Sign in to follow this  
Dibs

January Clearout

Thinking which players I would release in January.

1. Michael Theoklitos

2. Jon Otsemobor

3. Paul McVeigh

4. Jamie Cureton

5. Gary Doherty only if he can be replaced. (still worries me when he holds)

Cureton, Doc, Russell and Semi are probably all on hefty wages.  If we need to cut our regular outgoings, and I''m sure we do, then they could be looked at.Problem is, Doc and Russell are contributing well at the moment and are part of a successful team, and Cureton appears to be unwanted by anyone and is out of contract in the summer so clubs will probably play a waiting game and get him for free in June.

[quote user="Dibs"]Thinking which players I would release in January.

1. Michael Theoklitos

2. Jon Otsemobor

3. Paul McVeigh

4. Jamie Cureton

5. Gary Doherty only if he can be replaced. (still worries me when he holds)[/quote]

Problem is you can''t just release players can you. To elease them you have to pay up thier full contractor come to an agrment with them to tae less.

Can''t agree with reeasing the Doc. One of our best players at moment, especially alongside Askou. Semi as well is needed as backup.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Cureton, Doc, Russell and Semi are probably all on hefty wages.  If we need to cut our regular outgoings, and I''m sure we do, then they could be looked at.

Problem is, Doc and Russell are contributing well at the moment and are part of a successful team, and Cureton appears to be unwanted by anyone and is out of contract in the summer so clubs will probably play a waiting game and get him for free in June.

[/quote]

Yes agree there Doc and Russell are doing a job at the moment, he will wait till the summer before deciding on them two but the others they could be off loaded tomorrow  

Thinking which players I would release in January.

1. Michael Theoklitos

2. Jon Otsemobor

3. Paul McVeigh

4. Jamie Cureton

5. Gary Doherty only if he can be replaced. (still worries me when he holds)

1. Theoklitos (Yes)

2. Jon otsemobor (No)

3. Paul McVeigh (Maybe)

4. Jamie Cureton (Yes)

5. Gary Doherty (No Way)

1. Theoklitos has to go. We have Forster until the end of the season and Declan Rudd (when he returns which should be a few weeks now) is a more than capable backup with Steer backup to him in League 1. If we get promotion I think we will either need to hold onto Forster or get a first choice in as Rudd may not be ready for Championship level. This could go either way though for Rudd.

2. Otsemobor is still ahead of Spillane in the pecking order. While Spillane had a good start to the season he unfortunately got injured. When he is back to fitness Spillane won''t come waltzing back into the team. We''ve also now got Russell Martin in the team with a view to make permanent in January. Spillane still won''t be match ready by then so I think Otsemobor has to stay either as backup to Russell Martin or first choice, or given a chance to see what he can do on the right wing of a flat 4-4-2.

3. I was pleased as hell with McVeigh''s performances in pre-season and that he earned himself a contract. I always thought he was going to be a player that could come on when we needed to win a game and put in that one quality ball needed to get a goal. I still think he''s the best crosser of the ball we have and I think it''s a shame he hasn''t had playing time. However, we''re doing brilliantly and it''s quite clear he''s not part of Lambert''s plans so unfortunately he''s being wasted here.

4. Cureton has to go. We need another striker though if this happens. What am I talking about? He needs to be replaced full stop. People are worrying about our depth of strikeforce and with Cureton being in that order it looks even worse. I''m sorry to all the Cureton fans out there but he can''t change a game and we saw earlier in the season, he couldn''t affect it that much when he started. He doesn''t even make the runs to drag defenders away anymore.

5. Doherty has been a revelation this season considering last season and how he started this one. He still worries me with his "Hands on" attitude but if he''s still getting away with it then I guess we have to put up with it. It''s like Shearer leading with his elbows for his entire career. In my eyes (and I''m sure of many) Doherty has gone from being kicked out of the door to being first choice. I''m still not sure about how he would cope if we get promoted but until that happens and we see how he copes second time around after a season in League 1 I don''t want him to go anywhere.

Who did you see as a replacement though Dibs? We haven''t got any money and Doherty is well placed in a balanced team that is winning games. Is there anyone out there for next to nothing that we could bring into this club?

Theo -    yes!

Otsemobor - yes!

Cureton - Yes but only if we can get a younger quicker striker in!

Mcveigh - No cause we need a squad and he can do a job as a squad player!

The Doc - Ya having a laugh. One of our best players and together with Askou one of the best CB pairings in the 3rd Division!

Take your bulls*it "Docs crap" blinkers off!

otsemebors ahead of spillane in the pecking order?! no way. spillane was clearly preferred to semi by lambert, just unfortunate hes out injured at the moment. as soon as hes back fit he''ll jump right ahead of semi. let him go

I''m not convinced Lambert wants to go with either Otsemobor or Spillane. Which is where Russell Martin (or another player) could come into it.

I mean Spillane has played a season of football in League 2 and a handful of games in League 1. He had a couple of decent games at right back against sides that didn''t look like they were going to do much against us and that''s it. He''s returned a better player since his time at Luton but he''s still got a bit to go as yet and I''d be worried if he was seen as the first choice right back in a team aiming for promotion. But people don''t like Otsemobor and Spillane is from the youth setup so he''s always going to be looked on favourably by a lot of people.

Its nice that for once we dont need a clear out. Sure a few high earning fringe players off the wage bill would be good but no need to leave us short. Cureton I imagine is off as is Theo as Steer is prefered in goal. Keep Semi as I think we need Spillane as back up at CB. One of Gill or OTJ could leave too.

I put Doherty in the January pot because I prefered Nelson until Lambert finds another Askou. I don''t dislike the Doc as he gives 100% and aslong as its a high ball he''s great, but there''s better and cheaper on the wage bill out there.

[quote user="Dibs"]I put Doherty in the January pot because I prefered Nelson until Lambert finds another Askou. I don''t dislike the Doc as he gives 100% and aslong as its a high ball he''s great, but there''s better and cheaper on the wage bill out there.[/quote]

You preferred Nelson?[8-)]

If we had to get rid of say two high earners i''d go for Cureton and Russell. Russell is doing great but i think Lambert can mould any one of Hughes, Gill or OTJ into the holding role. It''s not a role that requires great skill - just a great engine, determination and a degree of fearlessness.

I''m more worried who we might sell. Aren''t Russell, Wes, The Doc out of contract at the end of the year. In a worst case we could lose :

Russell, The Doc, Wes, Drury and maybe even Holt

There seems to me to be a slight problem with all the clearout talk.  Which clubs are going to want to buy them?  And would they offer acceptable terms to the various players mentioned?  Because, if it is a poor deal, the player simply says no and sits tight, still being paid although possibly admittedly not playing beyond the Reserve team.

It isn''t always as easy to offload surplus players as some may imagine particularly if those players are on a very good salary, i.e., Jamie.

In an ideal world...

1. Michael Theoklitos
2. Jon Otsemobor
4. Matthew Gill
5. Michael Nelson
7. Owain Tudur Jones
10. Jamie Cureton
11. Simon Whaley
18. Paul McVeigh

Would all go and better replacements signed.

Realistically I can only see

1. Michael Theoklitos
4. Matthew Gill
10. Jamie Cureton
11. Simon Whaley

going

[quote user="Dibs"]I put Doherty in the January pot because I prefered Nelson until Lambert finds another Askou. I don''t dislike the Doc as he gives 100% and aslong as its a high ball he''s great, but there''s better and cheaper on the wage bill out there.[/quote]Thank god your not our manager!!!

Never should Doc go, all imo could get 1st team football elsewhere, why didnt we loan some out? We did it with Jamie last year.Oh and + Nelson to that.

Dibs, I''ve been an avid, yet passive reader of the pinkun message board now for years. However this evening I felt I cannot simply read and not comment. Are you totally insane?! You really think that the Doc should be sold in Jan?!! Who replaces him? He has been bloody brilliant this year! You Sir are a complete p*at

[quote user="a1canary"]If we had to get rid of say two high earners i''d go for Cureton and Russell. Russell is doing great but i think Lambert can mould any one of Hughes, Gill or OTJ into the holding role. It''s not a role that requires great skill - just a great engine, determination and a degree of fearlessness.[/quote]

Disagree. Gill just isn''t good enough for a club like this at this level and OTJ doesn''t work hard enough to play that role (well not on what we''ve seen from him so far).

Hughes would probably do a good job in there but he''s more of a ball player, he doesn''t have the same strength and drive that Russell has.

Whats Dibs mean? Haha at this point, I''m sure I look a right nonce, as its blatent to everyone else. [:P]

[quote user="Ulf Ottosson"]I''m more worried who we might sell. Aren''t Russell, Wes, The Doc out of contract at the end of the year. In a worst case we could lose :

Russell, The Doc, Wes, Drury and maybe even Holt[/quote]Wes has another year left, he signed on a three year deal I believe.

[quote user="Camuldonum"]So who are you going to offload these players to on terms acceptable to them?[:O]  Is there a queue?[:D][/quote]

What is it to you Cam? I personally am getting sick and tired of your snidey, arrogant and bitter posts on this NORWICH CITY message board. Why not stick to Col U and Lincoln boards?

[quote user="Attleborough_Canary"]

[quote user="Camuldonum"]So who are you going to offload these players to on terms acceptable to them?[:O]  Is there a queue?[:D][/quote]

What is it to you Cam? I personally am getting sick and tired of your snidey, arrogant and bitter posts on this NORWICH CITY message board. Why not stick to Col U and Lincoln boards?

[/quote]he has a point though, we are talking about getting rid of high earners that we dont play, there wont exactly be a huge que for them will there?

[quote user="king canary"][quote user="Attleborough_Canary"]

[/quote]
he has a point though, we are talking about getting rid of high earners that we dont play, there wont exactly be a huge que for them will there?
[/quote]

Depends on a lot of things really don''t you thing. Willingness of the players to drop there wage demands, lower league clubs wanting them where they can still do a job to name a few.