Sign in to follow this  
king canary

Norwich City moment of the decade?

As we are coming to the end of the decade what has been your favouite moment from the last 10 years? Not so many in the last few I bet....A few spring to mind for me, the victory over Man U was great, the last gasp winner over Newcastle made me feel like we could certainly stay up or the day Hucks signed when everything around the club felt bloody perfect. But for me it has to be beating Wolves 3-1 in the play off semi final. There fans and players had been acting like they were in the final already and when they went a goal up I feared the worst. But pulling back 1, then 2, then 3 and singing ''your not singing anymore'' to a shellshocked away section was amazing.

many! Malkys header vs Wolves in the playoffs.. Malkys header vs the Scum in the promotion season! lol! Iwans goal at Cardiff... beating man ure.. the boro game...

The last game of our Championship winning season, Iwan''s last game and scores twice, Fleming scores as well (I seem to recall), Norwich fans filling two sides of the ground, the guard of honour the Crewe players gave us at the start of the game and the comradeship between the fans on the pitch at the end of the game. A very special day that will stay with me for many more years to come.

King, most of the better moments have to be centred around 2001-4. The final five years of this decade haven''t exactly been golden years for us.

Defining moments: Iwan''s goal at the Playoff Final. For a few precious minutes we really thought it was our turn. The atmosphere and sense of occasion that day were very special.

Signing of Hucks: Who over the decade had to not only be our best signing, but we all lived beside a now legend of our club, not only by witnessing his wonderful ability on the pitch, but also the man he is off it and the now sense we have of a superfan amongst us who has given so much to our club and continues to do so in becoming one of us, a true fan and for me one of NCFC''s favourite ever sons.

Goals. More than a few memorable ones, plenty from Hucks, Malky''s decider in the semi final v Wolves, McKenzie''s goals v Ipswich, Steeno''s wonder goal, the comeback v ''Boro, the win over the ''stars'' of Man U and the look on the plastic Man U fans'' faces. Classical stuff.

Away trips to such a variety of places over the past ten years - from Old Trafford to Plymouth, from Southend to St James'' Park. Such a variety of contrasting venues, circumstances and highs and lows.

Off the pitch the changes in the boardroom and the constant tales of woe and increasing debt - let''s hope we can start off the new decade with some positive and encouraging news re vital investment.

But if I had to pick one moment it would be the sight of Huckerby on Boxing Day being introduced to us as one of our own. We knew then promotion was ours.

What can beat Christmas 2003? Our new striker signs two goals away at Ipswich to put us top of the table for the first time since the early ''90s, to be followed by the permanent signing of a certain Mr Huckerby a few days later. It was truly Roy of the Rovers stuff!

Id say the Loan deal then the on / off signing of Huckerby.He was a player that caught my eye when he was in his late teens early 20''s. I still remember watching him score what would become a trademark goal for Coventry vs Saints and thinking, wow this guy is amasing ! When he actually came to us on Loan i was excited and his signature for me was probably one of if not the most exciting transfer deals for our club in my memory, im going to turn 30 in the summer.Still think Hucks is perhaps one of the most exciting and under rated players ever.

[quote user="suffolk_punch"]going into league 3[/quote]It''s called League 1 you simpleton.   Dont worry, you''ll have plenty of time to familiarise yourself with it''s correct title next season...

[quote user="suffolk_punch"]going into league 3[/quote]Carefull where you step mateyRight now you lot insulting us is like a Geek with BO calling someone a Nerd ;)Its one thing if you were actually performing, but if i was a binner right now id be pooing my pants not running my mouth !!

[quote user="Pablo Picarsole"]Malky''s two goal salvo against the scum at Carrow Road in the promotion year.[/quote]i agree, anything against that shower of shite gets my vote

[quote user="king canary"]As we are coming to the end of the decade what has been your favouite moment from the last 10 years? Not so many in the last few I bet....A few spring to mind for me, the victory over Man U was great, the last gasp winner over Newcastle made me feel like we could certainly stay up or the day Hucks signed when everything around the club felt bloody perfect. But for me it has to be beating Wolves 3-1 in the play off semi final. There fans and players had been acting like they were in the final already and when they went a goal up I feared the worst. But pulling back 1, then 2, then 3 and singing ''your not singing anymore'' to a shellshocked away section was amazing.[/quote]The best thing about that Wolves game was when the camera panned round to their fans at the end and they all looked distraught, many were in tears that really brought an added smile to my face.

Angels, don''t forget the poor soul who had made a banner fit for the occasion telling his ''heroes'' they had let him down again.

What a bunch of absolute idiots (I was tempted to use other words) that lot are. Even worse than Ipswich. I can''t bear them or what they stand for and winning that game was just wonderful (as was getting out of the Midlands alive).

December 5th 2000. The day the board, having accepted Hamiltons resignation, put Worthy in charge. That was the catalyst for all your favourite moments of the decade.[:O]

I think August 18th 2009 could have a similar affect on our favourite moments of the next decade[Y]

My top 5 would have to be (impossible to pick one moment)in no particular order:1. Beating Wolves 3-1 at home playoff semi-final2. Iwans goal at Cardiff3. Wes Hoolahans screamer last season4. Ashtons equaliser v Newcastle5. Huckerby''s performance v Cardiff in his last loan match (4-1 at home)Worst top 5 moments1. 4-2 at Charlton2. 7-1 v Col U3. 6-1 at Fulham4. Huckerby released5. Final whistle in the Playoff Final

[quote user="Brighton Yellow"]an end to end move in which Neilsen does wolves in the middle of the park at thier place - was canary total football![/quote]Yes! remember it well, its on one of the highlight videos, great moment and skill by Neilson.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

December 5th 2000. The day the board, having accepted Hamiltons resignation, put Worthy in charge. That was the catalyst for all your favourite moments of the decade.[:O]

I think August 18th 2009 could have a similar affect on our favourite moments of the next decade[Y]

[/quote]Now now Nutty you are beginning to sound a bit like Bob Franklin.

[quote user="king canary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]
Now now Nutty you are beginning to sound a bit like Bob Franklin.
[/quote]

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! [:''(]

Any links between Gunny and moments of the decade would be even beyond our Bob[;)]

Is Worthy  City''s "Man Of The Decade"[:^)]

Or will they give it to Delia like they did his song[:^)][:O][;)]