Sign in to follow this  
morty

Blockquote.

Any ideas on how to stop the blockquote crap when quoting a post?

It''s getting annoying now.

Use a different browser.And in your last post in the ''Has Delia ''Got Away'' With It?''  thread you failed to put quotation marks around a quote.You obviously didn''t concentrate at Aylsham school.

I have tried IE and Chrome.

I didn''t go to Aylsham school.

Oh, and didn''t know that you were in the punctuation police either.

[quote user="morty"]I always edit what people say [/quote]eg[quote user="morty"]Some whine about long quotes [/quote]eg[quote user="morty"]OP about long quotes [/quote]eg[quote user="morty"]Made a good point about long quotes [/quote]

[quote user="morty"]I have tried IE and Chrome.

I didn''t go to Aylsham school.

Oh, and didn''t know that you were in the punctuation police either.[/quote]

North Walsham?

Okay Nexus, you obviously have no problem with the blockquote issue.

So when quoting a post, first, obviously you click the "quote" button.

What next? Do you then have to edit out all the quoted stuff you don''t require? Does it do it automatically for people who don''t have the issue?

[quote user="Dead Canary"]Try Mozilla Firefox, Chrome and IE are rubbish
[/quote]

IE is ok.Never had the blockquote problem.

[quote user="Herman "]

[quote user="Dead Canary"]Try Mozilla Firefox, Chrome and IE are rubbish[/quote]

[/quote]I find IE picks up a lot more virus though which caused allsorts of problems on my computer been much better since Firefox.

[quote user="morty"]Errrr Shyster I''m pretty sure you don''t.

I didn''t go to school in Norfolk for a start.[/quote]

But you once resided in North Walsham and your surname is Mortimer, right?

I did once reside in North Walsham, but my surname isn''t Mortimer.

Morty is just a username I use on forums etc.

[quote user="Dead Canary"][quote user="Herman "]

[quote user="Dead Canary"]Try Mozilla Firefox, Chrome and IE are rubbish
[/quote]

[/quote]

I find IE picks up a lot more virus though which caused allsorts of problems on my computer been much better since Firefox.
[/quote]

Cheers,i didn''t know that.Will check out Firefox[Y]

[quote user="Dead Canary"][quote user="Herman "]

[quote user="Dead Canary"]Try Mozilla Firefox, Chrome and IE are rubbish[/quote]

[/quote]I find IE picks up a lot more virus though which caused allsorts of problems on my computer been much better since Firefox.[/quote]

Yes indeed, Mozilla is the superior browser and Safari isn''t half bad - IE should be deleted from everyone''s computer.

[quote user="Shyster"][quote user="Dead Canary"][quote user="Herman "]

[/quote]I find IE picks up a lot more virus though which caused allsorts of problems on my computer been much better since Firefox.[/quote]

Yes indeed, Mozilla is the superior browser and Safari isn''t half bad - IE should be deleted from everyone''s computer.[/quote]I normally use Google Chrome, which is basically their version of Firefox, very similar.I have downloaded Firefox and am using it now, hope it works lol.

[quote user="morty"]Any ideas on how to stop the blockquote crap when quoting a post?

It''s getting annoying now.[/quote]Sorted.

What you need to do is ensure that everything is kept within the quote section, clicking the quote button is the easiest way , then i edit whats in the bracket.Mine does it auto i guess, although i do see when people fail the quote and normally i ignore what they have written bacause some wrong code results in us being able to see the code...a bit like this.......

[quote user="Shyster"]Please accept my unreserved apologies, you are not the person I was thinking of.[/quote]Apologies accepted.

user="Nexus_Canary"What you need to do is ensure that everything is kept within the quote section, clicking the quote button is the easiest way , then i edit whats in the bracket.Mine does it auto i guess, although i do see when people fail the quote and normally i ignore what they have written bacause some wrong code results in us being able to see the code...a bit like this.......[/quote

epic fail :)

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]What you need to do is ensure that everything is kept within the quote section, clicking the quote button is the easiest way , then i edit whats in the bracket.Mine does it auto i guess, although i do see when people fail the quote and normally i ignore what they have written bacause some wrong code results in us being able to see the code...a bit like this.......[/quote]Thanks. But downloading Firefox appears to have sorted it.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Nexus_Canary"]What you need to do is ensure that everything is kept within the quote section, clicking the quote button is the easiest way , then i edit whats in the bracket.

Mine does it auto i guess, although i do see when people fail the quote and normally i ignore what they have written bacause some wrong code results in us being able to see the code...

a bit like this.......
[/quote]

Thanks. But downloading Firefox appears to have sorted it.
[/quote]

I use IE and I''ve never had a problem.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Nexus_Canary"]What you need to do is ensure that everything is kept within the quote section, clicking the quote button is the easiest way , then i edit whats in the bracket.Mine does it auto i guess, although i do see when people fail the quote and normally i ignore what they have written bacause some wrong code results in us being able to see the code...a bit like this.......[/quote]Thanks. But downloading Firefox appears to have sorted it.[/quote]

[/quote]Maybe its a different versions thing then.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Nexus_Canary"]What you need to do is ensure that everything is kept within the quote section, clicking the quote button is the easiest way , then i edit whats in the bracket.

Mine does it auto i guess, although i do see when people fail the quote and normally i ignore what they have written bacause some wrong code results in us being able to see the code...

a bit like this.......
[/quote]

Thanks. But downloading Firefox appears to have sorted it.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Maybe its a different versions thing then.
[/quote]

Its IE8, works fine for me.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="morty"][quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Nexus_Canary"]What you need to do is ensure that everything is kept within the quote section, clicking the quote button is the easiest way , then i edit whats in the bracket.Mine does it auto i guess, although i do see when people fail the quote and normally i ignore what they have written bacause some wrong code results in us being able to see the code...a bit like this.......[/quote]Thanks. But downloading Firefox appears to have sorted it.[/quote]

[/quote]Maybe its a different versions thing then.[/quote]

[/quote]

[:O] I hope you''ve got a bloody good anti-virus.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="morty"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]Yup, I have 8 too.I''ll just use FF when using this forum from now on.

[quote user="Shyster"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="morty"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

[:O] I hope you''ve got a bloody good anti-virus.[/quote]IE is perfectly safe even with a basic free anti virus program.Its people like Norton that like to spread doom and gloom about viruses to keep us paranoid and buying their products.