Sign in to follow this  
B-ru

King's Lynn is no more...[:(]

The end of King''s LYnn - official statement

09 December 2009 09:59

It is with our deep regret that the club has had to end in this fashion. We have done all we possibly could to find a solution to the problems but unfortunately time was against us.

The "cast iron" investor that pulled out just three working days before the court hearing left us no time to redress the situation. In a time of recession it is very difficult task to tempt people or businesses to "invest" in a football club. The only feasible offer on the table unfortunately did not comply with the FA and their decision is final.

Thanks to the generosity of a local couple we had raised sufficient funds to pay the tax (three of us had already paid 40k towards the original long standing tax debt) but it would be pointless to pay the tax if provision was not in place to take the club forward.

It should be noted that ALL major decisions both fiscal and otherwise concerning the club were made, agreed and sanctioned by all the board at any given time and not by any individual person.

Please try and remember some of the many good times over the past few years. Again we are truly sorry that this situation has occurred . We would also like to thank the many people who have assisted and supported us during our time at the club and especially those who have remained supportive over the last difficult months.

[quote user="Jack Buchanans gavel"]Blame the recession, that''s about the size of it...
[/quote]

No. Blame living above your means.

it`s sad to see this happen but if you can`t afford to buy something....you shouldn`t buy it !

[quote user="McCanary"]

[quote user="Jack Buchanans gavel"]Blame the recession, that''s about the size of it...[/quote]

it`s sad to see this happen but if you can`t afford to buy something....you shouldn`t buy it !

[/quote]I was being sarcastic actually

King''s Who????

only joking, its a real shame used to listen to their scores on the way out of carrow road after a match which neil adams prepared himself for canary call!

[quote user="Jack Buchanans gavel"][quote user="McCanary"]

[quote user="Jack Buchanans gavel"]Blame the recession, that''s about the size of it...
[/quote]

[/quote]

I was being sarcastic actually
[/quote]

Doesn`t really work in print..

A quick look around their forum, which will be closing soon on legal advice, suggests that there was a last minute bid to save them, which was thought to be by the bloke who runs the speedway in KL.  Sadly it fell through.  It looks like they''ll be starting again in the Ridgeons league if and when they do start again.The directors should hang their heads in shame.

[quote user="McCanary"][quote user="Jack Buchanans gavel"][quote user="McCanary"]

[quote user="Jack Buchanans gavel"]Blame the recession, that''s about the size of it...[/quote]

[/quote]I was being sarcastic actually[/quote]

Doesn`t really work in print..

[/quote]For you, you''re probably correct.

[quote user=" Baldrick"]Maybe the club over stretched itself. Their demise should be noted by Lowestoft who I watch when Norwich are not at  home.[/quote]

Thats a good point Baldrick.[Y]

I can''t begin to explain how angry I am this morning. I''ve had  a lot of involvement with KLFC over many years and to see this happen is absolutely gutting. Yes, the club has probably lived above it''s means (like City and most League clubs if we''re being honest), but the events of the last couple of years come down to a combination of incompetence, dishonesty and pride. The fans have been kept in the dark until way too late, and even then the club possibly could have been saved had the various protagonists worked together instead of acting like little kids.

Reading the self seeking statements of the likes of Bobbins, Handley and particularly Chinn, a man for whom no expression of contempt could be sufficiently descriptive, has turned my stomach over the last couple of weeks.

However, there WILL be a new club. The supporters trust are working very hard to create this and if any of you, in an expression of solidarity with your fellow football supporters, want to do something concrete to help I would urge you to use the link below to join the trust.

http://www.blueandgoldtrust.org.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=49&Itemid=56

I''ve just made a small donation, but as I have been indoctrinated by Tescos'' to remember, every little helps.  You''re not having my clubcard points though [:)]

[quote user="blahblahblah"]A quick look around their forum, which will be closing soon on legal advice, suggests that there was a last minute bid to save them, which was thought to be by the bloke who runs the speedway in KL.  Sadly it fell through.  It looks like they''ll be starting again in the Ridgeons league if and when they do start again.

The directors should hang their heads in shame.
[/quote]

lol that somewhat shocks me as I understand Buster doesn''t like football.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

I can''t begin to explain how angry I am this morning. I''ve had  a lot of involvement with KLFC over many years and to see this happen is absolutely gutting. Yes, the club has probably lived above it''s means (like City and most League clubs if we''re being honest), but the events of the last couple of years come down to a combination of incompetence, dishonesty and pride. The fans have been kept in the dark until way too late, and even then the club possibly could have been saved had the various protagonists worked together instead of acting like little kids.

Reading the self seeking statements of the likes of Bobbins, Handley and particularly Chinn, a man for whom no expression of contempt could be sufficiently descriptive, has turned my stomach over the last couple of weeks.

However, there WILL be a new club. The supporters trust are working very hard to create this and if any of you, in an expression of solidarity with your fellow football supporters, want to do something concrete to help I would urge you to use the link below to join the trust.

http://www.blueandgoldtrust.org.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=49&Itemid=56

[/quote]

I will donate Friday mate when I get paid.  How gutting

They have been officially wound up in the high court? Is there not the option to go to the court of appeal and supreme court before lynn are "gone for good"?

^^^

It''s all over. The current directors have washed their hands of the club after the quest for new investment fell through.

A new club rising from the ashes is the only option for King''s Lynn now....

Are there any local (and recent) former players who might be tempted to dip into their pockets / play for cheap to get the Lynn going again ?  It seems that Lowestoft has a lot of former Norwich players / staff, just wondering if there are any others who might be tempted to help this cause.

Very sad. Respect and best wishes to all KL supporters.

However...

"Thanks to the generosity of a local couple we had raised sufficient funds to pay the tax (three of us had already paid 40k towards the original long standing tax debt) but it would be pointless to pay the tax if provision was not in place to take the club forward."

... If you have the money there to pay the tax (particularly when donated by supporters) then it MUST be paid. Those supporters are tax payers, as I am, so where is it going to go if it is not paid? I don''t like the smell of that.

ND

I noticed they are doing a sponsored walk on Boxing day, I wonder if this is still happening.

The Blue & Gold Trust is committed to raising funds and next on our agenda is a 10 mile sponsored walk on Boxing Day from Fosdyke to Boston Uniteds ground.  This event is open to all ages and transport to Fosdyke and back to Lynn will be provided along with refreshments at Boston.  We intend to set off on the walk at 10.00am and expect to arrive at the ground around 1.15pm giving ample time for that Christmas drink!!  There will be marshalls at the event and everyone will have to wear flourescent vests and the majority of the route is actually on paths.  If anyone would like to join us on this walk and help raise valuble funds please email me 

klfcsupporterstrust@googlemail.com

This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

or speak to any Trust member at Tuesday or Saturdays game.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Are there any local (and recent) former players who might be tempted to dip into their pockets / play for cheap to get the Lynn going again ?  It seems that Lowestoft has a lot of former Norwich players / staff, just wondering if there are any others who might be tempted to help this cause.
[/quote]

It''s not that simple. There is no club to enter into contracts for things like use of the ground (it''s owned by the Council) and, more importantly, getting insurance.

The only way forward now is to create a new club, which is what the trust is committed to, and in answer to WAY''s question, I believe that the walk will be going ahead.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Are there any local (and recent) former players who might be tempted to dip into their pockets / play for cheap to get the Lynn going again ?  It seems that Lowestoft has a lot of former Norwich players / staff, just wondering if there are any others who might be tempted to help this cause.[/quote]

It''s not that simple. There is no club to enter into contracts for things like use of the ground (it''s owned by the Council) and, more importantly, getting insurance.

The only way forward now is to create a new club, which is what the trust is committed to, and in answer to WAY''s question, I believe that the walk will be going ahead.

[/quote]I appreciate that B, I''m sure it''s going to be bloody hard work for poor individuals, but if you could get a name who could open doors / encourage donations for you, isn''t that half the battle of gaining public support ?Just a thought, but could someone approach Bryan Gunn ?  Not many better connected in Norfolk than the Sherriff ?

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Are there any local (and recent) former players who might be tempted to dip into their pockets / play for cheap to get the Lynn going again ?  It seems that Lowestoft has a lot of former Norwich players / staff, just wondering if there are any others who might be tempted to help this cause.
[/quote]

[/quote]

I appreciate that B, I''m sure it''s going to be bloody hard work for poor individuals, but if you could get a name who could open doors / encourage donations for you, isn''t that half the battle of gaining public support ?

Just a thought, but could someone approach Bryan Gunn ?  Not many better connected in Norfolk than the Sherriff ?
[/quote]

That''s a great idea Blah. A number of names have been bounced about over here, but not his. I''ll make sure it gets passed on ( as long as he doesn''t want to become manager!)

It will be an uphill struggle, but there are people around who will put the effort in and the club will come back. Thanks for your interest (and that of others on this forum), I can assure you that it has been noticed and appreciated.[Y]

And to think the route that Downloads and a few others wanted us to take in the summer - lets get rid of what we have (Delia) at any cost with no thought to what to replace her with - would have landed Norwich in the same boat in all probability

Kings Lynn, Wisbech, Rushden, Maidstone, Scarborough - clubs that started to climb the pyramid and fell by the wayside.  Hopefully it won''t happen to Lowestoft but if you dont reap the rewards quickly, that gamble on big transfer fee and wages can come back and bite you hard.  Ask Leeds

Incidentally, talking of Downloads, he seems to have disappeared - he tried to snuggle up to the purists, obviously got rebuffed and has presumably taken his toys back to Portman Road.  I don''t often agree with Cluck, Smudger, Bly et al but they ARE generally entertaining, in a grumpy old grandad kind of way...Downloads unfortunately wasn''t

The moral of this story (aside from management issues) for every football club is: make sure your tax payments are up to date.  For years the Inland Revenue have allowed a lot of "drift" in payments by football clubs with some years behind in returns.  In fact I would say they were given a very easy ride that no other business would be allowed to get away with.  Nine or ten months ago this policy changed, but was barely reported, and now they are going for the jugular on tax arrears in sport - it is a definite policy as Southend have recently found out.  A couple of well known Rugby clubs are also in the firing line.

Also I understand that where they decide to go for the jugular they are imposing punitive daily interest charges (which can be several hundred pounds a day, depending on the amount outstanding).