Sign in to follow this  
G

Why have we got MacNamee?

Thought we got him so that when things wern''t going are way we could go 4-4-2 and play wide, where the spaces seemed to be today? We have Huddersfield and Millwall next and they are both teams that stand a chance of beating us. We will have to be at are best and it worries me because we haven''t been lately. Don''t want to sound miserable but December will turn out to be the season changer.

Canary call is just ridiculous what was Ray on about?

How have we been "poor recently" we got a well earnt point away to S''oton, beat Brighton 4-1, won 2-0 at home and despite being by far the worse side today still came away with an away point. Then we lost a meaningless Cup game.

We''re fine at the moment. Lambert''s right not to thrown MacNamee straight into the side IMO, we''re unbeaten since October in the league.

We haven''t been are best. The sides we beat are extremely poor. We will see in the next couple of weeks.

MacNamee was blatently signed because Lambert plans to sign MacNayouu in January and he thought it would be funny to have MacNamme and You on the wings ?

[quote user="AVFC-NCFC"]We haven''t been are best. The sides we beat are extremely poor. We will see in the next couple of weeks.[/quote]

Maybe not, yet we''re still winning at home and drawing away, Yeovil arn''t easy to beat at home and neither are Southampton and i''m happy with a point from both. Also forgot the 3-0 win away to Southend, we wern''t brilliant but still won by 3 goals.

Can''t see what reasons we have to complain in all honesty.

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]Jesus, a win at home and a point away equals promotion.[/quote]Not when you''ve got significant ground to make up but i''m not too downbeat about todays result, it just means we can''t afford to draw/lose many more games.

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"][quote user="Canaries in Bed"]Jesus, a win at home and a point away equals promotion.[/quote]
Not when you''ve got significant ground to make up but i''m not too downbeat about todays result, it just means we can''t afford to draw/lose many more games.
[/quote]

You telling me that if we won all our home games and drew our away games until the end of the season, we wouldn''t get promoted? Mmm, I suspect we would...

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"][quote user="Canaries in Bed"]Jesus, a win at home and a point away equals promotion.[/quote]
Not when you''ve got significant ground to make up but i''m not too downbeat about todays result, it just means we can''t afford to draw/lose many more games.
[/quote]

You telling me that if we won all our home games and drew our away games until the end of the season, we wouldn''t get promoted? Mmm, I suspect we would...

[/quote]

When we won promotion we won a lot of matches by 1-0

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Canaries in Bed"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Exactly mate, and strangely, some said the teams we beat then were poor too!

[quote user="AVFC-NCFC"]We haven''t been are best. The sides we beat are extremely poor. We will see in the next couple of weeks.[/quote]I thought you were predicting a loss today? If so, I thought you would be delighted with the unexpected point. We''ve not been at our most coherent I agree, but I highly doubt that Leeds and Charlton have performed as well as we have over the last dozen or so games all season. 8 points is not all that much at this stage, especially when you factor in the games we have to play against the top two. We''re never going to be fantastic in every single match, but if we can carry on picking up 2.4 points per game on average (like we have for the last 1/4 of the season) then I think we would be well on the way!

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"][quote user="Canaries in Bed"]Jesus, a win at home and a point away equals promotion.[/quote]Not when you''ve got significant ground to make up but i''m not too downbeat about todays result, it just means we can''t afford to draw/lose many more games.[/quote]

[/quote]I suspect we wouldn''t although it could be tight, Charlton are going at better than 2pts a game, 2.14 to be exact over 21 games. If we were to win all of our remaining home games and draw all of our remaining away games we''d finish on 90pts. For Charlton to finish on less than 90pts we''d need them to drop from 2.14pts a game to below 1.8pts a game, possible but unlikely in my eyes.

MacNamee seemed pretty good when he was at Swindon. He said he came to Norwich because of the good atmosphere and he wanted to play infront of large crowds. As we have two home games coming up which are both stadium sell outs, I think he should start and we should swap the diamond for a bit as too many teams have got it sussed out. Also the normal diamond team have recently been slipping so I think Lambert should bring in some different players I think Hughes and Cody should start.

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"][quote user="Canaries in Bed"]

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"][quote user="Canaries in Bed"]Jesus, a win at home and a point away equals promotion.[/quote]Not when you''ve got significant ground to make up but i''m not too downbeat about todays result, it just means we can''t afford to draw/lose many more games.[/quote]

[/quote]I suspect we wouldn''t although it could be tight, Charlton are going at better than 2pts a game, 2.14 to be exact over 21 games. If we were to win all of our remaining home games and draw all of our remaining away games we''d finish on 90pts. For Charlton to finish on less than 90pts we''d need them to drop from 2.14pts a game to below 1.8pts a game, possible but unlikely in my eyes.[/quote]Agree it would be very tough, but I think we''re capable of winning at least 3/4 of our away games and drawing the majority. It''s difficult to imagine many teams taking points off us at home either. Massively difficult task, but if we could aim for between 95 and 98pts I would be very surprised if we didn''t finish second.That''s between 2.24 and 2.36 points per game, which roughly equates to 17/18 wins with a few draws, and a couple of losses. This is something that we have shown we''re capable of, but for 25 games? HUGE ask, but that''s got to be the points target for me, as I can see Charlton and Leeds both getting 90pts+. I think that as you say, realistically we are going to need Charlton or Leeds to lose another half a dozen games each this season. Is this feasible given their form? I''m not so sure!

[quote user="I.S."][quote user="AVFC-NCFC"]We haven''t been are best. The sides we beat are extremely poor. We will see in the next couple of weeks.[/quote]

I thought you were predicting a loss today? If so, I thought you would be delighted with the unexpected point. We''ve not been at our most coherent I agree, but I highly doubt that Leeds and Charlton have performed as well as we have over the last dozen or so games all season. 8 points is not all that much at this stage, especially when you factor in the games we have to play against the top two. We''re never going to be fantastic in every single match, but if we can carry on picking up 2.4 points per game on average (like we have for the last 1/4 of the season) then I think we would be well on the way!
[/quote] 

No i thought we lose to Huddersfield which is why i am dissappointed with a draw today because we might end up dropping alot of points in the next two games. And struggling to draw against Yeovil isn''t good enough. I don''t want to be one of the ones that moans when i can but today things were not going are way the space was out wide and we have a winger on the bench that we have signed on loan to give us other options and nobody knows how good he really is. Thought today was a really good chance to see what he has got and we didn''t use him. Anyone who thinks we should be beating these teams we are at home should think again.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Canaries in Bed"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Your point?

Lambert has made a lot recently of fitness and how their regime has installed a greater discipline in training. Could it be that he thinks McNamee is not up to our standard of fitness yet. Sounds a perfectly good reason.

He''s a fan of the player and I''m sure he''ll get his chance.

[quote user="AVFC-NCFC"]

No i thought we lose to Huddersfield which is why i am dissappointed with a draw today because we might end up dropping alot of points in the next two games. And struggling to draw against Yeovil isn''t good enough. I don''t want to be one of the ones that moans when i can but today things were not going are way the space was out wide and we have a winger on the bench that we have signed on loan to give us other options and nobody knows how good he really is. Thought today was a really good chance to see what he has got and we didn''t use him. Anyone who thinks we should be beating these teams we are at home should think again.

[/quote]We could lose to Huddersfield. But then again they''ve been pretty poor away from home W2 D2 L6.