Sign in to follow this  
I am a Banana

2 points dropped, or 1 point gained?

Any failure to take three points is two points dropped. Now we need Charlton to lose two more than us and they''ve only lost two all season.

[quote user="Penfold"]Any failure to take three points is two points dropped. Now we need Charlton to lose two more than us and they''ve only lost two all season.

[/quote]One of those games is against us, and have they still to play Leeds? Remember Leeds are now only 8 points clear, even if they have got a game in hand, so it''s certainly not over just because we''ve only got a draw away from home. We''re still well in the running, and such a late equaliser hopefully buoys the squad in time for Saturday. I do think Lambert will rest Holt and Hoolahan on Tuesday, and give McDonald a start - league has to be the priority now.

two points dropped. We drew a game we should have won comortatably.

[quote user="Colorado Canary"]

A massive point. To come back from a stoppage time goal is fantastic. It will feel like a win to the players, and it keeps the run going. Well done City...

[/quote]

What he said !

Of course it''s 2 points dropped. Up against one of the poorer teams in this league, we would have only really been happy with a win going in to the game, no reason why a poor performance turns that in to a point gained.

On the basis we are 3rd and they are midtable it''s 2 points lost, but as it is away and we came from behind, I would say it is a point gained.

[quote user="Penfold"]Any failure to take three points is two points dropped.

Now we need Charlton to lose two more than us and they''ve only lost two all season.

[/quote]

They couldn''t beat Yeovil either Penfold........................Oh, and a point gained.

[quote user="canari francais"]Being 2-1 up,and only drawing 3-3 is definitely two points dropped. A BIG disappointment.[/quote]

Spot on if we are expecting promotion we should be holding on to a game when we take the lead. Unfortunately we are still only a one trick team take out Hoolahan or match our diamond and we are lost bwe have no back up plan.

[quote user="canari francais"]Being 2-1 up,and only drawing 3-3 is definitely two points dropped. A BIG disappointment.[/quote]

But going 3-2 down in injury time and then drawing 3-3 is def a point gained

a point gained .the difference now and last season who ever we played if we just conceeded a goal at 90 minutes we would have thrown in the towel. good comeback away from home. long way to go yet current form looks very good . if leed or charlton lose a couple of games and we still have to play both it could be a tight finish . we are in the thick of it after taking a kicking at home on the first game of the season. goal average is looking good as well ..!!... good fightback .

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

1 point gained i think...

[/quote]

After going 3-2 down in injury time yes, but over the course of the game I think its 2 pts dropped cause we only started trying to win the game in 2nd half, in the 1st half we were waiting for something to happen!

To me it feels like 2 point lost.I have this nasty gut feeling we won,t catch the top two and will lose to Southampton in the play-offs.Failing to go up with 90 points. Glass half empty or what !

To score three goals away, and not come away with three points....disappointing.

To concede three goals away, and still come away with a point....encouraging....(but we shouldn''t have conceded three goals).

Better a point, than nothing....But to stay in touch with the top two, and hopefully go up automatically, should have come away with three after going ahead....Two points dropped.

Yeovil have been playing ok recently but if we are serious about catching the top 2 we should be winning games like this, the encouraging thing for me is that we managed to score 3 goals away from home while playing poorly and didn''t lose the game. Our defence is still a worry though, definitely 2 points dropped for me although I''d have taken a point when their third goal went in.

I liked Lambert''s response, "Delighted with a point, but disappointed not to have got all three...the lads know my thoughts on it".It''s 2 points dropped for me. But we''re not even at the half way point in the league, so there will be plenty of twists still to come.