Sign in to follow this  
Pottsy

Mulryne and Mcveigh

I believe the game yesterday and others this season have highlighted the harsh but true fact that my heroes o days gone by Mulryne and Mcveigh are NOT good enough to play in the Prem. Mcveigh isn''t half the player he was a couple of years ago and apart from the top strike at Old Trafford ssems to weak to play in the Prem and now to my main point.......

I am totally fed up, to put it nicely of people saying ''put Mulryne in the team.'' Unfortunately in the modern game a top midfield player has to be mobile (which is why the scouts I know are told to look for athletes first, top footballers second!) If you watch Mulryne play just watch how many times he is beaten by his opposition midfield player. When he came on at Charlton, everyone said how much better it was with him in the team as he can pass but didn''t mention that the Charlton midfield got a free run at our defence each time.

Watch the goal yesterday by Michael Brown as he runs away from Mulryne with ease. Some people would say ''well hes not a defensive midfield player'', well show me a clip of the last time he created a goal. Everyone says ''put Mulryne on he''ll create something'' but he doesn''t as he can''t go forward as he''ll never get back. So maybe hes a defensive midfielder I ask myself? Well he can''t tackle and gets pushed of the ball and can''t run but its ok to everyone cos he can pass the ball sideways! I think its time for him to go back the championship and I would like us to sign a proper defensive midfielder who can tackle, pass and is mobile to play in midfield with Francis. Rant over.

I think you are spot on McVeigh and Mulryne did not seem interested yesterday and contributed very little. At the start of the season I did not understand why we signed Charlton but as the season has progressed he has shown his experience at this level has proved invaluable. I feel that we need more players with that experience if we are to survive.

i hate you!!! lol

Im a big fan of mcveigh

Mcveigh did alright and Mulryne, well both were below usual standard..... I do agree Mcviegh hasnt been to his best and Mulryne has come back from injury to play.......

Wait till Zippersleftfoot reads this!

Got to be honest, I never been a fan of Mulryne. He''s lived off the '' I used to play for Manure '' for far too long. When his last contract expired back in 2002 he refused to sign a new one, when he realised nobody wanted to take him, even on a Bosman!!!! he soon put pen to paper. Last year when we ran away with the title he only played a bit-part in terms of appearances, the highlight being his '' stunning '' goal against Reading (thanks ref!!) This time around he''s well down the pecking order but doesn''t seem to be busting a gut to get a regular start and why should he? He''s on good pay and doesn''t seem to do anything for it. Worthy always talks about workrate or fitness levels but Mulryne has niether in his locker, expect him to be ''surplus'' when his contract expires.

Spot on Pottsy, although I blame Worthy to a certain extent for Mulryne, because he was clearly unfit.  When you get a chance to make the first team you should play as though you want to send a message to the boss that you should be playing every game.  Unfortunately yesterday I didn''t get that message from either McVeigh or Mulryne. 

With all the facilities and fitness staff we have at the club there is no excuse for players not to maintain a high level of fitness at all times, unless of course they are burning the candle at both ends.

Spot on Pottsy, the onus is on McVeigh and Mulryne to show the manager that they should be playing every week, they didn''t look like they were saying that against Spurs.

I always suspected that Mulryne and McVeigh wouldn''t cut it in the Prem as they seemed to enjoy being big fish in a little pond. I think they are proven quality Div 1 players but they lack the motivation to step up a level.

I agree that both players didn''t perform against Spurs, but i have seen enough evidence of Mcveigh''s potential that convinces me that he can produce at this level. Against Bolton when he came on as sub, he played very well.

Mulryne needs to up the stakes some what, Mcveigh just needs a run in the side.

Mcveigh needs to play as a forward as he did when he first joined us,

Mulryne is too lazy to make use of his obvious skills, drops out of the game too often.