Sign in to follow this  
silver fox

Will Worthy take a gamble and play the youngsters?

Now that we have an injury list as long as your arm will Worthy actually give any of the youngsters a chance?  On his past record it seems unlikely that they will get a look in as he always seems to favour the experienced players irrespective of whether they are unfit or under-performing.

At a time when we are struggling to get goals, why did Worthy leave Jarvis on the bench and bring on Mulryne, who was clearly unfit, or even McVeigh who has scored less goals than Jarvis in the reserves this season.  Why wasn''t Shackell even on the bench yesterday when he has all the attributes you want from a defender.  The last time he played against Robbie Keane he played him off the park.

What really p----s me off is that when they eventually do get a chance the knockers will be there ready to blame any defeat on the youngsters. 

Maybe it had something to do with the fact that Mulryne is a midfielder and Jarvis isn''t. I''d also love to know when Shackell played Keane off the park

I agree fella, I think everyone deserves a chance and no-one has a right to play if they are underperforming!!

What really p....s me off is that we play these kids in the reserves, when we should be loaning them out to other professional clubs so they can get some real confidence, which is an area they lack in when they come into the first team!!

According to my brother, who by the way works for the EDP and is a huge Canary fan, says Ryan Jarvis and his brother Rossi are making the journey to Middlesborough, Adam Smith is also going. I don''t know much about him though. If they play and do well, they will be heros but of course if they don''t do well Worthy will probably get knocked because the lads are too young! What can he do though, he has nobody else.

I think they will do ok.

Come on you Yellows !

erm..... excuse me.....

but what happened to Danny Crow?

---------Green---------
eddy-flem-shackell-drury
-Francis-Mulryne-Bently-
-Mcveigh--------Huckerby
--------Mckenzie-------

Subs: Danny Crow, Adam Smith, Helveg, Ryan Jarvis, Joe Lewis

Looking at your team, I think that Damo is still out for tomorrow. Also, you''ve left out the Doc, who''s versatility and Premiership experience mean that he is a must for the bench, instead of one of the youngsters.

true, so we take out a youngster

which just so happens to be helveg

(that would start of a great argument......)

Personnally i would drop adam smith and put doc there then

[quote]Maybe it had something to do with the fact that Mulryne is a midfielder and Jarvis isn''t. I''d also love to know when Shackell played Keane off the park[/quote]

NCFC4PREM  You are absolutely right Jarvis is not a midfielder he is a striker, and unless I am mistaken you usually bring on strikers to score goals. 

The match concerned when Shackell played Robbie Keane off the park was a pre-season friendly against Spurs.  If you want further evidence of his performances then look at last year against Cardiff when he played Earnshaw, the then current top scorer in Div 1, off the park.  This season''s League Cup match at Newcastle, against Kluivert he got very good reviews.  The only poor performance I have seen from him was when Worthy put him in at left back against Palace.

The only reason I can''t quote any more is because Worthy doesn''t pick him.  Surely you must consider good performances against players like Kluivert, Keane and Earnshaw warrant at least giving him a chance in the centre of our defence.