Sign in to follow this  
Brendo

So, What is the difference?

Well at home, we have been in control in nearly every game, and winning quite comfortably. So how can we go from an easy win at home last week, to such an end-to-end game with such an average league 1 side?  Not just today, a few other away games we''ve looked a bit edgey. So whats the difference? Surely it cant just be crowd?

If people knew that, then they would be managers, that has been the story since the advent of football and will no doubt remain the same.

everyone plays different at home cookie monster, the fact taht you are used t playingon thepitch thecrowd factor as you m,entioned also the traveling factor, playing away often ,means traveeling which can play a massive affect on your ,mental aspect of the game.so in answer to your question a point away to yeovil is great point and playing away ,makes a huge difference beeker is better than cookie monster and know one will disagree except a small minded person such as your self who unlike me has know professional footballing experience x

[quote user="Herbert"]everyone plays different at home cookie monster, the fact taht you are used t playingon thepitch thecrowd factor as you m,entioned also the traveling factor, playing away often ,means traveeling which can play a massive affect on your ,mental aspect of the game.so in answer to your question a point away to yeovil is great point and playing away ,makes a huge difference beeker is better than cookie monster and know one will disagree except a small minded person such as your self who unlike me has know professional footballing experience x[/quote]

someone''s had a few lol

[quote user="Delias Devonshire Dirtbox"]

[quote user="Herbert"]everyone plays different at home cookie monster, the fact taht you are used t playingon thepitch thecrowd factor as you m,entioned also the traveling factor, playing away often ,means traveeling which can play a massive affect on your ,mental aspect of the game.so in answer to your question a point away to yeovil is great point and playing away ,makes a huge difference beeker is better than cookie monster and know one will disagree except a small minded person such as your self who unlike me has know professional footballing experience x[/quote]

someone''s had a few lol

[/quote]

confirmed

They were at home today [;)] So they had nothing to overcome. And as the table shows, they are obviously playing better than us, or at least winning more than us [:(]

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="Brendan"]Yeah but most league winning sides deal with that. [/quote]

Errr? Charlton failed to beat Yeovil a few weeks back!

[/quote]Most, but yeah your right. I dont see Charlton winning the league though.

[quote user="Brendan"]They were at home today [;)] So they had nothing to overcome. And as the table shows, they are obviously playing better than us, or at least winning more than us [:(]
[/quote]

No, they were away.

A good point today and I don''t really know what you''re moaning about, we''ve been better away from home this year than we have been for years.

[quote user="When Saturday Comes"]

[quote user="Brendan"]They were at home today [;)] So they had nothing to overcome. And as the table shows, they are obviously playing better than us, or at least winning more than us [:(][/quote]

No, they were away.

A good point today and I don''t really know what you''re moaning about, we''ve been better away from home this year than we have been for years.

[/quote]Good point [Y]We could beat Chelsea 0-6 away from home in the champions league final & someone would still moan about this shouldnt of happned & all that

[quote user="NCFC-47"][quote user="When Saturday Comes"]

[quote user="Brendan"]They were at home today [;)] So they had nothing to overcome. And as the table shows, they are obviously playing better than us, or at least winning more than us [:(][/quote]

No, they were away.

[/quote]Good point [Y]We could beat Chelsea 0-6 away from home in the champions league final & someone would still moan about this shouldnt of happned & all that[/quote]Jesus Christ! (Sorry) But come on man, we are playing against teams not half as good as last season. It would be pretty horrific if we werent playing better away than we were a few years back.

[quote user="Brendan"]Well at home, we have been in control in nearly every game, and winning quite comfortably. So how can we go from an easy win at home last week, to such an end-to-end game with such an average league 1 side?  Not just today, a few other away games we''ve looked a bit edgey. So whats the difference? Surely it cant just be crowd? [/quote]I think you have identified part of the reason.I wouldn''t say its complacency but I think some of the lads push only as hard as they need to in games. Against Brighton we were two nil up and started to relax a little bit too much. They came back and scored and then they woke up and put the game to bed when they really should have done before half time.I think its harder playing away from home in the league because so many of the teams have titchey stadiums and only a handful of fans. They play better at home because they normally have at least 23k fans chanting and getting behind them. Some player you talk to will say that its not just your own fans that get you going its the opposition fans too, especially if there are a lot of them when playing away from home. Places like Yeovil are hard to go to because the intensity off the pitch is not there in the same way it is at Carrow Road.I also think a couple of our players could do with a rest, they have played quite a few games on the trot, sometimes one game out is enough to rejuvinate them. Perhaps that is what one or two need.

to conceed late on in a game and still have the "get up and go" to claw it back for a point is good in my eyes . well played city who ever the team is they are playing .

At home the opponents have a certain fear about fortress CR, and they come defensively, whereas away they are all out to topple one of the leading sides - it''s a challenge, and like Yeovil, they are often quick out of the blocks.We used to be be poor away, and even this season our away record is not brilliant, but you sense a never-give-up strength about them, with some late goals. You fancy them for at least a draw.

[quote user="Brendan"]Well at home, we have been in control in nearly every game, and winning quite comfortably. So how can we go from an easy win at home last week, to such an end-to-end game with such an average league 1 side?  Not just today, a few other away games we''ve looked a bit edgey. So whats the difference? Surely it cant just be crowd?
[/quote]

You are a silly billy