Sign in to follow this  
nu_matik

Possible points deduction..?

Was just wondering, after the bad news that we may get a points deduction after being reported by Colchester... Does anyone know what the maximum points deduction is?

I really hope we dont get anything deducted and maybe just a fine, as we could use the tv revenue we''ve made this year.

[quote user="nu_matik"]Was just wondering, after the bad news that we may get a points deduction after being reported by Colchester... Does anyone know what the maximum points deduction is? I really hope we dont get anything deducted and maybe just a fine, as we could use the tv revenue we''ve made this year.[/quote]

57....for bein'' norty...

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[quote user="nu_matik"]Was just wondering, after the bad news that we may get a points deduction after being reported by Colchester... Does anyone know what the maximum points deduction is? I really hope we dont get anything deducted and maybe just a fine, as we could use the tv revenue we''ve made this year.[/quote]

57....for bein'' norty...

[/quote]

Cheers!

I don''t know what the highest is, but think back to some of the cases from the past, I can''t, off the top of my head, think of any major amounts of settlements or orders.

will hopefully just be a fine then... i hope the board take into consideration the embarassing whooping they gave us...

I would imagine either 5 or 10 points deducted would be likely.Hopefully it won''t come to this.

The only points we''ll get deducted, will be the removal of the prongs off the forks in the club restaurants - and then we''ll just have to call them spoons....

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]If this shoud happen, Who''s for ripping down Cuckoo farm in January?[/quote]

This sounds good.  Go on with it, please.[:D]

[quote user="nu_matik"]Does anyone know what the maximum points deduction is?[/quote]No.The good news is that nor do the FA.The bad news is that''s because they just make this sh*t up as they go along (as they always have)Fingers crossed eh?

This is what its really about with Col Who? not cash but points!!

We''re 1 point off them now and they''re scared as hell..............the sad F***s.

[quote user="AJ"]I would imagine either 5 or 10 points deducted would be likely.Hopefully it won''t come to this.[/quote]On what basis would that be likely? There has never been a precedent set!I would imagine we will get a large fine a la this.

Well the little colly''s wanted a wedge of cash. 1m it was rumoured[:O]

When we didn''t pay up they started talking up a points deduction! What''s that all about??

If the two parties can''t agree a compensation sum then what else should happen but an independent body make a ruling?

And if we broke rules which will mean a points deduction why are the little collys negotiating compensation?

Does anybody, even any little collie, think we should have just paid up what they wanted?

hopefully a fine of around 150k will be covered by the extra tv revenue as i said. im sure we could handle a suspended points deduction, just have to behave until its spent.

exactly where would that elevate them in your list of "most hated"?

Obviously Ipswich are and will always be No.1. Personally I''ve always despised the way that the players ,fans and management of Manchester United have conducted themselves particularly during the Ferguson years.

I will never forgive or forget the incredible sense of injustice that surrounded our bans from Europe (which happened to coincide with the most succesful period in our history) due to the actions of the fans of Liverpool FC., ths is a hatred which has remained for me and one which I will take to my grave.

However, at no stage in our history would another club hve been responsible for deducting points.

Be careful Colchester , this may seem a good idea short term, but by doing this IMO an enemy will be made for as long as football is played, are you prepared for the "long game"?

For the record I don''t believe it will happen, when West Ham were found guilty of fielding the ineligible Tevez denying Sheff Utd a place in the Premiership, even this was equated back financially , so I can''t think that anything other than this will happen here.....I hope.

R.e your last quote GJL,don''t forget that the FA, or whoever runs football nowadays,don''t tend to touch Prem teams,but they do have a record for punishing lower league teams.I can''t (hope) see anything coming out of this.It will get sorted out,maybe....

It''s well known that the town of Colchester got it''s name from the Roman word collaborare - "to collaborate"? We need another Boudicca to kick their arses.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

Obviously Ipswich are and will always be No.1. Personally I''ve always despised the way that the players ,fans and management of Manchester United have conducted themselves particularly during the Ferguson years.

I will never forgive or forget the incredible sense of injustice that surrounded our bans from Europe (which happened to coincide with the most succesful period in our history) due to the actions of the fans of Liverpool FC., ths is a hatred which has remained for me and one which I will take to my grave.

However, at no stage in our history would another club hve been responsible for deducting points.

Be careful Colchester , this may seem a good idea short term, but by doing this IMO an enemy will be made for as long as football is played, are you prepared for the "long game"?

For the record I don''t believe it will happen, when West Ham were found guilty of fielding the ineligible Tevez denying Sheff Utd a place in the Premiership, even this was equated back financially , so I can''t think that anything other than this will happen here.....I hope.

[/quote]

For us there''s a passionate rivalry with Southend, but it''s not hate. We hated Wycombe in the 80''s and 90''s, but I have to say Norwich are becoming increasingly hated with your arrogance.

[quote user="Colu_Tristan"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

[/quote]

For us there''s a passionate rivalry with Southend, but it''s not hate. We hated Wycombe in the 80''s and 90''s, but I have to say Norwich are becoming increasingly hated with your arrogance.

[/quote]

Don''t you have any gratitude? We trained your current manager so that he could go on to smaller and lesser heights, and we''re not seeking any compensation from you at all.

I think this is a whole things stinks.Colchester made a boo-boo and are trying to make Norwich pay for it.They will not be able to succeed in a ''tapping'' up claim because we were given permission to speak to him. So that will basically flop on its face or change the rules altogether.Tapping up is supposed to be either un-sanctioned discussions undermining the parent clubs position or indirect ways of approaching a player such as informing the media that you would love to have "x" at the club as he would bring so much to the current squad.As has been posted so many times already - this has surely got to go down to Lambert more than anything else. If we were allowed to talk to him in regards to coming to Norwich then this would obviously include what sort of a contract it would take to get him here.What Colchester did was to do things backwards. Just like when a club sells a player you talk money FIRST not after the ship has sailed. If you allow the player to talk to a club before discussing a price with them you can end up greatly devaluing a player who may refuse to look at any other options etc. You wait for the offer then you accept it and then and only then do you allow the player and his representatives talk to the club.It is an incredibly unusual situation because appart from anything else Colchester are still up there and are doing as well without him. Plust the fact that they have dragged it out.

[quote user="Colu_Tristan"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Not sure If we can be guilty of arrogance, at the end of the day Lambert CHOSE to manage us instead of you ,even after beating us 7-1, what does that tell you about your club''s limitations !?

Seems like some of that polluted Suffolk air has wafted down your way!

GJL.. Hate''s a strong word but even so Everton have to be on your list. They got us relegated and then when we went back there falsely accused our fans of racism. I''m sure I can find a little hate in the corner of my heart for a couple of folk connected to that club[:|]

I couldn''t get particularly bothered about Colchester, their board is just doing what they think is best for their club, as is ours - though it has to be said their stance is a bit sad (and possibly sneaky) as I''m pretty sure their chairman has been quoted as saying they consider that they now have a better manager. Time''ll tell, I suppose.

For me, Coventry and Everton are up there in clubs I dislike, mostly for cheating us into relegation in 1985 (but the rules allowed Cov to play several games too late).

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]I couldn''t get particularly bothered about Colchester, their board is just doing what they think is best for their club, as is ours - though it has to be said their stance is a bit sad (and possibly sneaky) as I''m pretty sure their chairman has been quoted as saying they consider that they now have a better manager. Time''ll tell, I suppose. For me, Coventry and Everton are up there in clubs I dislike, mostly for cheating us into relegation in 1985 (but the rules allowed Cov to play several games too late).[/quote]

Agreed Branston. But the rules didn''t allow Everton not to take the match seriously. Or maybe they did because there was no puinishment! I still care more about these things 25 years later than I do about the resentful little colly''s now.

[quote user="promotion chasing CT "]If we get points deducted then I will eat my season ticket. It''s not going to happen. Col who are just bitter is all.[/quote]

Salt, pepper and vinegar with that? hahaha