Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

man of the match

was very surprised the award went to doherty!! dont get me wrong he had a good game as the whole team did, but I cannot believe it wasnt awarded to darel russell!! he was immense! lost count of the number of times he broke up play and then set us on the attack! the guy has been awesome since his return to the team, and I would hope he will be rewarded with a new contract soon!!

[quote user="can u sit down please"]

Hooley said they all had a good laugh afterwards at the decision.

The Doc was good but i too was baffled by the decision considering we were in there half for 70% of the match!

[/quote]

just out of interest and OT, CUSDP, have you re-evaluated your prediction for this season yet? I notice you''ve got it down as 9th!

[quote user="can u sit down please"]

The Doc was good but i too was baffled by the decision considering we were in there half for 70% of the match!

[/quote]

I enjoyed watching the Doc trotting off towards the tunnel, only to be dragged back to collect his champagne. He clearly had no idea he might be in the running.

I thought he was a worthy winner of the award really, (atlthough I would have gone for Hoolahan). He played very well in my opinion and in actual fact made a darting run up the wing late in the first half!

Oldham were constantly firing high balls at the defence and he dealt with them all, and also in the first half played 4 or 5 superb cross field balls to Holt. I say let Doc enjoy it, Hooly and Holt will win it plenty more times this season.

[quote user="taintedtom2000"][quote user="can u sit down please"]

[/quote]

just out of interest and OT, CUSDP, have you re-evaluated your prediction for this season yet? I notice you''ve got it down as 9th!

[/quote]

I still stick by what i say [;)]

Looks like i will have to change it! Good spot TT!

I was a little surprised to hear he had won it to begin with but then walking out of the ground and thinking back over the match it was hard to remember him putting a foot wrong.

If not for that match alone it''s a nice reward for his excellent form.

I Think It''s About Time Adam Drury Won Something. He Has Been Brilliant All Season So Far. He Should Have Picked Up A Player Of The Month Somewhere In The Last Few Months In My Opinion! But I Guess As He Is Consistant And Good Every Match That Everyone Is Busy Looking For That Stand Out Player And Doesn''t Notice The One That Has Been Stand Out All Season! :)

Lets face it it is picked by the match sponsor and guests

12 good people and true!

They have been on the sauce since about 11.00am, good meal, tour more drinks with lunch etc etc.

You want to be thankful that a ballboy doesn''t get it.[:D]

[quote user="The Butler"]

Lets face it it is picked by the match sponsor and guests

12 good people and true!

They have been on the sauce since about 11.00am, good meal, tour more drinks with lunch etc etc.

You want to be thankful that a ballboy doesn''t get it.[:D]

[/quote]

...or the ref...."What about that fellow with the black shirt on and the whistle.  Thought he went on some jolly good runs, even if he didnt get much of the ball....."