Sign in to follow this  
Yeovil Fan

Adam Drury - Hang Your Head In SHAME

[quote user="Yeovil Fan"][quote user="hogesar"][quote user="Yeovil Fan"][quote user="The Lord"]Whilst I agree Adam Drury is not a dirty player I have to agree with the yeovil fan and disagree with most of the away fans around me, it really was a shocking challenge and he was extremely lucky not to be sent off, if it was at carrow road and the tackle ON drury he would have got sent off without questions...As it''s drury I doubt he meant it, but it was a 50/50 challenge which he came storming in with both legs raised, the yeovil bench went nuts and ironically had it been at a bigger stadium with more fans on his back the ref would have sent him off no question[/quote]

Finally, someone who speaks sense.[/quote]Yeah, but youre still a complete tw@t.[/quote]

Why thank you. Your Mother must be very proud. :-)[/quote]Well she''s not too dissapointed.We have the odd argument but it''s to be expected really. I mean, she''s glad im a Norwich fan....not a fan of some incredibly poor tin pot outfit. [8-)]. You played well today, but come off it, if Gunn can inspire a 4-0 win against you, you really do stand no chance.Anyway, that appears irrelevant. Let''s be honest, what did you expect? Coming onto a Norwich forum and calling one of our long-serving players Dirty, insulting our team and then our fans? Ask any other team, they''d disagree with you.

Yeovil fan - not seen it yet and will have to see if its on the BBC show tonight.  If the tackle is as bad as you indicate then Drury is the sort of player that WOULD hang his head in shame.  You wont see many pro footballers that are more genuine - and I would also suggest that just about every pro footballer has at least one rush of blood in their careers

With regards to the arrogance of Norwich fans - I would argue what set of fans ARENT arrogant.  Bear in mind that we''ve had 3 or 4 seasons of watching drivel and lots of defeats - and we''re now winning again.  Are we any more arrogant than Leeds, Charlton, Colchester, Swindon, Huddersfied - perhaps, perhaps not.  Im sure Yeovil fans have had arrogant moments in their history.

As for crowds - yes, Leeds have a larger average than us - but didnt until a week ago (before their local derby v Huddersfield).  Plus their ground holds 35000 ish - and ours holds 25000.  We regularly fill 96% of our ground for EVERY home game regardless of opposition and regardless of whether its a Saturday or midweek.  One question - how full does your ground get?  I''m not trying to take the wet - but just putting things into perspective

[quote user="Yeovil Fan"]http://itv.stats.football365.com/dom/ENG/D2/attend.html Leeds clearly avergae more than you. Oh dear.[/quote]

Look at your stats though, third bottom of that table and you fill under half your tiny ground each week!!! Hahahahahahaha!!!!!! Oh dear![:D]

[quote user="Barclay hero"]

Yeovil fan - not seen it yet and will have to see if its on the BBC show tonight.  If the tackle is as bad as you indicate then Drury is the sort of player that WOULD hang his head in shame.  You wont see many pro footballers that are more genuine - and I would also suggest that just about every pro footballer has at least one rush of blood in their careers

With regards to the arrogance of Norwich fans - I would argue what set of fans ARENT arrogant.  Bear in mind that we''ve had 3 or 4 seasons of watching drivel and lots of defeats - and we''re now winning again.  Are we any more arrogant than Leeds, Charlton, Colchester, Swindon, Huddersfied - perhaps, perhaps not.  Im sure Yeovil fans have had arrogant moments in their history.

As for crowds - yes, Leeds have a larger average than us - but didnt until a week ago (before their local derby v Huddersfield).  Plus their ground holds 35000 ish - and ours holds 25000.  We regularly fill 96% of our ground for EVERY home game regardless of opposition and regardless of whether its a Saturday or midweek.  One question - how full does your ground get?  I''m not trying to take the wet - but just putting things into perspective

[/quote]

Not more arrogant than Leeds fans, I will give you that.

[quote user="Yeovil Fan"]yeah, no big teams in L1 anymore now Forest and Leicester went up.[/quote] that must make Yeovil a pub team ?

[quote user="Yeovil Fan"]Not here to discuss the game in general - a point is probably fair for both sides - but Adam Drury is an absolute disgrace. Two fotted, deliberate studs showing leg breaking tackle. make no mistake about it, he meant it and he meant to do damage. Hang your head in shame.[/quote]

Haven''t seen the tackle yet so can''t comment but it would be out of character for Drury who doesn''t have a nasty bone in his body.

[quote user="Camuldonum"]Either way both of you threw away a lead..........................[/quote]And right on time up pops the Norwich City obsessed Cuckoo utd fan.

[quote user="Camuldonum"]Either way both of you threw away a lead..........................[/quote]

Why are you so obsessed with this Norwich City message board Cam?

Cos Colechister Village dont have enough fans to fill a stand much less an internet forum.Must be boring posting with the same 10 people all week :(

That tackle was so shocking The football league show didn''t even give a s**t about it.... A yeovil fan thinks his team are in the premiership, then he realizes he''s playing fifa.

[quote user="Camuldonum"]Either way both of you threw away a lead..........................[/quote]

Either way you''re still below us

But the collar''s still around our neck....

[quote user="Yeovil Fan"][quote user="Barclay hero"]

[/quote]

Not more arrogant than Leeds fans, I will give you that.[/quote]The problem I have is that you have come to a popular forum for Norwich fans, declared that their longest serving player is a thug and then gone on to insult our level of support and accused our fans of being ''arrogant''.I don''t know about tin pot club but pot calling kettle?I think it is rather arrogant of you to come on here and to post in such a way as to start an argument. It''s deliberate and that''s what is a shame because if you had asked whether people felt it was malicious or just plain clumsey then you would have started a half decent conversation.I watched the BBC highlights and they didn''t deem it as being worth showing - if it was that contraversial they would have done I am pretty sure.What must be gutting for you is that up until that point Yeovil had had more than their share of the posession and had created chances and scored goals. That actually appeared to be the turning point when Norwich started to display some of the ability that has lead to their good form recently. It was a bad day at the office admittedly and in all fairness I think Norwich were lucky to get a draw. But one old addage says that if you can play poorly and still not loose you have a half decent team about you.As for Drury - he has been our captain and as others have said has never recieved a red card in all of the time he has played at Norwich. He has also spent the best part of the previous two seasons out injured. He is not a malicious character and I would believe that if he went in badly it would have been by accident and not a deliberate action in the attempt to cause GBH - which it sounds like what you are accusing him of.As for Yeovil, they sound like a side willing to take it to the opposition, the only thing I would be concerned about is that it seems to be quite a young side with quite a few loanees. Norwich have been there and done that - its great until the summer and then the reality steps in and the players go back to their parent clubs or move to other clubs after having a spell in the ''shop'' window.The reson the game was so good in some ways is that neither team pulled more than a goal away above the other meaning that it was always tense. Yeovil would have done better continuing their first half performance if you ask me, rather  than opening it up and trying to bomb for more goals.

[quote user="Yeovil Fan"]Not here to discuss the game in general - a point is probably fair for both sides - but Adam Drury is an absolute disgrace.

Two fotted, deliberate studs showing leg breaking tackle. make no mistake about it, he meant it and he meant to do damage.

Hang your head in shame.[/quote]That''s not the Adam Drury I''ve seen play for Norwich for the last few years - he''s a committed defender, yes, but he''s honest and professional.  It may well have been a poor tackle but I really doubt he meant it.  The BBC didn''t show it on the highlights so I have no idea how bad it was.  I can only defend Drury''s honesty.I hope your player wasn''t injured and if he was that it wasn''t too bad. 

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]Adam Drury is the footballing equivalent of a pansy. Breathe on him and he go flying. doubt he meant it.[/quote]Really? I think he''s the best tackler in the team, and probably one of the best overall defenders we''ve had in the last 10 years or so.

Why Should Drury Hang His Head In Shame? When In My Opinion He Has Been Our Best Defender This Season! His Performances Week In Week Out Need To Be Credited! He Has Been Consistant And Very Solid, Not To Forget The Many Excellent Crosses He Has Put In!

Sometimes I Think Us Fans Should Focus More On Highlighting The Positives About Our Players And Crediting Them, Not Picking At Their Mistakes!