Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

when did john deehan leave?

From Offy news

LAMBERT BRINGS IN BACKROOM DUO

Posted on: Wed 26 Aug 2009

CITY

can today confirm the appointments of former Canary Ian Culverhouse as

assistant manager and Gary Karsa as head of football operations.

Culverhouse and Karsa follow newly-appointed boss Paul Lambert from

Colchester United, as preparations continue for Saturday''s Coca-Cola

League One clash against their former side Wycombe at Carrow Road (3pm).

Meanwhile, Ian Crook retains his current role working with the

reserves and supporting with first team coaching duties. It has also

been confirmed John Deehan has left his position as chief scout at the

Club.
The news follows Ian Butterworth''s resignation as assistant

manager yesterday afternoon.

John Deehan had to go when the club brought Culverhouse in for personal reasons between the two.

[quote user="Herbert"]

[quote user="gcb...norwich"]or even keep it up lol!![/quote]

was this the personal reason?

[/quote]

Basically Deehan thinks Culverhouse is a **** and Culverhouse thinks Deehan is a ****

Deehan dropped Culverhouse I believe and told him exactly what he thought of him.

Some of you poor on the history of your club.

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="Herbert"]

[/quote]

Basically Deehan thinks Culverhouse is a **** and Culverhouse thinks Deehan is a ****

Deehan dropped Culverhouse I believe and told him exactly what he thought of him.

[/quote]

You''d better not move on to Culverhouse and Butterworth then[:O]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="Herbert"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You''d better not move on to Culverhouse and Butterworth then[:O]

[/quote]

Probably best, I agree.  I think it has been mentioned in the past.   Mr Murdoch has a name for all of this stuff: "professional tension."[;)]

Deehan was told to leave Kettering during their game against Leeds last night... and we thought the sacking of Gunn was bad !lol

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="Herbert"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

excuse me you pompus old git, i was just trying to share a joke. if you feel the need, as ever, to be the fountain of useless knowledge and patronise people at the same time, please sling your hook

So they''ve sacked him because they think his substitutions led to Leeds, who will be a CCC club next season got a flattering 5-1 win, at home, against a team that may well still be in the Conference next season?

Who don''t have the same sort of playing quality in their squad, neither the fitness, which was the only difference last night.

Muppets-who do the "high up" people at Kettering think they are, they may think themselves better than they are, but their actions suggest otherwise.

Deehan will get another job, he is hugely respected in the game as a coach and scout, their loss...

Can''t see where Deehan is respected in the game other that when he played.

He has been less than successful as a coach, manager or indeed a scout.

I will never forget the day Gunn was appointed -my chin hit the floor - and then Deehan made his appearance, the rest of my body collapsed.

Damn nice bloke and that''s about it!

Make that WAS the assistant at Kettering following this report on BBC site.

"Kettering player-manager Lee Harper is considering his future after assistant John Deehan was sacked".  Apparently he made the wrong substitutions after getting them into extra time and they lost 5-1 to Leeds in the FA Cup.  Problem was they only had 3 substitues to chose from!!! 

[quote user="ThetfordCanary"]Make that WAS the assistant at Kettering following this report on BBC site.

"Kettering player-manager Lee Harper is considering his future after assistant John Deehan was sacked".  Apparently he made the wrong substitutions after getting them into extra time and they lost 5-1 to Leeds in the FA Cup.  Problem was they only had 3 substitues to chose from!!! 

[/quote]

i think the Kettering chairman is a tw*t to be honest... its clear he wanted the payday against Man utd and now he hasnt got it he''s on a sulk and has flexed his "muscle" to remove Deehan... If Harper leaves how stupid will he look?

Kettering held leeds to a draw in 2 full matches.. ok they lost 5-1, but they took Leeds to extra time... we should be pleased with this as 1 or 2 of them might be cream crackered for the league games on Saturday!

It''s turned into a bit of a spat on Talksport.Firstly the Chairman phoned in, then Deehan, then the chairman again and then the player that was involved in the substitution.

[quote user="claud"]It''s turned into a bit of a spat on Talksport.

Firstly the Chairman phoned in, then Deehan, then the chairman again and then the player that was involved in the substitution.
[/quote]

does the chairman come accross as a pleb? what was the gist of the arguement? what did the player have to say?

Robert chase never did that to Deehan!

I didn''t catch either of the first two calls but it sounds like Deehan phoned Drivetime in response to the chairman phoning in earlier in the afternoon. Deehan claims that the chairman came into the dressing room, abused him (the ''worst he has ever experienced'') and sacked him. The chairman then honed back in to say that it was all rubbish and that he had had a civil conversation with Deehan outside the dressing room, but wouldn''t go into too much detail saying that he didn''t want to get drawn into a slagging match. He did say though that Deehan wasn''t sacked just because of last night but that there were quite a few issues with him.Lee Fowler then phoned in and pretty much slagged off the chairman and making him sound to be a right dick. Apparently the chairman had blamed last nights defeat on Fowler during a confrontation with him (after he had sacked Deehan).  Deehan brought Fowler on as a sub last night when apparently he has been told not to play him. A midfielder was injured and they only had Fowler, 2 keepers and a 17 year old kid on the bench apparently, so Deehan brought Fowler on.All very bizarre.

[quote user="claud"]I didn''t catch either of the first two calls but it sounds like Deehan phoned Drivetime in response to the chairman phoning in earlier in the afternoon. Deehan claims that the chairman came into the dressing room, abused him (the ''worst he has ever experienced'') and sacked him. The chairman then honed back in to say that it was all rubbish and that he had had a civil conversation with Deehan outside the dressing room, but wouldn''t go into too much detail saying that he didn''t want to get drawn into a slagging match. He did say though that Deehan wasn''t sacked just because of last night but that there were quite a few issues with him.

Lee Fowler then phoned in and pretty much slagged off the chairman and making him sound to be a right dick. Apparently the chairman had blamed last nights defeat on Fowler during a confrontation with him (after he had sacked Deehan).  Deehan brought Fowler on as a sub last night when apparently he has been told not to play him. A midfielder was injured and they only had Fowler, 2 keepers and a 17 year old kid on the bench apparently, so Deehan brought Fowler on.

All very bizarre.
[/quote]

looks like the chairman has lost his football club, Lost the manager, the players (and no doubt the fans)... I might keep an eye on them this season now.. it could be their own "Chase out"!

just listened to it.. Imran Ladak is a pompous git, isnt he the one who hired Gazza for 40 days (more for Media than anything else)?

didnt they have Peter Taylor at one stage too?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

just listened to it.. Imran Ladak is a pompous git, isnt he the one who hired Gazza for 40 days (more for Media than anything else)?

didnt they have Peter Taylor at one stage too?

[/quote]

Mr Gazza survived for 39 days and then the previous Manager was given his job back but then only survived (again) about two months before Mr L sacked him again.

As you will see Poppies message board in turmoil.  I think the answer could be for Mr Ladak to take over as Manager.[;)]