Sign in to follow this  
pete_norw

Holt song

Sorry folks couldn''t find other thread on this.

But having read what he has said in the press, about being settled here perhaps we could give him A chant of GRANT HOLT IS ONE OF US ONE OF US, GRANT HOLT IS ONE OF US ONE OF US   it will better that the Alan lee one, as Holt really is one of us, Ok then where''s my coat 

i was thinking of songs to this tune earlier http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXmOl9U-4T4hes fast hes small wes hoolahan the silkiest man in all of town with stepovers here and there defenders on their arse everywherewell actually i thought hes fast hes small was rubbish but didnt know what else to put

wes hoolahans the slickest man in townwith silky skills to run the best defender downno man will stop the showjust let the goals and crosses flowthats enough from me ive got work to do

Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Wesley Hoolahan, Hoolahan, Wesley Hoolahan Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na

That''s the best and catchiest for Wes.

As for Holt, something easy and catchy like the

GRANTY HOLT HOLT HOLT, which was sung at Southend.

[quote user="Aruskinncfc"]Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Wesley Hoolahan, Hoolahan, Wesley Hoolahan Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na

That''s the best and catchiest for Wes.

As for Holt, something easy and catchy like the

GRANTY HOLT HOLT HOLT, which was sung at Southend.[/quote]

Yes all of them as well as "Grant Holt is one of us one of us" lol

After Bryan Gunn''s comment about his nickname being ''Horse'', it''s gotta be...Grant Holt the Wonder HorseGrant Holt the Wonder HorseLike a streak of lightnin'' flashing ''cross the sky

Like the swiftest arrow whizzing from a bow

Like a mighty cannonball he seems to fly

You''ll hear about him everywhere you go

The time will come when everyone will know

The name of....
Grant Holt the Wonder Horse

Grant Holt the Wonder HorseAnd for those not old enough, here''s the tune...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzpp58In8eo

[quote user="Souey"]After Bryan Gunn''s comment about his nickname being ''Horse'', it''s gotta be...

Like a streak of lightnin'' flashing ''cross the sky
Like the swiftest arrow whizzing from a bow
Like a mighty cannonball he seems to fly
You''ll hear about him everywhere you go
The time will come when everyone will know
The name of....

And for those not old enough, here''s the tune...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzpp58In8eo

[/quote]

Doubt there are many who would remember that tune.

Grant Holts song should be:

To the tune of Liverpools Fernando Torres song....

He came and proved he was a green Grant Holt, Grant Holt

When he heads the ball hes mean Grant Holt, Grant Holt

He loves to sh*t on blue and white

And hes f88king dynamite

Our boy Grant Holt citys number 9

Na na na na na na na na na na na na, na na na na na na na na na na na na, na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na Our boy Grant Holt Citys number 9!!!!!!!!!!!

he next person to suggest a bleeding Torres Rip off song for Holt is gonna get some serious abuse"waves keyboard threateningly"Seriously its been suggested 100000 times and simplyITS A S**T IDEA

His song should be ''the famous Mr Holt (of course, of course)''!!!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_PZPpWTRTU

Nexus_Canary wrote the following post at 09/12/2009 2:48 PM:

he next person to suggest a bleeding Torres Rip off song for Holt is gonna get some serious abuse

"waves keyboard threateningly"

Seriously its been suggested 100000 times and simply

ITS A S**T IDEA

Haha Nexus_Canary you do make me laugh!!!

Its a shit idea..Says who? You!!! oh ok then it must be a shit idea LOL

Let me guess you sit in a seat at the top of the Norwich & Peterborough and appreciate songs like IWAN IWAN!!!

My thinking behind a song to that tune was the atmosphere it brings. Do you not think it looks such a great atmosphere when Liverpool fans are singing it bouncing around.

Although i enjoy an old song that is sung to a Norwich player i just felt it was time for us to try and get with the times.

I know that alot of people wont like the song but when u have the title of "Norwich City Player Song Dedicator" you can then have the right to call peoples ideas shit. Untill then im afraid im going to sit in my chair laughing at you!!!

pennywise has this dead right i had this sone in my head a few weeks back and is the best option for Grant Holt i have seen..

to Kings Of Leon - Sex Is On Fire

woahhhhhhhhh Grant Holt is on fire !!!!

followed by

and woahhhhhhhh His goals take us higher !!!!

No more searching for Grant Holt songs this one is the answer Period !!!! End Of !!!

I thank you !!!!

[quote user="onemusketeer"]pennywise has this dead right i had this sone in my head a few weeks back and is the best option for Grant Holt i have seen..

followed by

No more searching for Grant Holt songs this one is the answer Period !!!! End Of !!!

I thank you !!!![/quote]Love it :D

[quote user="Lewie - Holt our saviour"][quote user="onemusketeer"]pennywise has this dead right i had this sone in my head a few weeks back and is the best option for Grant Holt i have seen..

followed by

I thank you !!!![/quote]Love it :D[/quote]Agreed [Y]The hey Jude one. It works better with Askou.

[quote user="Yella Foreva"]Some quote tree and a load of self rightious dribble about his "original song"[/quote]You thinking your the first person on here to think... i know ill take the words of the Liverpool Tores song and adapt it around Holt ??I wish people would read the forums with their crappy songs or better still try signing them at a match rather than posting up for approval.We already got something which the big man himself even clapped ( read around )Why we have to rip off something is beyond me, the song / tune of the Torres thing is not even really any good.You can sit in your chair laughing, im laughing at your pathetic fail of a song.Ive got nothing against an original song and something more inventive than Holt, Holt. But why do we need to rip off something done by Liverpool when we are surely creative to come up with something better ?For the record on originality, why no one has put this little thing together is beyond me1) 2 Chris Martins2) Yellow written by Chris Martin3) Chris Martin plays for Norwich4) We play in Yellow ???Make a song out of that one or do something a little more interesting than"Torres Torres"

[quote user="Arturo Lupoli"]

I loved the one at the oldham game...

Grant Holt, We F''in Love Grant Holt, We F''in Love Grant Holt

That will be all...

[/quote]To be honest that song isn''t exactly good, Kings of leon grant holt is on fire would be sooo much better.

Nexus_Canary wrote the following post at 09/12/2009 8:55 PM:

Yella Foreva wrote:

Some quote tree and a load of self rightious dribble about his "original song"

You thinking your the first person on here to think... i know ill take the words of the Liverpool Tores song and adapt it around Holt ??

I wish people would read the forums with their crappy songs or better still try signing them at a match rather than posting up for approval.

We already got something which the big man himself even clapped ( read around )

Why we have to rip off something is beyond me, the song / tune of the Torres thing is not even really any good.

You can sit in your chair laughing, im laughing at your pathetic fail of a song.

Ive got nothing against an original song and something more inventive than Holt, Holt. But why do we need to rip off something done by Liverpool when we are surely creative to come up with something better ?

For the record on originality, why no one has put this little thing together is beyond me

1) 2 Chris Martins

2) Yellow written by Chris Martin

3) Chris Martin plays for Norwich

4) We play in Yellow ???

Make a song out of that one or do something a little more interesting than

"Torres Torres"

Again your making me Laugh!!!!!

I not once said that i was the first person on here to think of something to the tune. But surely the fact that alot of people are putting something to the tune proves that its half decent and not s**t as your narrow minded self put it!!!!

As for the song that was sung for Grant Holt ( we f***ing love Grant Holt ), which i happen to like, that tune goes with numerous songs so how can you vouch for originallity on that.

And onto the subject of checking previous threads. Im sure if you did do that you will find that someone has already thought of Chris Martin idea. And seems your so quick to have ago at everyone elses ideas, lets see your lyrics that you would like to be sung to the tune of yellow. Put your money where your mouth is.

Whoever thought of the Grant Holt Sex Is On Fire song, "fair play". Awesome!!!!!