Sign in to follow this  
Boyo

Super Chris Martin.

It might sound strange to compare Chris Martin to Ian Poulter but that''s what I''m going to do, as they are very similar.  Now for those who don''t like golf, Poulter is a proffesional golfer who is very big headed, has a very weird fashion sense and dosn''t always play to a very high standard.  When people start slagging Ian Poulter off is when Ian Poulter is at his brilliant best.  He needs to be really driven to play well and having to prove himself as a world class player drives him more than anything.
This is where Martin comes in.  At the start of the season we were all expecting Chris Martin to shine, but that didn''t happen.  He then came back into the squad and quite a few people wrote him off and this fired him up and he played really well and started to score goals.  He then had a few games where he looked a bit lazy and not bothered and deserveably so, he started getting criticised again.  Then today he comes out agaisn''t a Southampton team on the up and plays really well again.  Im judging this by the radio and by the sounds of it he was involved in nearly every attack and sounded like a real threat to the Saints defence.  This really pleases me because it probably means that he will start to play well again and we can see the brilliant Chris Martin again, and when he''s on form he is as good as anyone at this level.  

No doubt that he had an excellent second half, but this in my mind, was probably due to the words of Lambert at half-time.