Sign in to follow this  
newcastle uni canary

9 million price tag for hoolahan

[quote user="Geordie Canary"]lambert said 8-9 million and he''ll be interested
[/quote]REALISTICALY i would be happy with £2-£3 mil...that would buy us 3-4 players and we would win promotion if Hooly left

[quote user="newyorkcanary"]I''d sell him for 4 million tomorrow.[/quote]I wouldn''t 4 million, providing Lambert got it all for players would undoubtedly improve the overall quality of the squad, but we would be weakening the best starting 11. Keep hold of him till the end of the season, if we don''t go up then sell him for £4 million (if that''s what we would get)

[quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"][quote user="newyorkcanary"]I''d sell him for 4 million tomorrow.[/quote]I wouldn''t 4 million, providing Lambert got it all for players would undoubtedly improve the overall quality of the squad, but we would be weakening the best starting 11. Keep hold of him till the end of the season, if we don''t go up then sell him for £4 million (if that''s what we would get) [/quote]

4 million - you''re havin a laugh.....bet the offer doesn''t top 1 million - if it does, take it

If Delph can go for 8 million, we should get about that for Wesley...

I''d take 3 million, no less. He''s far too important for us to lose, and that has to be shown in any price tag.

probably agree with the offer not topping a million but may get more if it is from Middlesborough but I think he is worth more than that to us. If the player is prepared to stay we should do our utmost to keep him. He is our most influential player and key to our current good form and promotion prospect. I hope he stays a Norwich player for a long time yet. 

Hahahaha at this thread, seriously if Middlesbro offer over a million we will snap there hands off. I wouldn''t want to see it, as I am Wes fan but given our financial position and the fact he has a lot of weaknesses, he will probably not get any better than he is now, we would take the offer immediately.

I think our best chance of getting out of this division is our first chance so don''t sell, if we do not make it this season then several players plus the manager could be off!!

I think that was an excvellent peice of management by Lambert. It''s not that he simply wouldn''t consider anything under 8 million - it just keeps other teams away from silly offers, that may unsettle the player. If anybody wants to put a bid in now, the chances are it will be a very decent price, rather than an undervalued one. Therefore, if the player was to get unsettled by a bid and want to leave, at least we would be making a nice bit of money out of it.

If his contract is up at the end of the season we will have to reconsider but if it isn''t then we should hold onto him until the end of the season. If we get promoted he will stay if we don''t we might have to sell then.

''?'' :

"If Delph can go for 8 million, we should get about that for Wesley...

I''d take 3 million, no less. He''s far too important for us to lose, and that has to be shown in any price tag."

Fabian Delph is 19 years of age, Wes is 27.

I think you are more deluded that me [:)]

Anyone who thinks we will get more than £1 Million is rather retarded.

Think, Holt cost us £500k(and he scored 28 goals last season), and we bought him off a team 1 division below us. Middlesborough are 1 division above us, and Hoolahan hasnt scored or set up 28 goals in 1 season ever i would imagine. And if Hoolahan is worth twice the amount than Holt, then jeeeesh! [:O]

Oh dear, i''m being ridiculed by a 12 year old. [;)]

Delph is also useless, and Wes isn''t.

I stand by my comment, if Delph is worth 8 million, so is Wes. But that''s more of a statement on the idiocy of the Delph transfer than it is on Wes'' ability.

Transfers are ridiculous these days, so i don''t see why we should put a realistic price tag on a player as important to us as Wes is. The man is irreplaceable at this level, and his price tag should reflect that.

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]I think that was an excvellent peice of management by Lambert. It''s not that he simply wouldn''t consider anything under 8 million - it just keeps other teams away from silly offers, that may unsettle the player. If anybody wants to put a bid in now, the chances are it will be a very decent price, rather than an undervalued one. Therefore, if the player was to get unsettled by a bid and want to leave, at least we would be making a nice bit of money out of it.[/quote]

What ever Lamberts says if McNally wants the money Hoolahan or who ever will be sold.

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST

How much, if any, (I don''t know, but suspect so.) of any tranfer fee would we have to pay to Blackpool?

There is one automatic promotion place available this season.

Forget top spot. Thats booked in the name of Leeds United. They have a strong squad, a great Manager, and 100% self belief. They do not need to sell players in January-including Beckford-but will have money to spend.

Forget the play offs. Whilst I''d obviously ratger finish in those places, the positions mean nothing, form means nothing and being favourites means nothing. They are a complete lottery, I''d hate to go through that again, if we were one of those four clubs our chances of winning them would be exactly the same as the other three. Don''t want to go there.

2nd place-between us, Huddersfield, Charlton and MK Dons. Whoever of that quartet doesn''t make 2nd will be in the play offs which shows how tough they will be.

So we need to get that second place, and to absolutely guarantee that we have the best possible chance of getting there we need to keep the current squad together. If Wes or any of our other important players go, then that will put that in doubt for the club, cause doubts in the minds of the other players, and the Manager. Sell Wes or anyone? No, no, a thousand times no. If they want to go at the end of the season-thats different, if we''re up, they may choose to stay, if we''re not-then the outlook will be very bleak for the whole club which is, again, why no-one should be told. Time for the club to be strong. Wes to stay, ditto Holt, Russell, Docherty and the rest. Cannot see any other option.

As I mentioned in another thread....If hypothetically, Wes went for a tidy sum....After everyone like his agent and maybe Blackpool getting a slice, how much of the fee would actually be spent on the squad, and not other financial requirements - like our outstanding large debt? Because, I do think monies owed to those who we''ve borrowed from, need to be addressed or we will be spiralling even further into bankrupt oblivion and administration.

We may get promotion, then what? Carry on in a higher league scrimping and scraping and begging for a crust?    

Spot on Mello.

Lets say Middlesbrough exceed all expectations and bid £1.5 Million for him.

Barely a quarter of that (and most transfer fees) would be payable up front.So, say, we get a ''downpayment'' of £350''000-£375''000. The top end of that would just about cover a senm-decent CCC level players wages for a year, so it isn''t going to do much in terms of a bid-it might stretch to the lad from Exeter, but thats as far as it goes-and would he, or a similar player, be the difference between promotion or not?

The debt would swallow up a large amount of it. its so easy to say "we got £1 million for so-and-so, and £800''000 for so-and-s0, so wheres the £1.8 Million gone that the manager has to spend?"

Firstly, it wouldn''t be anything like that.

Secondly, as the club exists at the behest of its lenders, they might want a say in money coming in, and where it might be prioritised (ie) serving debt.

It isn''t just us, or us going about things the wrong way. It applies through football and life-look at Rangers, Walter Smith has admitted that Lloyds TSB run that club, not him, the coaching staff, or even the board!

The ONLY chance this club wille ver have to spend money on investing in the team is for someone to do just that from the outside, a Cullum bid with realism tacked on, in other words. Players going out, yes, you could run a club and re-invest the transfer money then-firstly, as the fees, wages and agents and other outsiders "cut" weren''t so ridiculous, and, secondly, because it used to be, because what I have just mentioned didn''t use to apply, that clubs pretty much got the fees up front.

We didn''t spend the Ashton money on Earnshaw, for example-we invested in Earnshaw on the basis of knowing that money was coming in-and, with Asjton set to quit, West Ham having won nothing, and his barely featuring for England, how much have we got, how much might they still owe us, and how much, of that estimated fee of £7.5 million will we actually end up ever getting?

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

As I mentioned in another thread....If hypothetically, Wes went for a tidy sum....After everyone like his agent and maybe Blackpool getting a slice, how much of the fee would actually be spent on the squad, and not other financial requirements - like our outstanding large debt? Because, I do think monies owed to those who we''ve borrowed from, need to be addressed or we will be spiralling even further into bankrupt oblivion and administration.

We may get promotion, then what? Carry on in a higher league scrimping and scraping and begging for a crust?    

[/quote]

Yep, you''re right. Let''s throw the towel in now. Might as well, as there''s no hope.