Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Is the convicited killer playing against us tomorrow?

so much anger this lunch time wiz!!

Do remember to breathe [:D]

[quote user="First Wizard"]

Thank Gawd, the thought of that low life gracing Carrow Road fills me with dread.

[/quote]

Fills you with dread! May I ask why? Hardly a reflection on us is it.

What he did was wrong, but he has served his sentance and as such should be given a second chance and treated the same as anybody else, otherwise what''s the point in having a criminal justice system? We may as well just bring back hanging! Although worryingly I suspect some of you would actually be in favour of that.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="Big Bad John"]Notts County.
[/quote]

Thank Gawd, the thought of that low life gracing Carrow Road fills me with dread.

[/quote]

Why?! He can''t run anyone over at Carrow Road!

[quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

Fills you with dread! May I ask why? Hardly a reflection on us is it.

[/quote]

No,  but to answer you in detail would take this thread way off a Norwich releated subject...............and I suspect you know this![:|]

[quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"]

What he did was wrong, but he has served his sentance and as such should be given a second chance and treated the same as anybody else, otherwise what''s the point in having a criminal justice system? We may as well just bring back hanging! Although worryingly I suspect some of you would actually be in favour of that.

[/quote]

His poor bloody victim and his family are serving their sentence permantly!...............and yes, I am for the death sentence, softly softly hasn''t worked..............full ruddy stop![:S]

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"]

[/quote]

His poor bloody victim and his family are serving their sentence permantly!...............and yes, I am for the death sentence, softly softly hasn''t worked..............full ruddy stop![:S]

[/quote]But of course, this isn''t YET another excuse for you to get on your high-horse about YET another non-football related subject, just to start YET another pointless argument is it...........C''mon Wiz, we were started to like the new, improved you! Don''t spoil it now! [Y]

[/quote]

[/quote]What would that actually achieve?

[/quote]

[/quote]Well, you''ve got your answer now, he isn''t playing, so how about you stop dragging your own thread off-topic with this pointless preening and flouncing ?

[/quote]

[/quote]

The last person hung in this country was innocent

[quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"]The last person hung in this country was innocent[/quote]The last person hung in Norwich wasn''t.............

[quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"]

[/quote]

He can have a second chance when the person that HE killed and ran from has a second chance.

[quote user=" Baldrick"][quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"]

[/quote]

He can have a second chance when the person that HE killed and ran from has a second chance.

[/quote]I can''t argue against that,  I just don''t believe in the death sentence. 

[quote user="Jack Buchanans gavel"][quote user=" Baldrick"][quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I can''t argue against that,  I just don''t believe in the death sentence. 
[/quote]

Not sure about his second chance and I certainly don''t believe in the death penalty; in fact I think that the best argument (among many solid ones!) against the death penalty is that the offender has to live with the consequences and shame attached to the crime for the rest of their lives.

I know what I''d choose, for instance, between twenty years in the slammer or a lethal injection. Although, obviously the best argument against (apart from not really wanting to live in a society based on an Old Testament ''eye for an eye'' model of justice) is the risk of executing an innocent defendant.   

The thing about second chances is, he has to do something for the rest

of his life.  He''s out, there''s nothing anyone can do about it.  If Hughes does a copious amount of community a charity work which I think he does,  what more can be done?

[quote user="macdougalls perm"][quote user="Jack Buchanans gavel"][quote user=" Baldrick"][quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"]

[/quote]

[/quote]I can''t argue against that,  I just don''t believe in the death sentence.  [/quote]

Not sure about his second chance and I certainly don''t believe in the death penalty; in fact I think that the best argument (among many solid ones!) against the death penalty is that the offender has to live with the consequences and shame attached to the crime for the rest of their lives.

I know what I''d choose, for instance, between twenty years in the slammer or a lethal injection. Although, obviously the best argument against (apart from not really wanting to live in a society based on an Old Testament ''eye for an eye'' model of justice) is the risk of executing an innocent defendant.   

[/quote]Also it means you have to make an innocent person into a killer (ie the person who delivers the injection, flips the switch, whatever thing you want to do)

Good point well made King Canary. I`m all for the death penalty (esp nowadays with so much DNA evidence making certain cases bang to rights). However I also belive in the mantra that you shouldn`t expect anyone to do something that you`re not prepared yo do yourself, and this is where my argument falls down. I know for a fact that I couldn`t flick the switch and therefore shouldn`t expect anyone else to do it. Hows that for hypocritical??

[quote user="Mutley"]Good point well made King Canary. I`m all for the death penalty (esp nowadays with so much DNA evidence making certain cases bang to rights). However I also belive in the mantra that you shouldn`t expect anyone to do something that you`re not prepared yo do yourself, and this is where my argument falls down. I know for a fact that I couldn`t flick the switch and therefore shouldn`t expect anyone else to do it. Hows that for hypocritical??[/quote]

The famous "let him have it" case had nothing to do with DNA.

There are less violent crimes per capita now than when we had the death penalty and certainly less murders. It isn''t a deterrent and in unclear cases guilty suspects are more likely to be let off due to the severity of the punishment, resulting in more guilty murderers getting away with it. So yeah, death penalty works out well.

[quote user="Mutley"]Good point well made King Canary. I`m all for the death penalty (esp nowadays with so much DNA evidence making certain cases bang to rights). However I also belive in the mantra that you shouldn`t expect anyone to do something that you`re not prepared yo do yourself, and this is where my argument falls down. I know for a fact that I couldn`t flick the switch and therefore shouldn`t expect anyone else to do it. Hows that for hypocritical??[/quote]DNA is not as clear cut as some suggest. It is relativly easy to plant, and with most murder victims killed by people they know, there is a good chance that the accused''s DNA may well be there anyway. I''m with those who say life should mean life- these prison sentances that get cut short for good behaviour are a bad idea.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="Mutley"]Good point well made King Canary. I`m all for the death penalty (esp nowadays with so much DNA evidence making certain cases bang to rights). However I also belive in the mantra that you shouldn`t expect anyone to do something that you`re not prepared yo do yourself, and this is where my argument falls down. I know for a fact that I couldn`t flick the switch and therefore shouldn`t expect anyone else to do it. Hows that for hypocritical??[/quote]

The famous "let him have it" case had nothing to do with DNA.

There are less violent crimes per capita now than when we had the death penalty and certainly less murders. It isn''t a deterrent and in unclear cases guilty suspects are more likely to be let off due to the severity of the punishment, resulting in more guilty murderers getting away with it. So yeah, death penalty works out well.[/quote]

I`m surprised you say that Bethnall, as from the evidence I`ve heard. Violent crime / murders are roughly at the same rate (per head of capita) as they were 100 years ago. The only difference being that we now have national / international media. I.e we now hear about more murders / stabbings / shootings than previously. But in reality they are at the same level nationally as they always have been.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"]The last person hung in this country was innocent[/quote]The last person hung in Norwich wasn''t.............[/quote]Had you gone to WC then you would have learned that pictures are hung and people are hanged.