Sign in to follow this  
Canary Man of Kent

Fao: dicky - was that you being ejected?

I think it was dicky and his Ginger chum being ejected midway through the first half. Anyone see what happened? I was right down at the front getting soaked so didn''t see it.

Looked like very over zealous stewarding for sure. Last time I was at st marys ricky bilverstone was kicked out!

I saw some stewards taking a couple of people out of the ground, and some guy ran after them and bundled all the stewards and had one of them in a head lock (just infront of me actually). Then about 10-15 people followed afterward and surrounded the stewards. Not sure why they were being taken out though.

That would be me..........

Completely over zealous stewarding... All that we did was stand up and sing, there was no excessive swearing, no songs aimed at Soton fans, just a whole lot of Norwich love and the men in jackets went nuts.....

If you are doing something wrong, fair enough, but......

All O did was a bit of Yarmying

Yes mate, stewards were telling us to sit down - I insisted I would when the home fans sat down.  They then decided to do the heavy stuff and chuck us out.  As one steward was trying to force my arm right behind my back, my mate had a go back and ended up being arrested for assault.  Just been released from the police station.  Stewards were basically total arses.  I went out with a great chant of Play up Pompey though. All a bit of a laugh really.

And by the way, that ginger bloke isn''t my mate - wouldn''t have a ginger friend, obviously....

gutted for you.. you missed a great second half.

saints fans to our right stood throughout the game.. hypocritical over zealous numpty stewards!

I''ve seen you two at every away game I''ve made it to this season giving it plenty of y''army! I was sure it was just bad stewarding, I''ve never seen either of you causing anything that even vaguely looks like trouble, just lots of noise! Perhaps a swear word or two for Curtis Weston! The stewards should do something about the home fans that stand all game, ridiculous.

I''ll pop over and say hello next time I see you.

I last went to Soton for the relegation 6-pointer in the Prem in 2004/5.  They''d only just moved to St Mary''s and the stewarding was some of the worst I''ve ever come across, it seemed designed to wind up the away fans. 

They tried to confiscate the top off my water bottle as I went in (so I''d have to drink it straight away then buy some more inside) and wouldn''t let me put up a banner anywhere except where no one could see it, on the grounds that it would "obscure the view" in their vast underpopulated stadium.  Glad to report that I held up said banner just in time for the TV cameras to film it after we scored [:D]  I''m not a hoodie (and it wouldn''t have been right even if I had been) but a middle aged woman.

Every other industry seems to have a regulatory body, so why doesn''t football! I don''t see how it is fair you pay £20+ for a ticket, and then get treated like a criminal by some OTT little Hitler and his bouncer chums.In this day and age, shouldn''t fans have some sort of comeback if they feel they have been unfairly treated? The teams that pop up regarding over zealous stewards are always the same: Saints, Plymouth..... Wouldn''t it be a good idea for the football authorities to send in some undercover observers to experience how so many fans are treated week-in, week-out. Clubs have a responsibility to fans whether they like it or not! [:@]

Taking the top off your bottle is fair enough. They always do that if you buy a drink in there so why not if you''re taking one in? No less of a good projectile just because you bought it elsewhere.

Stewards are a bunch of idiots though.

The steward that chucked me out, short, fat ginger one (ummm, can see why he is how he is....) and then tried to get all tough with me when his mates turned up, was the one who chucked my mate out last year for shouting!!!!.  Total idiot and obviously one of those that loves his little power trip on a Saturday.  Even one of the other stewards admitted he is an arse. 

I am looking forward to the JPT match - should be a laugh....

[quote user="Dicky"]

The steward that chucked me out, short, fat ginger one (ummm, can see why he is how he is....) and then tried to get all tough with me when his mates turned up, was the one who chucked my mate out last year for shouting!!!!.  Total idiot and obviously one of those that loves his little power trip on a Saturday.  Even one of the other stewards admitted he is an arse. 

I am looking forward to the JPT match - should be a laugh....

[/quote]Should make a complaint to their club if their stewards are being heavy handed. If they don''t recieve it well go to our club about it and see if they can take it up on your behalf. Have Millwall played down there yet? If they do the same to them it wont just be one bloke helping out his mate . . . . .

[quote user="6th May 1939"]"no songs aimed at Soton fans, just a whole lot of Norwich love"

Oh really?

How does "Play up Pompey" fit in with that then?[/quote]Because that warrants getting thrown out doesn''t it......we never have any songs slightly offensive sung to us?Alot of Stewards love the sense of power they get from being what they are, and its something they wouldn''t get in any other line of work. Plenty are nice, but some are very thick and desperate to look more important than they actually are....it''s a bit sad really.

[quote user="6th May 1939"]"no songs aimed at Soton fans, just a whole lot of Norwich love"

Oh really?

How does "Play up Pompey" fit in with that then?[/quote]if you read it properly it says i went OUT with Play up Pompey!

Hi Guys, I listened to the game on Norfolk and you can clearly hear a good part of the city fans singing - PLAY UP POMPEY, so it wasn''t just a few singing it, if we could hearly pretty well over the saints fans..

To be fair, I was being dragged down a flight of stairs, with a load of Soton fans singing "Cheerio Cheerio Cheerio", it seemed only fair that I responded with something....

Yesterday was far from my proudest moment following Norwich around the country, but the stewarding was way way over the top...

Plod told the guy who got nicked he had a good case for assualt from the steward..

[quote user="6th May 1939"]"if you read it properly it says i went OUT with Play up Pompey! " I was there and saw and heard exactly what went on and when. So I know that it started long before the ejection.[/quote]

So some of the Norwich fans were singing Play Up Pompey, me included - have you ever been to football match before? Or are you from the sanitise football brigade? There is always banter between fans, whether it''s the fairly boring "small town in ...." or something about their rivals.  I hope there always is.  Away games are always dull when there is no banter.  Thank goodness all fans aren''t like you, getting upset about this type of harmless singing.  Suggest you check out your local library.

[quote user="Dicky"]

[quote user="6th May 1939"]"if you read it properly it says i went OUT with Play up Pompey! " I was there and saw and heard exactly what went on and when. So I know that it started long before the ejection.[/quote]

So some of the Norwich fans were singing Play Up Pompey, me included - have you ever been to football match before? Or are you from the sanitise football brigade? There is always banter between fans, whether it''s the fairly boring "small town in ...." or something about their rivals.  I hope there always is.  Away games are always dull when there is no banter.  Thank goodness all fans aren''t like you, getting upset about this type of harmless singing.  Suggest you check out your local library.

[/quote]

Well said!

[quote user="NCFC_Edward"][quote user="Dicky"]

[/quote] Well said![/quote]

Thanks, people like that annoy the hell out of me.

I wish I could be hard enough to get thrown out like that........

Pussies......

[quote user="Cluck the Purist...."]

I wish I could be hard enough to get thrown out like that........

Pussies......

[/quote]

Is all you need is a ginger hair, a big gob, and two mates that make the Kray twins look like Jedward

[quote user="Dicky"][quote user="NCFC_Edward"][quote user="Dicky"]

[/quote] Well said![/quote]

Thanks, people like that annoy the hell out of me.

[/quote]Yeah. Sorry ''May'', but please, stfu. [:)]