Sign in to follow this  
Bovril

Yeovil 3-3 Norwich match report..

Just got back from the game (I live in Yeovil) on a freezing cold day on the terraces it''s exactly what both teams deserved, a point each and nothing more..An awful first halve meant it simply had to get better in the second and thankfully it did, the defence for the first time this season looked really poor both on the flanks and in the centre, askou had a poor game today and rum looked like a player that had only just joined never really sure of what to do and where to be..russell was a tale of two halves, shocking in the first, superb in the second and whilst dochery wasn''t great at the back he made up for it further up the field, incidentally it was him that scored the last goal, and not russell or rum as I hear has been reported.Forster - 7 - not really any chance with the 3 goals though perhaps shouldn''t have allowed bowditch to get right infront of him for the first, made a great save at 2-2 to keep us in itRum - 5 - looked poor on this showing, showed signs of positivity in the second but as prevuiously mentioned didn''t seem to know what position to take upDoherty - 8 - I''ve given him an 8 for the two great headers he scored with and for the celebration at the end! however didn''t look sterdy at the back though not terribleAskou - 6 - I''m a big fan of his but today he had an off day and was unusually beaten in the air on two many occasions as well as being poor positionallyDrury - 6 - Got picked off a few times but supported well in the second halve going forward, in my view lucky to be on the pitch as looked a poor challenge when he got booked, similar to the challenge he was a victim of a few weeks back at carrow road when the bloke that time did get sent offSmith - 6 - Lots of energy and a few good balls, pressured well but seemed to go missing at times as you would expect at this stage in his careerLappin - 5/6 a confusing one, I''m still unsure as to what his strengths and weaknesses are, not a natual born central midfielder but couldn''t seem to pick out the passes today, awful in the first halve but improved in the secondRussell - 4/8 - he really was a jeckall/hyde character today, no where to be seen first halve as we lost the midfield battle but came out the 2nd fighting and lead the team forward, correctly took his time taking the free kick which lead to the 2nd goalHoolahan - 7 - huffed and puffed and tried to create but it was one of those days that things didn''t quite click mainly due to a number of close off-side decisionsMartin - 7 - good effort today by martin, grabbed his goal due to good posiitonal sense unlucky not to grab another but like others was missing in the first halveHolt - 7 - set up martin well with pure strength gettin past his man but frustrantighly tried to set up his team mate when unmarked in the box with a chance to headerSubs:Hughes - 5 - looked poor would have preferred to see mcnamee on for hoolahanMcdonald - 6 - didnt really make an impact but didnt do any mistakes

What did  Doherty do when celebrating to get booked?And BTW is half for one, and halves for more than one! [;)]

[quote user="The Lord"]Just got back from the game (I live in Yeovil) on a freezing cold day on the terraces it''s exactly what both teams deserved, a point each and nothing more..

An awful first halve meant it simply had to get better in the second and thankfully it did, the defence for the first time this season looked really poor both on the flanks and in the centre, askou had a poor game today and rum looked like a player that had only just joined never really sure of what to do and where to be..russell was a tale of two halves, shocking in the first, superb in the second and whilst dochery wasn''t great at the back he made up for it further up the field, incidentally it was him that scored the last goal, and not russell or rum as I hear has been reported.

Forster - 7 - not really any chance with the 3 goals though perhaps shouldn''t have allowed bowditch to get right infront of him for the first, made a great save at 2-2 to keep us in it

Rum - 5 - looked poor on this showing, showed signs of positivity in the second but as prevuiously mentioned didn''t seem to know what position to take up

Doherty - 8 - I''ve given him an 8 for the two great headers he scored with and for the celebration at the end! however didn''t look sterdy at the back though not terrible

Askou - 6 - I''m a big fan of his but today he had an off day and was unusually beaten in the air on two many occasions as well as being poor positionally

Drury - 6 - Got picked off a few times but supported well in the second halve going forward, in my view lucky to be on the pitch as looked a poor challenge when he got booked, similar to the challenge he was a victim of a few weeks back at carrow road when the bloke that time did get sent off

Smith - 6 - Lots of energy and a few good balls, pressured well but seemed to go missing at times as you would expect at this stage in his career

Lappin - 5/6 a confusing one, I''m still unsure as to what his strengths and weaknesses are, not a natual born central midfielder but couldn''t seem to pick out the passes today, awful in the first halve but improved in the second

Russell - 4/8 - he really was a jeckall/hyde character today, no where to be seen first halve as we lost the midfield battle but came out the 2nd fighting and lead the team forward, correctly took his time taking the free kick which lead to the 2nd goal

Hoolahan - 7 - huffed and puffed and tried to create but it was one of those days that things didn''t quite click mainly due to a number of close off-side decisions

Martin - 7 - good effort today by martin, grabbed his goal due to good posiitonal sense unlucky not to grab another but like others was missing in the first halve

Holt - 7 - set up martin well with pure strength gettin past his man but frustrantighly tried to set up his team mate when unmarked in the box with a chance to header

Subs:

Hughes - 5 - looked poor would have preferred to see mcnamee on for hoolahan

Mcdonald - 6 - didnt really make an impact but didnt do any mistakes
[/quote]

lappin = 0.83333333333333333333333333

russell  = 0.5

poor games from both of them!! [;)]

I agree with most of The Lord''s ratings and report but thought that we didn''t really deserve a point. Holt seemed to have a quieter game than usual -although he can hardly be expected to work miracles every week - and he did well to set up Martin for our first equaliser.

Yeovil looked more likely to score throughout the game. We had a shocking first half with not one effort on target if I remember correctly. The second half was a big improvement from City''s point of view but no one in the ground would''ve guessed there''d be five second half goals. Russell''s improved performance stood out and it was nice to see Doherty score one - or maybe two - goals. His first was a classic header into the corner but by way of celebration his stunning impression of a statue fooled most of us behind the goal into thinking there must have been an infringement.

Main plusses of the day - other than the late, late point - was a sunny blue sky, sit down meal with decent beer beforehand and a virtual non-stop 90 minute performance by the '' Yeovil Brass Band '' away on the terracing down at the other end.

Well, maybe the band wasn''t that much of a plus.......

how would you rate the ref and his assistants? they were terrible!the yeovil drummer was doing my head in too!hughes was dire when he came on, his first touch almost led to yeovil scoring. not sure why he came on to be honestIm not a fan of the doc but did ok with his goals today, the goals we conceded were down to bad defending but i cant single out the doc for that. I never thought id ever say id be happy with a draw against yeovil but its all we deserved.