Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Is the convicited killer playing against us tomorrow?

[quote user="First Wizard"]

Hasn''t this thread gone way beyond its original subject mods?

Its time it was pulled me thinks.

[/quote]Not now wiz, it''s starting to get interesting [;)]

[/quote]

I refer you back to my earlier reply Wiz. Your refusal to check BBC Sport for the Oldham has caused this and I suspect that deep down you''re rather pleased. You''re like Dr. Frankenstein you are and this is your monster [;)]

[/quote]For what reason? If people have views to express why shouldn''t they? What possible harm is this doing? If your not interested ignore it.It just wants moving to the ''It''s not just football'' section

[quote user="king canary"][quote user="Shyster"]Stop quoting everything, you dim sod.Do you know how those kind of statistics are gathered? You know those annoying f*ckers who step into your path with clipboards doing surveys? Well that''s how relevant and accurate those statistics are.I, and anybody else, can google stat''s all day long - don''t believe everything you read on the internet, chump. [:P][/quote]statistics on murder rates are not gathered by people in the street with clipboards. What would they ask, ''Hi can I just have a minute of your time to ask if you''ve ever been murdered?'' Essentially those stats tell you that places with the death penalty have higher murder rates. That is a fact. Now you can still argu for the death penalty as much as you like but to try and deny just plain facts is not going to help.[/quote]

Before I busy myself explaining to you how those particular statistics are falsified data, and indeed, why they are fake, I''d like you to consider the following question:Why would murder rates be higher in Death Penalty states?

[quote user="Shyster"][quote user="king canary"][quote user="Shyster"]Stop quoting everything, you dim sod.Do you know how those kind of statistics are gathered? You know those annoying f*ckers who step into your path with clipboards doing surveys? Well that''s how relevant and accurate those statistics are.I, and anybody else, can google stat''s all day long - don''t believe everything you read on the internet, chump. [:P][/quote]statistics on murder rates are not gathered by people in the street with clipboards. What would they ask, ''Hi can I just have a minute of your time to ask if you''ve ever been murdered?'' Essentially those stats tell you that places with the death penalty have higher murder rates. That is a fact. Now you can still argu for the death penalty as much as you like but to try and deny just plain facts is not going to help.[/quote]

Before I busy myself explaining to you how those particular statistics are falsified data, and indeed, why they are fake, I''d like you to consider the following question:Why would murder rates be higher in Death Penalty states?[/quote]Because the death penalty legitimizes violence. It promotes the concept of revenge or the idea that violence can be used as a means of righting a wrong, which of course it can''t.

[quote user="Shyster"]Before I busy myself explaining to you how those particular statistics are falsified data, and indeed, why they are fake, I''d like you to consider the following question:Why would murder rates be higher in Death Penalty states?[/quote]Please enlighten us as to why this is falsified data.  I would love to see such an explaination.While you are at it please also look at the table at the top of page 3 of:  http://www.amnestyusa.org/faithinaction/IIDiscussionAction/6ToughQuestions.pdfEither:Could you tell me why that is also falsified could you also tell me which of the organisations involved did the falsifying:  The US Census, the FBI or Amnesty International.Or:Could you accept that the statistics do not back you up.

[quote user="7rew"][quote user="Shyster"]Before I busy myself explaining to you how those particular statistics are falsified data, and indeed, why they are fake, I''d like you to consider the following question:Why would murder rates be higher in Death Penalty states?[/quote]Please enlighten us as to why this is falsified data.  I would love to see such an explaination.While you are at it please also look at the table at the top of page 3 of:  http://www.amnestyusa.org/faithinaction/IIDiscussionAction/6ToughQuestions.pdfEither:Could you tell me why that is also falsified could you also tell me which of the organisations involved did the falsifying:  The US Census, the FBI or Amnesty International.Or:Could you accept that the statistics do not back you up.[/quote]You''ll be lucky that Shyster bloke has some sort of phobia against using evidence, but its ok he still has his ''common sense''.

[quote user="7rew"][quote user="Shyster"]
Before I busy myself explaining to you how those particular statistics are falsified data, and indeed, why they are fake, I''d like you to consider the following question:

Why would murder rates be higher in Death Penalty states?
[/quote]

Please enlighten us as to why this is falsified data.  I would love to see such an explaination.

While you are at it please also look at the table at the top of page 3 of:  http://www.amnestyusa.org/faithinaction/IIDiscussionAction/6ToughQuestions.pdf

Either:
Could you tell me why that is also falsified could you also tell me which of the organisations involved did the falsifying:  The US Census, the FBI or Amnesty International.

Or:
Could you accept that the statistics do not back you up.

[/quote]

You only have to look at our current Government to see that figures can and are manipulated. Figures and stats can be manipulated in a positive or negative was to suit the person or organisations own agenda.