Sign in to follow this  
raunds canary

Thursday trivia

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]World Cup trivia. One easy, one middling, one difficult and one just a teeny bit sneaky.

1. Which World Cup-winning country no longer exists?

2. The sides winning the five consecutive World Cups from 1950 to 1966 all triumphed despite what common final factor?

3. Following on from that question, who won the 1950 World Cup final?

4. Who are the two Englishmen to have managed a team in a World Cup final?

[/quote]

4. george raynor-sweden? not sure on other one!

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]

1. West Germany?

2. They conceded first?

[/quote]Well, that''s the easy one and the middling one out of the way, Pete!

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]

1. West Germany?

2. They conceded first?

[/quote]

Well, that''s the easy one and the middling one out of the way, Pete![/quote]

Aye, afraid the other two would require Google, which in my eyes is cheating. As for number 3 I''ll take a guess at Uruguay.

[quote user="ryan1992"]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]World Cup trivia. One easy, one middling, one difficult and one just a teeny bit sneaky.1. Which World Cup-winning country no longer exists?2. The sides winning the five consecutive World Cups from 1950 to 1966 all triumphed despite what common final factor?3. Following on from that question, who won the 1950 World Cup final?4. Who are the two Englishmen to have managed a team in a World Cup final?[/quote]

[/quote]And there goes what I thought was the hard one, Ryan! Raynor, indeed, in 1958. I thought I was going to have to give clues, such as his initials being those of a much-loved recent City manager...

[quote user="norfolkchance1"]Who were the 9 players Pete?[/quote]

Afraid there was some confusion in the pub. The answer supplied was Gerrard, Carragher, Finnan, Deco, Selgado, Santa Cruz, McCarthy, Bosingwa and another Chelsea defender - I forget who.

They wouldn''t accept our argument of Jonathan Greening.

[quote user="Larry David"][quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]

And another...

Name the nine players currently playing in the Premier League that have won the Champions League but not the Premier League....

[/quote]

Jamie Carragher
Steven Gerrard
Steve Finnan
Benni Mccarthy
Deco
Belleti
Michel Salgado

Bosingwa was an unused sub.. cant find the other 2!
[/quote]

Robinho has hasnt he?

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="ryan1992"]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]World Cup trivia. One easy, one middling, one difficult and one just a teeny bit sneaky.

2. The sides winning the five consecutive World Cups from 1950 to 1966 all triumphed despite what common final factor?

[/quote]

[/quote]

And there goes what I thought was the hard one, Ryan! Raynor, indeed, in 1958. I thought I was going to have to give clues, such as his initials being those of a much-loved recent City manager...[/quote]

Cant believe you havent got the other one!!!!! Alf Ramsay!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="ryan1992"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[:$] that''s so obvious I didnt think of it!

And there goes what I thought was the hard one, Ryan! Raynor, indeed, in 1958. I thought I was going to have to give clues, such as his initials being those of a much-loved recent City manager...[/quote]

[/quote]

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="ryan1992"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[:$] that''s so obvious I didnt think of it!

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]

1. West Germany?

2. They conceded first?

[/quote]Well, that''s the easy one and the middling one out of the way, Pete![/quote]

Aye, afraid the other two would require Google, which in my eyes is cheating. As for number 3 I''ll take a guess at Uruguay.

[/quote]As to 3, "Who won the 1950 World Cup final?", bear in mind that with the easy, middling and difficult questions answered that leaves the teeny bit sneaky one!

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]

1. West Germany?

2. They conceded first?

[/quote]

Well, that''s the easy one and the middling one out of the way, Pete![/quote]

[/quote]

As to 3, "Who won the 1950 World Cup final?", bear in mind that with the easy, middling and difficult questions answered that leaves the teeny bit sneaky one![/quote]

30 and 50 were Uruguay,  so is it the goal scorer?  Or was there a womans version or a world cup in another event?  subbutteo?

Is that the yeaar there was no "final"?  wasnt there an early tournament where the final 8 played in a league basis???

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]Is that the yeaar there was no "final"?  wasnt there an early tournament where the final 8 played in a league basis???[/quote]Pretty much. An odd tournament. For the only time (not surprisingly!) the entire thing was on a league basis. Thirteen teams split between four initial groups (England lost to the USA!) and the four top teams going to the final group. By luck or an educated guess the last scheduled match in that group was between the best two teams, Uruguay and Brazil, and so was decisive. And Uruguay, against the odds, won 2-1. But, strictly, it wasn''t a final.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No.

[quote user="When Saturday Comes"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="ryan1992"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No.

[/quote]

Sorry, quoted the worng post - Robinho has not won the Champions League.