Sign in to follow this  
super-terrier

Jonathan Grounds

Orite ladsIt''s reported on sky sports website that have had an offer of £750k for Grounds accepted and will be in talks with him this weekend. I don''t believe the story is correct for one second but i do believe we are interested in him. The fee will be nowhere close to £750k if we do sign himWhat did you make of him during his time with you? Good player at this level?P.S Should be a cracking game next weekend

He was ok, nothing outstanding (not a wow factor or I am sure we would have put in for him ourselves) IMHO, although as you know we all see things differently.

I thought Grounds played well at both left back and centre back, and he scored three goals for City. I''m not sure which is his better postion of the two, maybe centre back. I think he would be a decent signing for any League 1 team.

Thought he was really good and would certainlly shine in this division and is a year older, I thought he was a big part of Boro'' plans, may not be with Strachan I suppose.

[quote user="super-terrier"]When you say isn''t the quickest. Are we talking very slow meaning he gets caught out a lot?[/quote]i think, if he was to be too attacking he may get caught out as he runs a bit like bambi really. but he is intelligent and his positioning generally makes up for it to be fair. He wouldn''t have an issue at this level with pace i wouldnt think.

It sounds like Zak Whitbread may be signing too so if we do get him it is most likely he will be playing left back. Although it will be good to have that versatility to cover for any injuries at centre backAs you will see next week, we are a left back and centre back short of a promotion winning side.

[quote user="super-terrier"]It sounds like Zak Whitbread may be signing too so if we do get him it is most likely he will be playing left back. Although it will be good to have that versatility to cover for any injuries at centre backAs you will see next week, we are a left back and centre back short of a promotion winning side.[/quote]Whitbread is very good i admit, surprised he would join another league 1 side, thought he was looking up?And you have peltier yes?

He nearly signed on the day the loan window closed but we ran out of time/failed his medical. It is believed that the deal will be completed in January although other clubs including Leeds are sniffing aroundYeah Peltier is at right back and is top drawer. The best full back I have seen at town in my 16 years of watching them. Pace, immense in the tackle, good in the air, makes very few mistakes and gets forward very well most games creating space for our winger to rip it up. He is a bit dodgy at times positionally but makes up for it due to be rapid. Too good for league one anyway

he was ok.. not brilliant to be fair, i thinl he got injured and had to go back to Boro... he has knee problems. could do ok in league 1 though.

[quote user="super-terrier"]Orite ladsIt''s reported on sky sports website that have had an offer of £750k for Grounds accepted and will be in talks with him this weekend. I don''t believe the story is correct for one second but i do believe we are interested in him. The fee will be nowhere close to £750k if we do sign himWhat did you make of him during his time with you? Good player at this level?P.S Should be a cracking game next weekend[/quote]He''s a very good player, he played at left back and at centre back for us and did a really good job.  He was also our second leading scorer so he''s one of those defenders who can get forward and knows where the goal is.  Though if you want one of those, Gary Doherty''s available for around £750k...

[quote user="super-terrier"]It sounds like Zak Whitbread may be signing too so if we do get him it is most likely he will be playing left back. Although it will be good to have that versatility to cover for any injuries at centre backAs you will see next week, we are a left back and centre back short of a promotion winning side.[/quote]A left back short! I have to disagree with that Drury has been 1 of the best players we''ve got this season. Very really gets beaten, diciplined, provides a good outlet and a good crosser of the ball and in Rhoys Wiggins we seem to have an able replacement.

[quote user="Dead Canary"][quote user="super-terrier"]It sounds like Zak Whitbread may be signing too so if we do get him it is most likely he will be playing left back. Although it will be good to have that versatility to cover for any injuries at centre back

As you will see next week, we are a left back and centre back short of a promotion winning side.
[/quote]

A left back short! I have to disagree with that Drury has been 1 of the best players we''ve got this season. Very really gets beaten, diciplined, provides a good outlet and a good crosser of the ball and in Rhoys Wiggins we seem to have an able replacement.
[/quote]

I think you''ll find they''re talking about Grounds going to Huddersfield.

[quote user="Dead Canary"][quote user="super-terrier"]It sounds like Zak Whitbread may be signing too so if we do get him it is most likely he will be playing left back. Although it will be good to have that versatility to cover for any injuries at centre backAs you will see next week, we are a left back and centre back short of a promotion winning side.[/quote]A left back short! I have to disagree with that Drury has been 1 of the best players we''ve got this season. Very really gets beaten, diciplined, provides a good outlet and a good crosser of the ball and in Rhoys Wiggins we seem to have an able replacement.[/quote]And the original post was made by a Huddersfield fan...

I wouldn''t want him back. For a defender he was pretty hopeless in the air and no great pace either. Plus injury prone. There''s better out there, certainly for that kind of money.