Sign in to follow this  
singing canary

if we went up this season ..?

[quote user="Cluck the Purist...."][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Cluck the Purist...."][quote user="king canary"][quote user="Cluck the Purist...."][quote user="lappinitup"]

[quote user="Cluck the Purist...."]If we go up you can wave goodbye to Lambert... if he hasn''t gone before.[/quote]And if we don''t go up we don''t want him!

We''re doomed I tell ye, doomed, DOOMED! [:''(] [:''(] [:''(][/quote]You may well scoff Slappy.... but just you mark my words!

You heard it here first. [/quote]No. No we didnt. I''m sure you would love to think you are the first Norwich fan or person on the board to make the point that Lambert is not known for loyalty but you are not.[/quote]I think you will find that I was........

I predicted it before the start of the season.... that''s how good I am.[/quote]Well, so far you''ve been wrong then! [;)]

[/quote]

One is only wrong when one is proven thus...... something which has never happened on here to date...

Wait for the "Mowbray out" chants to begin and he''ll be gone........

[/quote]

If Mobray does go, I can''t see Celtic appointing another young manager who has acheived very little, regardless of his history with the club, nor would the fans accept it.

The fans want to be competing in the Champions League; appointing a man who has barely managed outside League 1 would hardly be a sign of ambition would it?

[quote user="Larry David"][quote user="Cluck the Purist...."][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Cluck the Purist...."][quote user="king canary"][quote user="Cluck the Purist...."][quote user="lappinitup"]

[quote user="Cluck the Purist...."]If we go up you can wave goodbye to Lambert... if he hasn''t gone before.[/quote]And if we don''t go up we don''t want him!

We''re doomed I tell ye, doomed, DOOMED! [:''(] [:''(] [:''(][/quote]You may well scoff Slappy.... but just you mark my words!

You heard it here first. [/quote]No. No we didnt. I''m sure you would love to think you are the first Norwich fan or person on the board to make the point that Lambert is not known for loyalty but you are not.[/quote]I think you will find that I was........

I predicted it before the start of the season.... that''s how good I am.[/quote]Well, so far you''ve been wrong then! [;)]

[/quote]

One is only wrong when one is proven thus...... something which has never happened on here to date...

[/quote]

If Mobray does go, I can''t see Celtic appointing another young manager who has acheived very little, regardless of his history with the club, nor would the fans accept it.

The fans want to be competing in the Champions League; appointing a man who has barely managed outside League 1 would hardly be a sign of ambition would it?

[/quote]

Blood is thicker than water.......

Remember how my Peter Grant expose'' was so flawless?.... Those sources remain in place.

Mark my words......  

[quote user="Cluck the Purist...."][quote user="Larry David"][quote user="Cluck the Purist...."][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Cluck the Purist...."][quote user="king canary"][quote user="Cluck the Purist...."][quote user="lappinitup"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Remember how my Peter Grant expose'' was so flawless?.... Those sources remain in place.

Mark my words......  

[/quote]

No I don''t remember this..

I have no doubt PL would take the Celtic job at the drop of a hat but I very much doubt he will be offered it as he is simply too unproven and too much of a risk.

[quote user="Cluck the Purist...."][quote user="Larry David"][quote user="Cluck the Purist...."][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Cluck the Purist...."][quote user="king canary"][quote user="Cluck the Purist...."][quote user="lappinitup"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Mark my words......  

[/quote]

I have no doubt PL would take the Celtic job at the drop of a hat but I very much doubt he will be offered it as he is simply too unproven and too much of a risk.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Mark my words......  

[/quote]

Well Larry..... unless Mowbray turns things around very quickly and wins over the Bhoys fans PL will be home for Christmas or should I say Hogmanay?

[quote user="Cluck the Purist...."]Well Larry..... unless Mowbray turns things around very quickly and wins over the Bhoys fans PL will be home for Christmas or should I say Hogmanay?[/quote]I disagree. Lambert isn''t stupid. If he took the job now and underperfomed he himself would be out at the end of the season. What''s worked for him at City might not work in a team full of big time charlies.He''s still in the early stages of his career and if he really is all that, then there will be many more opportunities for the Celtic job. We may be a stepping stone, but his CV will look a lot better with a couple of promotions on it.

See what occurs in January.....If our board backs PL with some dosh he will probably stay. If the board don''t give him financial support and show lack of ambition?

Well, he''d have a ready made excuse to walk....to Scotland. Where he''ll have a few quid to spend.

All hypothetical and most unlikely to happen in the immediate future.....BUT, if he was offered the manager''s job at the hoops....I think he''d go....and I for one wouldn''t criticise him for doing so.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

BUT, if he was offered the manager''s job at the hoops....I think he''d go....and I for one wouldn''t criticise him for doing so.

[/quote]Nor would I, but I''d still say it would be a case of right job, wrong time.I think Lambert is cute enough to know that.As you say though, he needs backing in January to go after sensible targets to start putting his mark on the squad.That said, the way the first team squad has been performing has arguably made that a little less expensive than it could have been.