Sign in to follow this  
singing canary

if we went up this season ..?

a long way away .....ifs buts and maybes .

but how many of the players  that we have could cut it at a higher level and who would you look to replace .?

do you think holt could be a proven goal scorer in the championship . would martin step up another gear and would askou be good enough at the back ..?

just a thought. if we did go up would the full team we have be good enough to stay up or go on to do better .?

after last season we had to replace alot of players due to the amount of loan players we had . if we go up and dont lose anyone decent in the transfer window we would be in a good position with a decent size squad  to build from ....

If this squad went up i think we would be a bottom half of the table side in the championship. I think Martin and Holt would score goals, but not so many. I would have concerns about all of the defence and it would be interesting to see how the likes of Smith fared

I''d sign a new keeper as Rudd wouldn''t be up to it, A new RB would be essential, i''d sign a new CB also to provide competition to Doc and Askou as Nelson would struggle at Championship level. Wiggins and Drury I have faith in. I''d stick with our currnent midfield as I think they''d be solid enough. I''d sign another striker aswell as Cody is alright but Jamie wouldn''t cut it at Championship level.

At least 4/5 new players would be needed and thats for a mid-table finish.

Im Not sure On this One tbh......... I feel we Would Need Strengthing if We Were To push On in The Chamipionship and Not to get Involved in Another relgation Battle,

On Holt, I feel He would Still be able To score Goals But Know where Near as Many. Dont get Me wrong He''s a Top striker But i feel He would lack Pace and Look abit lost in The championship So another Striker would be a Must

On Martin, I feel he will take the Step Up IF he keeps his Mind to it and Keeps Working hard, No Doubt hes Got quality He just needs To Use it

and tbh The back 4 is the Main Worry I feel we Would need Two new CB''s as The Doc and Jens Wont be up To it, They have there wobbles in This league let alone a Higher One

Drurys lookin The part Down here But im Not sure if he''ll cut it either

But Spillane is My hope of success at Right back, I wish He didnt get injured as he Would now Be established in The team

But the Only players i would Get rid of are,

Mcveigh

Maric (i no He''s sorta Gone}

Lappin

Nelson

Gill

Theokilitos

Cureton

And then Strenghtin On the rest of The squad remaining and Send some of the Younger lads Out On loan

I''m not convinced that the likes of Smith, Adeyemi, Francomb, Rudd , etc would be up to a full season in the Championship just yet, so they''d be fringe players or sent out on loan. Smith for example started very well this season but is visibly tiring already...

Players like Cureton, Maric, McVeigh and Theoklitos won''t be around next year. It''s unlikely Whaley will either.

I doubt Gill and Nelson are up to Championship standards, but should be kept if we can''t get better replacements. If we can, then move them on. Likewise, Otsemobor.

Drury, Wiggins, Askou, Doherty, Spillane, Hughes, Russel, Tudor-Jones, Hoolahan, Lappin, Martin, McDonald & Holt would all be part of a half-decent squad in the league above, but we''d need alot of additions nonetheless.

For me we''d need:

a RB
2 CB''s
a CM
2 or 3 wingers (two who can play either side preferably as we have none whatsoever)
2 strikers
a GK (possibly Forster on loan again if Newcastle go up)

I Just Hope we Find an Investor,

I mean look at the Team PL built at Colchester on Pennies,

imagine what He Could do with 5 or 6 million

alot Better than What Peter Grant done with the millions he Had to spend

If we go up you can wave goodbye to Lambert... if he hasn''t gone before.

Leopard''s spots and all that.......

[quote user="Cluck the Purist...."]If we go up you can wave goodbye to Lambert... if he hasn''t gone before.[/quote]And if we don''t go up we don''t want him!

We''re doomed I tell ye, doomed, DOOMED! [:''(] [:''(] [:''(]

[quote user="lappinitup"]

[quote user="Cluck the Purist...."]If we go up you can wave goodbye to Lambert... if he hasn''t gone before.[/quote]And if we don''t go up we don''t want him!

[/quote]Haha! Love it Lappin. [Y]

[quote user=" Baldrick"][quote user="Cluck the Purist...."]

If we go up you can wave goodbye to Lambert... if he hasn''t gone before.

Leopard''s spots and all that.......

[/quote]

FFS the Grime Reaper has arrived.

[/quote]

Just be grateful I don''t charge you all for such amazing insight!........

I''ve not been wrong yet.

[quote user="lappinitup"]

[/quote]

You may well scoff Slappy.... but just you mark my words!

You heard it here first. 

[quote user="Cluck the Purist...."][quote user="lappinitup"]

[/quote]

You heard it here first. 

[/quote]No. No we didnt. I''m sure you would love to think you are the first Norwich fan or person on the board to make the point that Lambert is not known for loyalty but you are not.

For the squad I think we would need a new keeper as Rudd might not be up to it at the moment.  A right back is essential, also another centre back to partner Jens as the Championship isn''t Doc''s level, maybe another centre back to add to that aswell for cover.  We need a right winger, we don''t even have one now!  Another central midfielder, Korey Smith is for sure going to become a legend but at Championship level I don''t think he would be able to play as many games, same goes for Tom Adeyemi, and I think League One is the level for Russel, so a midfield partner for Hughes is needed.  Also a left winger, Lappin is not a Championship player.  As for Holt I think he might be a little out of his depth in The Championship.  Wih the right service he will be able to score goals from crosses and and set pieces, but he will not have the pace and he probably wont be able to score the sorts of goald where he takes it past a few players and smashes it in like he does sometimes.  I''m pretty sure though that Martin would be able to step it up a level, but he would not get us 20 goals, just like Holt won''t either.  Cody is another one for the future but we need someone else as well as him. 

We need;GK, RB, CB x2, RW, LW, CM, FW.

At Championship level I think Doc, Drury, Wes, Rusty, Hughes, Hoolahan, Smith and Holt will all be fine. I think Jens would probably be ok as well although he''s not tested at that level.

Chris Martin...probably more of a bench player than a first choice. Same with Lappin. And any of the likes of Semmy, Spillane, Cody and Nelson would probably all be decent enough backup.

I think people underestimate the importance of a settled and "together" squad.  Promoted teams which are kept together and added to in one or two areas often do well.  I think the worry is that we wouldn`t even be able to keep the current squad together, let alone add to it- let`s hope the long overdue (imo) financial reorginisation of the club gives the football side a bit of leeway.  One thing which could be viewed as a positive is that we don`t really have two or three "stars" who are likely to attract big bids, just a squad of players who generally are above average at this level.

It''s easier to choose which players would be good enough for the championship -I would suggest Drury on his present form, Hughes, Hooly, Russell and probably Martin.Others might grow into it - Smith, Cody, possibly Askou. Rudd?I very much doubt that Holt would be good enough, or Semi, McVeigh, Daley or Nelson.Doherty is an unknown - he struggled there before, but he is now playing reasonably well. Has he found his level?We have a nucleus for survival in the lower reaches. To go higher we need two or three very good players at least.

[quote user="Salopian"]It''s easier to choose which players would be good enough for the championship -I would suggest Drury on his present form, Hughes, Hooly, Russell and probably Martin.Others might grow into it - Smith, Cody, possibly Askou. Rudd?I very much doubt that Holt would be good enough, or Semi, McVeigh, Daley or Nelson.Doherty is an unknown - he struggled there before, but he is now playing reasonably well. Has he found his level?We have a nucleus for survival in the lower reaches. To go higher we need two or three very good players at least.[/quote]Can''t agree with that one!!!

[quote user="Salopian"]

Doherty is an unknown - he struggled there before, but he is now playing reasonably well. Has he found his level?

[/quote]

Doherty is the most proven and experienced player we''ve got at a higher level.

He''s done a good job for us at Championship level. We''ve been weak in other areas and he''s been the victim of playing in unsettled defences etc etc but he''s always been able to compete in that league, no worries on that front.

League One, in my opinion, is below what Doherty is capable of.

[quote user="king canary"][quote user="Cluck the Purist...."][quote user="lappinitup"]

[/quote]

You heard it here first. 

[/quote]
No. No we didnt. I''m sure you would love to think you are the first Norwich fan or person on the board to make the point that Lambert is not known for loyalty but you are not.
[/quote]

I think you will find that I was........

I predicted it before the start of the season.... that''s how good I am.

[quote user="Cluck the Purist...."][quote user="king canary"][quote user="Cluck the Purist...."][quote user="lappinitup"]

We''re doomed I tell ye, doomed, DOOMED! [:''(] [:''(] [:''(][/quote]You may well scoff Slappy.... but just you mark my words!

You heard it here first. [/quote]No. No we didnt. I''m sure you would love to think you are the first Norwich fan or person on the board to make the point that Lambert is not known for loyalty but you are not.[/quote]I think you will find that I was........

I predicted it before the start of the season.... that''s how good I am.[/quote]Well, so far you''ve been wrong then! [;)]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Cluck the Purist...."][quote user="king canary"][quote user="Cluck the Purist...."][quote user="lappinitup"]

We''re doomed I tell ye, doomed, DOOMED! [:''(] [:''(] [:''(][/quote]You may well scoff Slappy.... but just you mark my words!

You heard it here first. [/quote]No. No we didnt. I''m sure you would love to think you are the first Norwich fan or person on the board to make the point that Lambert is not known for loyalty but you are not.[/quote]I think you will find that I was........

I predicted it before the start of the season.... that''s how good I am.[/quote]Well, so far you''ve been wrong then! [;)]

[/quote]

One is only wrong when one is proven thus...... something which has never happened on here to date...

Wait for the "Mowbray out" chants to begin and he''ll be gone........

[quote user="Cluck the Purist...."][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Cluck the Purist...."][quote user="king canary"][quote user="Cluck the Purist...."][quote user="lappinitup"]

[/quote]

One is only wrong when one is proven thus...... something which has never happened on here to date...

[/quote]

Will they be started by the CiSA[:^)]

[quote user="Cluck the Purist...."][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Cluck the Purist...."][quote user="king canary"][quote user="Cluck the Purist...."][quote user="lappinitup"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

If Mobray does go, I can''t see Celtic appointing another young manager who has acheived very little, regardless of his history with the club, nor would the fans accept it.

The fans want to be competing in the Champions League; appointing a man who has barely managed outside League 1 would hardly be a sign of ambition would it?

[/quote]

[/quote]

If Mobray does go, I can''t see Celtic appointing another young manager who has acheived very little, regardless of his history with the club, nor would the fans accept it.

The fans want to be competing in the Champions League; appointing a man who has barely managed outside League 1 would hardly be a sign of ambition would it?