Sign in to follow this  
Yorkshire  Canary

Why all the moans just because we drew

Promotion and relegation is decided over a season not 1 game. For years i have been brought up on a diet of Norwich losing more often than not away from home. The last 6 away games have brought 11 points the last 6 home games 18 why all the moans this is terrific form! Yeovil are one of those teams more than capable of taking points from the top 8 teams, Charlton only drew there. If we continue to pick up points at the rate that we have done over the last 12 then we would have another 60! that would be more than enough for second slot in any league giving us nearly 100 points! Come on lets look on the brightside and less of this negativity

You''re wasting your time, some people just come here to whinge lol.

For the record I agree.

In he end, it was a point away from home after being 1-0 down, so yeah, good point, and I agree! However, I think the point is, maybe we should be doing slightly better against a team like that? They arent exactly setting the league alight are they!

[quote user="NottsCanary"]In he end, it was a point away from home after being 1-0 down, so yeah, good point, and I agree! However, I think the point is, maybe we should be doing slightly better against a team like that? They arent exactly setting the league alight are they![/quote]The thing is we are among the top four biggest teams in this league. So, in relative terms, its like Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelski and Man ure visiting. Teams are clearly going to up their game against us, and while I accept that we have to be stronger than them, it is unlikely that they are going to just let us walk over them.

a draw is better than a defeat. Remember, they went 3-2 up in injury time. Did we lay down? no did we buggery, a point gained is better than 3 lost.

The never say die attitude is a pleasure to see in the team , it was gut wrenching for their goal in injury time, but just as pleasing to get an equalizer when Yeovil thought they had won it.

I must also add how sad I felt watching the highlights of the dross on TV which is in the Championship these days and us where we are now, still onwards and upwards.

Munich ......memories :-))

If every game went the way the table would suggest we''d have a really boring sport to follow. It''s the unpredictability of footbal that gives us all hope thatwhen things are going badly we can still spring a surprise. We have won 9, drawn one and lost one of our last 11 league games. That''s not godd, it''s bloody fantastic. We are averaging over 2 points a game under PL and that''s fantastic too. Yesterday was a game we could have easily tripped over against a side that hasn''t lost at Huish Park in its last 8 home games. We might gain automatic promotion or we might not but at last we have a side that doesn''t throw in the towel, jnows where the net is and a manager who is clear in what he wants and better still, knows how to get it. Whilst I do say to myself that promotion would only take us back to where we should already be, I''m still enjoying a superb season after the nightmare of the Stowmarket 2/Gunn debacle. Thank goodness we have a Chairman and CE that seem to know what being a football club is actually about.

It''s probably worth remembering that Charlton only managed a draw there too. And by all accounts, we didn''t play that well, yet still scored three times in the last half an hour and got away with a draw. Eight games unbeaten in the league and it keeps the momentum going.

I think it shows how far we have fallen this season under Lambert.  We went there in August and won 4-0, showed much more tactical awareness and kept a clean sheet.  Clearly Delia and the board didn''t appreciate "nice little Norwich" being so ruthless as they sacked Gunn the next day and bought in this joker to run the show.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]I think it shows how far we have fallen this season under Lambert.  We went there in August and won 4-0, showed much more tactical awareness and kept a clean sheet.  Clearly Delia and the board didn''t appreciate "nice little Norwich" being so ruthless as they sacked Gunn the next day and bought in this joker to run the show.[/quote]Sack him!!!

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Mister Chops"]I think it shows how far we have fallen this season under Lambert.  We went there in August and won 4-0, showed much more tactical awareness and kept a clean sheet.  Clearly Delia and the board didn''t appreciate "nice little Norwich" being so ruthless as they sacked Gunn the next day and bought in this joker to run the show.
[/quote]

Sack him!!!
[/quote]

And bring back Neil Doncaster!

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Mister Chops"]I think it shows how far we have fallen this season under Lambert.  We went there in August and won 4-0, showed much more tactical awareness and kept a clean sheet.  Clearly Delia and the board didn''t appreciate "nice little Norwich" being so ruthless as they sacked Gunn the next day and bought in this joker to run the show.[/quote]Sack him!!![/quote]

And bring back Neil Doncaster!

[/quote]I miss that crazy guy.

We keep on playing that same old diamond team every week and Lambert brings on subs at the 85th minute when theres not point. The players are probably really bored of all the stupid long coach journeys every 2 days. We need to up our game when we play every team not just the top teams.

[quote user="Helen"]

We keep on playing that same old diamond team every week and Lambert brings on subs at the 85th minute when theres not point. The players are probably really bored of all the stupid long coach journeys every 2 days. We need to up our game when we play every team not just the top teams.

[/quote]I''m fairly sure that if any players showed signs of "not being up for it" that Mr Lambert would soon have a word.Unless its Holty, I think he''s fairly undroppable.