small way help the brand new KLFC rise from the ashes Beau.We do not wish to join the The blue and Gold Trust but give me a ring on 0771 421 6616 and i will meet you before the Huddersfield game.

[/quote]

Thanks Tilly, it will be appreciated. I''ll give you a bell next week to arrange to meet.

Donation/Membership post going in post today.

The Linnets will return, smaller, leaner, but, hopefully, more community focused and ran by people who care about the club, its supporters, its role in the county, and, vitally, of their responsibilities in setting up and managing the "new" (presumably?) AFC Kings Lynn?

The Julian Joachim signing was always a puzzle to me-as in "why?" and "how on earth can they afford him?" as his wage and signing on fee must have been better than any league club was able or willing to pay?

I think back to the Sky game vs Oldham, the money that raised and where it all went?

So many things. This is sad, but, in all honesty, maybe it is for the best, in the long term. Good luck all.

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

The moral of this story (aside from management issues) for every football club is: make sure your tax payments are up to date.  For years the Inland Revenue have allowed a lot of "drift" in payments by football clubs with some years behind in returns.  In fact I would say they were given a very easy ride that no other business would be allowed to get away with.  Nine or ten months ago this policy changed, but was barely reported, and now they are going for the jugular on tax arrears in sport - it is a definite policy as Southend have recently found out.  A couple of well known Rugby clubs are also in the firing line.

Also I understand that where they decide to go for the jugular they are imposing punitive daily interest charges (which can be several hundred pounds a day, depending on the amount outstanding).

[/quote]Say what you like about Doncaster / Munby (and people generally do), but at least they kept the taxman off our backs.

About two months before he departed we asked ND if Norwich were up to date with their tax payments.  He claimed the club were completely up to date.

Kings Lynn/Southend the first of many to come I believe.

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

About two months before he departed we asked ND if Norwich were up to date with their tax payments.  He claimed the club were completely up to date.

[/quote]

Do you really think that he would have said "no mate, we are wayyy behind but it will be ok"? I really don''t think any club in their right minds would discuss it''s finances with a journo!

[quote user="Attleborough_Canary"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]

Do you really think that he would have said "no mate, we are wayyy behind but it will be ok"? I really don''t think any club in their right minds would discuss it''s finances with a journo!

[/quote]

I am not inferring that we are behind on payments btw!

[quote user="Attleborough_Canary"][quote user="Attleborough_Canary"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You were one of about 35 clubs we asked because we knew the Inland Revenue were changing the rules.  Most provided a no comment but we had answers from about ten (including Norwich and Colchester) saying that there were no outstanding tax arrears from any previous years.  Man Utd also claimed to be up to date with their payments as did Everton. 

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="Attleborough_Canary"][quote user="Attleborough_Canary"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You were one of about 35 clubs we asked because we knew the Inland Revenue were changing the rules.  Most provided a no comment but we had answers from about ten (including Norwich and Colchester) saying that there were no outstanding tax arrears from any previous years.  Man Utd also claimed to be up to date with their payments as did Everton. 

[/quote]

Did any of them tell you they were behind on payments?