Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for FONCY with the Pink un Pickers.

Greetings PUPs and welcome to week nineteen of the free bet season. This week it’s our good friend Hughesy in charge and making the final selections. Now Hughesy’s been an “ever present” for us this season where he took the free bet by storm in correctly selecting a winning nap in each of the first 11 weeks. Still up there on 83% Hughesy‘s staying the course and looks a real threat to the other top PUPs at the head of our league. However he will still need all our help if he is to be successful in raising more funds for FONCY. So it’s up to all us PUPs to give him our very best nap to help our beloved club. Last week was probably the best we have ever done with 51 from 58 picks succesful and Graham was just so so unlucky to miss out. But I still think we can do even better. I can see the day coming where every nap selected comes in!

Just a reminder that the  PUPs Christmas "Get Together"[B] is at Bayer Social Club on the evening of Tuesday 29th December. I hope as many of you as possible can make it. Billy and Angie will be there and I have invited Ray’s family too.

Another thing to remember is that the dates for the Christmas selections are Saturday 26th / Sun 27th when I will open the thread a day early and Fellas will be making the final selections on Christmas Eve Morning.

And why not treat yourselves to a “From Youth Team to First Team 2009” FONCY Mug for Christmas. These were made to commemorate the seven academy players who have broken into the first team squad this season. I know all you on the Free Bet Thread are proud of this and I think every PUP should have one.[Y]

Christmas Stocking Fillers from FONCY

So I’ll hand the free bet over to Hughesy now. There’s no pressure, because we are all going to be doing our best to help you get your name in the Free Bet Hall of fame. We all stand together with the single aim of raising money for our great clubs academy. No blame and no shame on the free bet pages.

Good luck all you PUPs... take it away Hughesy... the free bet is yours.......................

I leave you with Ray''s signature which now reads: -
Carve their names with pride.Yankee,3,Fellas,3,P''boro,Mr Chops,NewYork, Inch High, Blahblahblah, NCFC_Shaun, 1st Wazzock, Fonejacker, Norfolkbroadslim, yes Norfolkchance1 £755 for the Academy,so far.

Good evening All and good luck to Hughsey 

Now the previous few weeks I have gone for the usual draw but they have not been any good (Brentford beat Walsall 1-0, and Nottingham forest stuffed Leicester 5-1) but this week I think have found a match which I think is certain for a draw.

Ill give you a few clues about the match that I think will be a draw

1.       It will be played in England and is between 2 English teams

2.       It is a game in the premiership and kicks off at 3pm

3.       And the away teams manager is recovering from an operation.

So (tonight Mathew) I’m going to pick Hull City Vs Blackburn Rovers, Draw!

Good luck to Hughsey

P.S. I think I have had too much time on my hands to pick today [;)]

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

So (tonight Mathew) I’m going to pick Hull City Vs Blackburn Rovers, Draw!

[/quote]

And Hughesy''s phone line is open but will your performance merit a place in his final six....

[;)]

Good Luck Hughesy!

Y''know everytime I see the name Hughes I wonder where his biggest fan has gone. I always enjoyed Beakers posts and most of all he was a great PUP [&] too.

My nap for this week is RHYL v Welshpool Town - HOME WIN

Leedscanary

Has to be Olympiakos over Panthrakikos this week.Olympiakos are top of the league with 10 wins, 3 draws and 0 defeats. Panthrakikos are bottom of the league with 0 wins, 2 draws and 11 defeats.Last season Olympiakos won both fixtures 2-0 and I dont see why they shouldnt put at least two past them this time around.Best of luck Hughesy, lots of nice looking matches this week so I smell a win [Y]

Hi Everyone!

I''d like to start by saying thanks to Nutty for selecting me and giving me the honour on being this weeks picker. I''ve really been looking forward to this since the roster was announced but now I''m a little nervous. I''ve had my birthday this week and I''m hoping that this will make it a double celebration.

I''ll be back later with my nap.

Some good picks already, so keep them coming. I will be posting the final selections sometime friday afternoon.

By the way Hughesy is a she not a he.

Lastly Nutty''s suggestion about the FONCY mug is a good one. I got one a couple of weeks ago. There really nice and will make for a great piece of memorabilia in years to come!

Though derbies are always dodgy, I still fancy Barcelona to beat their city rivals.

Barcelona v Espanyol  HOME win.

All the best Hughesy and everyone else!

So pleased I''ve finally got involved in this - wish id been in from the start of the season now :)        For my pick this week, as tempted as I was to go for Norwich I''m wandering into League 2 and napping my second team -               the mighty Rochdale to continue their march to the title (or something like that)  away to struggling Lincoln                       Lincoln Vs Rochdale  - Away win     Best of luck Hughesy - heres hoping for a city win and another PUP triumph as well

I have been tempted by a few this week, including Spurs, Chelsea, Olympiakos & Norwich and while I believe all of these teams will be victorious, my nap this week is -

Barcelona vs. Espanyol - Barcelona to win. 

Good luck everyone one, best of luck Mrs Hughesy[:)][Y]

Good evening Nutty and good luck to you Hughesy.I am off to Greece this week for Sunday''s game between Olympiakos and Panthrakikos.Hopefully a home win for Olympiakos will make it 18 out of 19 for me this season.

As we are getting near Xmas I''m off to Turkey this week!!

FENERBAHCE   -   v   -   Ankaragucu            HOME WIN

Best of Luck Hughesy and all you lovely PUPs[:D][Y]

[quote user="Diesel Doris"]

As we are getting near Xmas I''m off to Turkey this week!!

FENERBAHCE   -   v   -   Ankaragucu            HOME WIN

Best of Luck Hughesy and all you lovely PUPs[:D][Y]

[/quote]

Mother if you are still online message me back - I''ve tried but you''re ''Idle''??

Or call me!!  [H]

Sorry for going slight OT earlier, but Mother needs a nudge every so often - its her age!!  [:P]

My pick this week takes me to League Two, where I think the mighty Rochdale will be too much for Lincoln [sorry Chris Sutton!!]

Lincoln City -v- ROCHDALE    AWAY WIN

Good Luck Hughesy and all our wonderful PUPs [*]

P.S.  Nutty a mug sounds great and I''ll take that and lots of points over the festive period please!!  [;)][H]

[quote user="MrFruit"]Will any of the FONCY boys be invited?[/quote]

Hello Mr Fruit..

I sent an email to John Landamore earlier today inviting him and of course that invitation extends to any of the FONCY boys who would like to come.[Y]

This week for your perusal I give you this offering from the Premier League...

Sunderland v Portsmouth - Home Win

Good luck to all PUPs, and especially to you Ms Hughesy.

Hi again everyone.

Lots of good picks so far, I''ve certainly got plenty to think about.

My own nap this week is

Tottenham to beat Wolves.