Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Are the suitors really lining up?

Well, according to Dodgy Rumours they are:

NORWICH CITY NEWS Middlesborough will bid for Norwich City''s Wes Hoolahan with the departure of Adam Johnson to the Premier league. City''s "dire" financial situation as highlighted by new chief exec David Mcnally will try to hold out for a figure of £3–4 million plus add–ons for the inform Irish man. Norwich have already taken precautions for the depature of Hoolahan by taking winger Anthony Mcnamee on loan from Swindon with a view to a permanent move in January. City also look to except bids of £4 million+ from a host of Championship clubs including QPR, Barnsley, Bristol City and Blackpool for 19 goal striker Grant Holt. Norwich will sign Mcnamee, Seabourne and Martin on full time contracts.

Hmmm...

And whilst we''re about it:

Alan Pardew is hoping to sign unsettled Bristol City midfielder Lee Johnson after agreeing a fee of £150k, however Norwich City have also expressed an interest.

OTBC

if we loose those two that will just about be the end of us. 8 mill does seem rather high tho, i mean teams like barnsly and blackpool couldnt even afford 4 mill anyway

That site is a joke, full of "news" made up by bored little men. Much like this messageboard [;)]

i fail to see any team bidding 4 million for holt. especially a championship club . not a chance blackpool have not got 4 million .!!!!!

whAT paper was that in ..? if it is a national paper they tend to talk trash to fill the bage pages any way .

Firstly, it is from, as you state, a dodgy rumour website, not even printed in a paper.

Secondly, the prices are way over inflated, and there is no way the a Champ team would pay those prices for 2 players that aren''t actually proven at Champ level...

I''m more likely to believe that we will accept a bid from another team if the person writing it knows how to use the English language - like the difference between accept and except. 

Also most of that stuff is unfounded, and made up by kids who have played too much Football Manager.

I have a feeling that there will soon be a rumour about us re-signing Dean Ashton...

[quote user="dhickl"]

I''m more likely to believe that we will accept a bid from another team if the person writing it knows how to use the English language - like the difference between accept and except. 

[/quote]And "in form"

If there was ever a site to ignore, then its that one!

They''ll print anything. I''ll pay a visit later and post something about us selling Ada Drury and Declan Rudd, as well as signing Forster permanently...watch out for it!

The people that do "know", REALLY know, what might be happening at football clubs wouldn''t need to, want to, or have to-or even have heard of-that site. Forget it...

[quote user="singing canary"]i fail to see any team bidding 4 million for holt. especially a championship club . not a chance blackpool have not got 4 million .!!!!!

whAT paper was that in ..? if it is a national paper they tend to talk trash to fill the bage pages any way .[/quote]

Which is why Holt will not leave....Hoolahan may be slightly more worth it for some clubs though, but if we do want those fee''s no one will buy them i think....

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Middlesboro definately are.......[/quote]

Strong interest? Enough to sway either Lambert, MacNally or even Wes himself? I would imagine that those three would have to be in total agreement for it to come to anything.

Does Hoolahan even want to leave?

Yeah Boro may go up to the Prem again, which must be really tempting, but he may think its too soon, or hes not good enough, or just that he loves it in Norwich, and he is a key part of the team, playing in a position that gives him total freedom.

[quote user="dhickl"]

I have a feeling that there will soon be a rumour about us re-signing Dean Ashton...

[/quote]Now on the site is "Dean Ashton who has ''retired'' from West Ham is to be given a fitness trial at his old club, Norwich."

That was an amazing prediction by me!!!!

Either that, or they print any old rubbish.

yeah, it does unfortunatly (especially in the case of Ashton :P ) but it depends on how sensible the Norwich Board are, if we sell Hoolahan for 1 or 2 Million (4 is rediclious, i don''t think anyone would bother for that much) that could have a big impact on us going up....

presumabley, going back up, would gain us more than 1 or 2 million, so keeping Hoolahan, to get us back up, would be better investment :P

(possibley, or i''m just crazy, and making it all up...)

[quote user="Gingerpele"]yeah, it does unfortunatly (especially in the case of Ashton :P ) but it depends on how sensible the Norwich Board are, if we sell Hoolahan for 1 or 2 Million (4 is rediclious, i don''t think anyone would bother for that much) that could have a big impact on us going up.... presumabley, going back up, would gain us more than 1 or 2 million, so keeping Hoolahan, to get us back up, would be better investment :P (possibley, or i''m just crazy, and making it all up...)[/quote]Another thing that we don''t know is if there is a minimum fee in Hoolahan''s contract.  There was at Blackpool so I wouldn''t rule it out.

i would hope not :P considering how little we manged to get him for from Blackpool :P you normally only have them, if you know you want to leave at some point i would have thought, and when i joined, we should have been conteding to go back up to the prem...not relegation....so hopefully there is not one....

Right, Blackpool are going to find 4 million for Holt are they?

That site is purely made up of people scanning through stories on teamtalk.com writing up whatever ''plausible'' rumours their little minds can come up with. Total fiction.

They can''t even spell ACCEPT!

Losers!

Do you reckon it''s possible that the people who continually quote from that site and those who contribute to that site are one and the same[:^)]

...well well well, my totally made up and off the cuff garbage about Drury leaving, Rudd going to Arsenal and us signing Forster has made it on there...anyone else?

[quote user="a1canary"]Right, Blackpool are going to find 4 million for Holt are they?

That site is purely made up of people scanning through stories on teamtalk.com writing up whatever ''plausible'' rumours their little minds can come up with. Total fiction.

They can''t even spell ACCEPT!

Losers![/quote]Perhaps more to the point it is a football site that can''t even spell Middlesbrough! Which rather undermines its credibility, and probably also discredits the credibility of posters who credulously credit it with credibility...

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]Perhaps more to the point it is a football site that can''t even spell Middlesbrough! Which rather undermines its credibility, and probably also discredits the credibility of posters who credulously credit it with credibility...[/quote]Incredible! [;)]

Lol! You couldn''t credit it!

Rudd to Arsenal!? Brilliant! It''s a bit like the game where you put down 2 possible ones and one completely bonkers one and see if they notice!

I think there must be loads of teams lining up for Hoolahan and even Holt.  I hope Lambert sticks to his word and doesn''t let them go if they do it will ruin the club and our chances!

I would be happy if we could get 4 million for either Hoolahan or Holt to be honest. We won''t of course, but for that money sell, sell, sell. Could get in at least 3 players of Hoolahan''s quality for that kind of cash.

Fear it wouldn''t take too much talk from his agent to tempt Wes to leave, especially if someone like Middlesborough were interested. Swap potential League One play-off scrap for Championship one as well as a nice new contract and signing on fee. Fingers crossed he is happy to see out the season with us though.

What about every other club with decent players? Stop worriying if we sell them it will be for the right reasons.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

NORWICH CITY NEWS Middlesborough will bid for Norwich City''s Wes Hoolahan with the departure of Adam Johnson to the Premier league. City''s "dire" financial situation as highlighted by new chief exec David Mcnally will try to hold out for a figure of £3–4 million plus add–ons for the inform Irish man. Norwich have already taken precautions for the depature of Hoolahan by taking winger Anthony Mcnamee on loan from Swindon with a view to a permanent move in January. City also look to except bids of £4 million+ from a host of Championship clubs including QPR, Barnsley, Bristol City and Blackpool for 19 goal striker Grant Holt. Norwich will sign Mcnamee, Seabourne and Martin on full time contracts.

Hmmm...

Alan Pardew is hoping to sign unsettled Bristol City midfielder Lee Johnson after agreeing a fee of £150k, however Norwich City have also expressed an interest.

OTBC

[/quote]

They will all be going Bly.... and at knock down prices.... if they are half decent players

Cue the "percy positives" throwing their knickers in the air.... before quickly settling down one more to enjoy the on-field dross they''ve come to tolerate.

Sod all will change until Smith is totally removed from the club........... 

[quote user="Cluck the Purist...."][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Hmmm...

OTBC

[/quote]

They will all be going Bly.... and at knock down prices.... if they are half decent players

Cue the "percy positives" throwing their knickers in the air.... before quickly settling down one more to enjoy the on-field dross they''ve come to tolerate.

Sod all will change until Smith is totally removed from the club........... 

[/quote]

Oh fk off you Smudger wannabe!