Sign in to follow this  
Matt Morriss

Poor Dean Ashton

I actually feel sorry for Dean Ashton now, listening to Carlton Cole on SP1, Ashton broke down in tears in the dressing room when he found out the news he''d never play again.I had to retire this season due to a persistent ankle injury, and whilst i wasnt too bothered cause im 33 and overweight, and obviously only played at an amateur level, i sympathise with Dean, to be player with such ability and not being able to fulfil his potential will be so frustrating for him, and something he will now have to live with for the rest of life. Knowing that you had it in you to achieve greatness, set yourself up financially for life and make your mark on football history must be gut wrenching for him.I thought Ashton was pure class when on form and injury free and the highlight reel of some of his West Ham goals proved that, when you intersperse some of his goals for us you have one hell of a best of goals video and good evidence to suggest Ashton would have been good enough to be England''s top striker for years to come like Shearer. He would have been the answer i think weve looked for since Shearer retired and a strike force next year of Rooney and Ashton id have been confident about. Ashton had everything, great touch, intelligent passing to bring others into play, sets up goals for others, great in the air and a great shot on him, strong and turned really well for a big man. Id actually go as far to say that our chances of winning the world cup have dropped drastically with Dean''s retirement, taking into account he wasnt really in contention due to his injuries, but if he was fit and starting games for England like Heskey, Crouch etc id be putting bets on a World Cup win next year as the one thing thats gonna hamper England is the lack of 2 world class strikers, and a partner for Rooney.Such a shame, all is forgiven for the Dean Cashton finale to your NCFC career, big loss to the game.

Of ffs, how many more threads about lard-ar*e?He didn''t even muster a century of goals throughout his ''illustrious'' career and most of ''em were for the mighty Crewe Alexander.Ashton would''ve been snapped up by a Premier club years before we acquired him if he was all that.And why the sympathy? He''s hardly ever going to be f*cking destitute.

I get your point BarclayMan, He as Shyster said may not be or have been the best ever, but he was a good player and has now lost a career that he will have loved. And not just that but he may never run again. Regardless of ability, if you love your sport, you play and you enjoy it, he might not be able to do that now. The money he has behind him should keep him going thats for sure, but I know (im injured atm) that without sport my life would be a bit empty too.

[quote user="Shyster"]Of ffs, how many more threads about lard-ar*e?

He didn''t even muster a century of goals throughout his ''illustrious'' career and most of ''em were for the mighty Crewe Alexander.

Ashton would''ve been snapped up by a Premier club years before we acquired him if he was all that.

And why the sympathy? He''s hardly ever going to be f*cking destitute.
[/quote]

Agreed Shyster...

He''s already earned more than many of us will in an entire lifetime.... not to mention his PFA insurance pay out and pension.

It''s nothing more than an extremely well paid job and a short lived one for all those who get such a chance ......

[quote user="Cluck the Purist...."]

[quote user="Shyster"]Of ffs, how many more threads about lard-ar*e?He didn''t even muster a century of goals throughout his ''illustrious'' career and most of ''em were for the mighty Crewe Alexander.Ashton would''ve been snapped up by a Premier club years before we acquired him if he was all that.And why the sympathy? He''s hardly ever going to be f*cking destitute. [/quote]

Agreed Shyster...

He''s already earned more than many of us will in an entire lifetime.... not to mention his PFA insurance pay out and pension.

It''s nothing more than an extremely well paid job and a short lived one for all those who get such a chance ......

[/quote]

Exactly, Cluck - without football the likes of Ashton, Beckham and countless others would be flipping burgers or emptying bins.Ashton should be crying with elation.

[quote user="Shyster"][quote user="Cluck the Purist...."]

He didn''t even muster a century of goals throughout his ''illustrious'' career and most of ''em were for the mighty Crewe Alexander.

Ashton would''ve been snapped up by a Premier club years before we acquired him if he was all that.

[/quote]

Agreed Shyster...

[/quote]

Exactly, Cluck - without football the likes of Ashton, Beckham and countless others would be flipping burgers or emptying bins.

Ashton should be crying with elation.
[/quote]

Why feel sorry for him, he chose that career, he took out the insurance to cover such things, he won''t have to go down the dss and ask for help he will always have food in the fridge, I feel sorry for the Squaddie who lost his legs in Afganistan and has been given the golgen hand shake by the govenment, which when all said and done is peanuts

[quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="Shyster"][quote user="Cluck the Purist...."]

[/quote]

Agreed Shyster...

[/quote]

Exactly, Cluck - without football the likes of Ashton, Beckham and countless others would be flipping burgers or emptying bins.

Ashton should be crying with elation.
[/quote]

Why feel sorry for him, he chose that career, he took out the insurance to cover such things, he won''t have to go down the dss and ask for help he will always have food in the fridge, I feel sorry for the Squaddie who lost his legs in Afganistan and has been given the golgen hand shake by the govenment, which when all said and done is peanuts

[/quote]

as well as a golden hand shake

[quote user="Shyster"]Of ffs, how many more threads about lard-ar*e?He didn''t even muster a century of goals throughout his ''illustrious'' career and most of ''em were for the mighty Crewe Alexander.Ashton would''ve been snapped up by a Premier club years before we acquired him if he was all that.And why the sympathy? He''s hardly ever going to be f*cking destitute. [/quote]No one is talking about an illustrious career that happened but one that should have been. When we snapped him up for the premiership he was only 22 and had moved up the leagues scoring a lot of goals along the way.And why the sympthay? Well thats obvious imgaine if you had spent most of your life wanting nothing more than to be a proffesional footballer and play for your country only to have it snatched away  so cruely I would be devestated myself and no amount of money can make up for that.

Speaking as someone who had to give up football through injury (Tore my Cruciate ligament twice) I can sympathise with Ashton.Money doesn''t enter into it, I would dearly love to have a 5 a side kickabout with the lads. I am in my early forties, but to have this happen to you in your twenties must be shit.

It is a big shame for dean, and also a shame for the PL and arguably England.But I think some of this is over the top as most people have to work most of their life in a standard 9-5 job every day to earn the sort of money he has to play football, so although his career has been cut short, a shorter career in football would probably still be prefered to most other livings and Dario Gradi said himself that the saving grace is that he has enough money not to have to work again. So while it is sad, there are probably much worse things going on at the moment.Im also not entirely convinced that it will make a big difference to our world cup.

[quote user="morty"]Speaking as someone who had to give up football through injury (Tore my Cruciate ligament twice) I can sympathise with Ashton.

Money doesn''t enter into it, I would dearly love to have a 5 a side kickabout with the lads. I am in my early forties, but to have this happen to you in your twenties must be shit.
[/quote]

I felt sorry for you already.....now I''m in tears.

Poor poor Morty....... [:''(][:''(][:''(]

[quote user="Cluck the Purist...."]

[quote user="morty"]Speaking as someone who had to give up football through injury (Tore my Cruciate ligament twice) I can sympathise with Ashton.Money doesn''t enter into it, I would dearly love to have a 5 a side kickabout with the lads. I am in my early forties, but to have this happen to you in your twenties must be shit.[/quote]

I felt sorry for you already.....now I''m in tears.

Poor poor Morty....... [:''(][:''(][:''(]

[/quote]Lol, my diagnosis in the other thread just keeps proving itself correct.

I have to say as much as its a shame. I do feel that someone who has to retire from the army with missing limbs is slighly worse off. Ashton probably has millions in compensation. The army guys probably have to live on £60 a week from the government in a modified bungalow.Some of the guys in the army have dreams of better things too.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]I bet Ashton''s Uncle is devastated as much as Ashton.....His Uncle, is his agent.[/quote]That''s two people out of a job then...

[quote user="AJ"][quote user="Mello Yello"]I bet Ashton''s Uncle is devastated as much as Ashton.....His Uncle, is his agent.[/quote]That''s two people out of a job then...[/quote]

Here we have confirmation that, AJ, is a mathematical genius - he suggests in his signature that we think like him and because of his undoubted talents I feel obliged..........now where''s that abacus?

[quote user="delboycanary"]I have to say as much as its a shame. I do feel that someone who has to retire from the army with missing limbs is slighly worse off. Ashton probably has millions in compensation. The army guys probably have to live on £60 a week from the government in a modified bungalow.Some of the guys in the army have dreams of better things too.[/quote]Sweet ####### jesus what is wrong with some of you guys on here?For the ones having a right go at me for daring to post a ####### opinion on a message board (Shyster you ####) and the others claiming that im saying Ashtons retirement is as bad as war heroes losing limbs and lives and we should put them all in the same category and mourn equally.IM JUST POSTING A HUMAN EMOTIONAL RESPONSE TO SOMETHING IVE SEEN/HEARD. OTHERWISE KNOWN AS AN OPINION ON A SUBJECT OR EVENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Ill retiterate my thoughts of this morning for the eternally moronic and spectacularly stupid.I felt a twang of sympathy when I heard that  Ashton broke down in tears upon hearing his career was over, and my thoughts then turned to the subsequent loss to England and their potential chances of World Cup success.If none if you agree with me that Ashton had the potential to be an England great, THEN JUST SAY ''''I TAKE ON BOARD YOUR VIEW BARCLAYMAN, BUT I RESPECTFULLY DISAGREE, ASHTON WAS GOOD BUT NOT GREAT''''. And if you have no sympathy whatsoever then fine, thats your right and opinion, BUT DONT ####### DISPUTE MY RIGHT TO VOICE AN OPINON, JUST ####### AGREE OR DISAGREE AND #### OFF!!!!!!!!Read this quick as no doubt the mods will delete it as one isnt allowed fight ones corner on this forum when the bull#### starts, one has to just sit back and take it or one get his post deleted.

[quote user="Barclayman"][quote user="delboycanary"]I have to say as much as its a shame. I do feel that someone who has to retire from the army with missing limbs is slighly worse off. Ashton probably has millions in compensation. The army guys probably have to live on £60 a week from the government in a modified bungalow.Some of the guys in the army have dreams of better things too.[/quote]

Sweet ####### jesus what is wrong with some of you guys on here?

For the ones having a right go at me for daring to post a ####### opinion on a message board (Shyster you ####) and the others claiming that im saying Ashtons retirement is as bad as war heroes losing limbs and lives and we should put them all in the same category and mourn equally.

IM JUST POSTING A HUMAN EMOTIONAL RESPONSE TO SOMETHING IVE SEEN/HEARD. OTHERWISE KNOWN AS AN OPINION ON A SUBJECT OR EVENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ill retiterate my thoughts of this morning for the eternally moronic and spectacularly stupid.

I felt a twang of sympathy when I heard that  Ashton broke down in tears upon hearing his career was over, and my thoughts then turned to the subsequent loss to England and their potential chances of World Cup success.

If none if you agree with me that Ashton had the potential to be an England great, THEN JUST SAY ''''I TAKE ON BOARD YOUR VIEW BARCLAYMAN, BUT I RESPECTFULLY DISAGREE, ASHTON WAS GOOD BUT NOT GREAT''''.

And if you have no sympathy whatsoever then fine, thats your right and opinion, BUT DONT ####### DISPUTE MY RIGHT TO VOICE AN OPINON, JUST ####### AGREE OR DISAGREE AND #### OFF!!!!!!!!

Read this quick as no doubt the mods will delete it as one isnt allowed fight ones corner on this forum when the bull#### starts, one has to just sit back and take it or one get his post deleted.
[/quote]

Would you like the number for anger management?

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[quote user="Barclayman"][quote user="delboycanary"]I have to say as much as its a shame. I do feel that someone who has to retire from the army with missing limbs is slighly worse off. Ashton probably has millions in compensation. The army guys probably have to live on £60 a week from the government in a modified bungalow.Some of the guys in the army have dreams of better things too.[/quote]Sweet ####### jesus what is wrong with some of you guys on here?For the ones having a right go at me for daring to post a ####### opinion on a message board (Shyster you ####) and the others claiming that im saying Ashtons retirement is as bad as war heroes losing limbs and lives and we should put them all in the same category and mourn equally.IM JUST POSTING A HUMAN EMOTIONAL RESPONSE TO SOMETHING IVE SEEN/HEARD. OTHERWISE KNOWN AS AN OPINION ON A SUBJECT OR EVENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Ill retiterate my thoughts of this morning for the eternally moronic and spectacularly stupid.I felt a twang of sympathy when I heard that  Ashton broke down in tears upon hearing his career was over, and my thoughts then turned to the subsequent loss to England and their potential chances of World Cup success.If none if you agree with me that Ashton had the potential to be an England great, THEN JUST SAY ''''I TAKE ON BOARD YOUR VIEW BARCLAYMAN, BUT I RESPECTFULLY DISAGREE, ASHTON WAS GOOD BUT NOT GREAT''''. And if you have no sympathy whatsoever then fine, thats your right and opinion, BUT DONT ####### DISPUTE MY RIGHT TO VOICE AN OPINON, JUST ####### AGREE OR DISAGREE AND #### OFF!!!!!!!!Read this quick as no doubt the mods will delete it as one isnt allowed fight ones corner on this forum when the bull#### starts, one has to just sit back and take it or one get his post deleted.[/quote]

[/quote]no im good now Mello, the above diatribe helped immensely.

[quote user="Barclayman"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[quote user="Barclayman"][quote user="delboycanary"]I have to say as much as its a shame. I do feel that someone who has to retire from the army with missing limbs is slighly worse off. Ashton probably has millions in compensation. The army guys probably have to live on £60 a week from the government in a modified bungalow.Some of the guys in the army have dreams of better things too.[/quote]Sweet ####### jesus what is wrong with some of you guys on here?For the ones having a right go at me for daring to post a ####### opinion on a message board (Shyster you ####) and the others claiming that im saying Ashtons retirement is as bad as war heroes losing limbs and lives and we should put them all in the same category and mourn equally.IM JUST POSTING A HUMAN EMOTIONAL RESPONSE TO SOMETHING IVE SEEN/HEARD. OTHERWISE KNOWN AS AN OPINION ON A SUBJECT OR EVENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Ill retiterate my thoughts of this morning for the eternally moronic and spectacularly stupid.I felt a twang of sympathy when I heard that  Ashton broke down in tears upon hearing his career was over, and my thoughts then turned to the subsequent loss to England and their potential chances of World Cup success.If none if you agree with me that Ashton had the potential to be an England great, THEN JUST SAY ''''I TAKE ON BOARD YOUR VIEW BARCLAYMAN, BUT I RESPECTFULLY DISAGREE, ASHTON WAS GOOD BUT NOT GREAT''''. And if you have no sympathy whatsoever then fine, thats your right and opinion, BUT DONT ####### DISPUTE MY RIGHT TO VOICE AN OPINON, JUST ####### AGREE OR DISAGREE AND #### OFF!!!!!!!!Read this quick as no doubt the mods will delete it as one isnt allowed fight ones corner on this forum when the bull#### starts, one has to just sit back and take it or one get his post deleted.[/quote]

[/quote]no im good now Mello, the above diatribe helped immensely. [/quote]

Plus you just wanted to bump your needless thread back to the top.  [:P]

[quote user="Shyster"][quote]Would you like the number for anger management?[/quote]

HA! You just pipped me to it, Mello.[/quote]trying to befriend Mello are we Shyster, im willing to bet he thinks your a c### as well.

[quote user="Barclayman"][quote user="Shyster"][quote]Would you like the number for anger management?[/quote]

HA! You just pipped me to it, Mello.
[/quote]

trying to befriend Mello are we Shyster, im willing to bet he thinks your a c### as well.
[/quote]

No, I think Shyster''s ok....In fact I lurve everyone on here....

BigKiss.jpg image by Dlong137

[quote user="Barclayman"][quote user="Shyster"][quote]Would you like the number for anger management?[/quote]

HA! You just pipped me to it, Mello.[/quote]trying to befriend Mello are we Shyster, im willing to bet he thinks your a c### as well.[/quote]

I don''t care what Mello or anybody else thinks of me - I enjoy his contribution and that wouldn''t change if he thought me a c*nt or not.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Shyster"][quote user="Wings of a sparrow"]

Poor Dean Ashton is right...

I still can''t believe the slating you guys are giving him.

[/quote]

Faggot.[/quote]

you really are obsessed with that word Shyster aren''t you? is there something you are trying to tell us? unsure of anything at all? takes one to know one they say...

[/quote]it''s a forum tourettes syndrome he has - it''s either faggots or nonces he goes on about, I''m sure it''s linked to his medication or it''s a repressional freudian thing....................or maybe it''s the Bowie idolatory. Who knows? Who cares?

[quote user="Shyster"][quote user="Barclayman"][quote user="Shyster"][quote]Would you like the number for anger management?[/quote]

HA! You just pipped me to it, Mello.[/quote]trying to befriend Mello are we Shyster, im willing to bet he thinks your a c### as well.[/quote]

I don''t care what Mello or anybody else thinks of me - I enjoy his contribution and that wouldn''t change if he thought me a c*nt or not.[/quote]I guessed that by your pathetic contribution to this post to begin with.

[quote user="Barclayman"][quote user="Shyster"][quote user="Barclayman"][quote user="Shyster"][quote]Would you like the number for anger management?[/quote]

I don''t care what Mello or anybody else thinks of me - I enjoy his contribution and that wouldn''t change if he thought me a c*nt or not.[/quote]I guessed that by your pathetic contribution to this post to begin with.[/quote]

Would that be the "pathetic contribution" I initially made within this thread that most people went on to agree with?F*cking idiot.

[quote user="Scottlarock"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Shyster"][quote user="Wings of a sparrow"]

Poor Dean Ashton is right...

I still can''t believe the slating you guys are giving him.

[/quote]

Faggot.[/quote]

you really are obsessed with that word Shyster aren''t you? is there something you are trying to tell us? unsure of anything at all? takes one to know one they say...

[/quote]it''s a forum tourettes syndrome he has - it''s either faggots or nonces he goes on about, I''m sure it''s linked to his medication or it''s a repressional freudian thing....................or maybe it''s the Bowie idolatory. Who knows? Who cares?

[/quote]

Well, you for one, otherwise you wouldn''t comment.