Sign in to follow this  
Badgerboy

carrow rd

How about starting a petition to get a chunk of the Barclay as standing? Do it like they do in Germany.Just re-convert to sitting when we play in the Champions league!

[quote user="Herman "]How about starting a petition to get a chunk of the Barclay as standing? Do it like they do in Germany.Just re-convert to sitting when we play in the Champions league![/quote]

Yer the whole of lower Barclay terraced, we can stack the seats up along the hotel wall.

Petition signed,

[quote user="Gingerpele"]we will have to stay in league one though won''t we for that?[/quote]not if the rules are changed (which is what is being suggested....)plus you have 3years? to change the terrace under current law in the championship.

[quote user="Badgerboy"]when the ground wasnt all seater..the Atmosphere was fantastic. Not its so lame and pretty quiet.[/quote]

Oh so very true, hell, I can remember no roofs on 3 stands!

I''ve stood  in the Barclay, and years later, sat there..........with a ruddy hotel on my shoulder!.............seating has ruined football imo.

[quote user="Badgerboy"]when the ground wasnt all seater..the Atmosphere was fantastic. Not its so lame and pretty quiet.[/quote]

It''s less about seats and more about the middle class luvvies who have oozed into the ground during Smith''s tenure. Lots of giggly Deliarites in their wooly gloves and very few grass root fans who used to make the noise and create the atmosphere.........

Our cynically manufactured squeaky set up nowadays exudes an acute lack of passion and writhes with embarrassment regarding "showing one''s self up in public".... Until our club returns to it''s footballing roots nothing is going to change.

NCFC is a transvestite which doesn''t know what clothes it should be wearing.........

[quote user="Cluck the Purist...."]

It''s less about seats and more about the middle class luvvies who have oozed into the ground during Smith''s tenure. Lots of giggly Deliarites in their wooly gloves and very few grass root fans who used to make the noise and create the atmosphere.........

Our cynically manufactured squeaky set up nowadays exudes an acute lack of passion and writhes with embarrassment regarding "showing one''s self up in public".... Until our club returns to it''s footballing roots nothing is going to change.

NCFC is a transvestite which doesn''t know what clothes it should be wearing.........

[/quote]Yeah it was so much better when we only got 13,000 turning up. Bloody Delia!

[quote user="First Wizard"]

I''ve stood  in the Barclay, and years later, sat there..........with a ruddy hotel on my shoulder!.............seating has ruined football imo.

[/quote]

How about if you have no legs?

I dont think its the implementation of seating that has changed the atomsphere, but money making improvements to the seating, such as increased ticket prices for certain seats that are in the city and jarrold which are close to the halfway line. Also exec boxes seem to have created a "good day out" feeling.

[quote user="Cluck the Purist...."]

[/quote]I think the type of fan you describe is less to do with Delia''s tenure and more to do with how football is changing as a whole..

No chance what so ever of terracing returning. read the Taylor report produced in the wake of Hillsborough for the reasons why. German stadia do not have terracing in the same fashion you may remember here, it is more of a hybrid system to allow standing to take place in a regimented fashion.

[quote user="Badgerboy"]when the ground wasnt all seater..the Atmosphere was fantastic.

Not its so lame and pretty quiet.[/quote]Evening Chris!

[quote user="Brighton Yellow"]No chance what so ever of terracing returning. read the Taylor report produced in the wake of Hillsborough for the reasons why. German stadia do not have terracing in the same fashion you may remember here, it is more of a hybrid system to allow standing to take place in a regimented fashion.[/quote]

Yeah,i didn''t mean a return to the old style terracing,which frankly was quite dangerous,especially when people were crammed in. Has anybody been to a German ground where they do have terracing,would be interesting to see how well it works!

Have been to the Allianz and the old Olympic Stadion in Munich. They have a kind of half seat system in which there is not much to sit on, more of a high back to lean against. looks a tad bizarre but once used to it it did seem to work very well. and it was certainly helped by the very very friendly TSV 1860 fans who delighted to welcome a Canary to their ground. The Allianz was only half full as it was a 2nd division match but the atmasphere was amazing. probably the best stadium i have ever visited.

I think if we ever eventually re-develop the city stand or add to the south we could certainly do some re-organising around the whole ground. The German model does appear to work well

[quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"][quote user="Cluck the Purist...."]

[/quote]

Yeah it was so much better when we only got 13,000 turning up. Bloody Delia!
[/quote]

Rather 13000 proper fans than a bunch of tarts on a family day out.

Obviously you are one of those luvvies who knows no better........ [N]

[/quote]

I remember that Wiz, also the Railway sleepers for terracing!!!!

I liked to stand in those days too but I am grateful for the seating now as otherwise would not be able to stand for ninety minutes.

I would be happy to see one end for standing only, as it used to create a great atmosphere but age catches up with us all and a time comes when it''s nice to take the weight off your legs.

I too remember when the railway sleepers but like Ricardo,with age and a bad back couldn''t stand for 90 mins,but with so many fans all over the country wanting to stand, why not,if it could be done safely.

Watching games on tv it looks as though many fans already do stand anyway so why not make it legal?

[quote user="Cluck the Purist...."][quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"][quote user="Cluck the Purist...."]

[/quote]Yeah it was so much better when we only got 13,000 turning up. Bloody Delia![/quote]

[/quote]To be honest, I think you need to get with the times like it or not football is no longer just a working mans game. Its not Delia''s fault its happened the same with every club. Those 12,000 extra fans that regularly attend games may be as you put it ''luvvies'' but they probably contribute at least £5 Million per season. Are you saying you''d rather not have this income? Because if you are, then sir you are a fool. Football clubs are there for anyone who wishes to support them, and if you pay your season ticket you also pay for the right to support the team in whichever way you choose. Have you ever considered that perhaps these ''luvvies'' have a point about some things? I suppose your arrogance doesn''t allow you to consider different perspectives. I suggest you loose the chip thats on your shoulder, get with the times and perhaps even talk to some of these people, you will soon find that they don''t all conform to your silly stereotypical views.P.S I have been coming to carrow road for 20 years now, so have seen a lot of change, but I unlike you am not a luddite.

[quote user="Brendan"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

How about if you have no legs?

[/quote]

Plenty of options. Seating in the stands between the goals, get there early and be in the front of the standing room crowd, and being carried in one of those papoose thingies and watching over the shoulder of whomever carried you. That''s just 3 easy solutions. Plenty more, I''m sure.

[quote user="Cluck the Purist...."][quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"][quote user="Cluck the Purist...."]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[8]If Queen Boadicea is long dead and gone
Still then the spirit
In her children''s children''s children
It lives on

If you''ve lost your faith in Norwich City
Oh the end won''t be long
Because if it''s gone for you then others may lose it
And that would be wrong

I''ve tried so hard to keep myself from falling
Back into my bad old ways
And it chars my heart to always hear you calling
Calling for the good old days
Because there were no good old days
These are the good old days[:O]

No jester hats or inflatable canaries here. Not a happy clappy fan in sight[:S]

Certainly not a bunch of tarts on a family day out[:^)]

Perish the thought[;)]

Hey you know everybody''s talkin'' about the good old days everybody the good old days the good old days...

£5m is rather a silly figure given that most are not paying £20 a game. Many are not even paying much more than that for a season ticket.

So as to their support it is others who subsidise them. Ask then how much is lost by having a system where the casual fan is ''stiffed'' for a high price simply to subsidise the families and so doesn''t bother anymore.

Check with the club and I think you''ll find that income per head is well down - if you measure like for like rather than add in those corporates, lunch/ticket deals etc.

How long can football continue to contrive to concoct cheaoer and cheaper ''family deals'' to fill the seats to the detriment of full paying fans. What affect will it have on advertising revenue when a third of the crowd is aged under 12 ?

Nobody is asking for the good old days to return. Society has moved on - but don''t knock those who enjoyed it when it was football for football''s sake and not a family day out nor be so smug about how safe and nice it all is now.

Because if you look into the bank balance of 80% of professional clubs it ain''t safe or nice.

[quote user="City1st"]£5m is rather a silly figure given that most are not paying £20 a game. Many are not even paying much more than that for a season ticket.

So as to their support it is others who subsidise them. Ask then how much is lost by having a system where the casual fan is ''stiffed'' for a high price simply to subsidise the families and so doesn''t bother anymore.

Check with the club and I think you''ll find that income per head is well down - if you measure like for like rather than add in those corporates, lunch/ticket deals etc.

How long can football continue to contrive to concoct cheaoer and cheaper ''family deals'' to fill the seats to the detriment of full paying fans. What affect will it have on advertising revenue when a third of the crowd is aged under 12 ?

Nobody is asking for the good old days to return. Society has moved on - but don''t knock those who enjoyed it when it was football for football''s sake and not a family day out nor be so smug about how safe and nice it all is now.

Because if you look into the bank balance of 80% of professional clubs it ain''t safe or nice.[/quote]I don''t know how much is made from season tickets as I am a casual fan due to not living in the city anymore, it was an estimate, perhaps the accounts will tell us more. So even if 12,000 people are paying a small amount for their season tickets, they probably buy programs, drinks, food, replica kits etc You will not convince me that we are financially worse off having these fans. Perhaps if Carrow Road would sell out with casual fans you''d have a point, but it wouldn''tThere is no big conspiracy theory about casual fans being kept out of

the club, it wasn''t that many years ago that we only got 13-14,000 most

home games. This to me suggests that the seats taken by these families

would otherwise be empty.Do you think all of these kids will stop supporting Norwich once they''re adults? The current regime have many failings, but the fact that Carrow Road still sells out in League 1 in to be applauded. The business model employed by the club for ticketing is very sensible, there is a very big pull these days for kids towards the chelsea, liverpool and man utd''s. By getting the kids down to Carrow Road from a young age the club are ensuring a fan for life, who will eventually pay full price for their season ticket for decades. Its a policy that drug users employ to get people hooked. I started going to Carrow Road in the late 80s stood in the barclay lower I was 10 plenty of other kids went back then as well, I suspect you have some rose tinted glasses on.I never knocked anything, I''m sure it was great in the good old days.

[quote user="Brendan"]How about if you have no legs?

[/quote]

Well mine don''t work Brendan and I''m stuck in a ruddy wheelchair, does that count? but it doesn''t stop me wanting others to stand, most clubs cater for us crips!

totally disagree, im petit and love my seat in the lower barclay, and changing it to terracing will be a major risk. theres a excellent atmosphere in the barclay, dont know what youre seeing.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Cluck the Purist...."][quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"][quote user="Cluck the Purist...."]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Still then the spirit
It lives on

And that would be wrong

Perish the thought[;)]

Hey you know everybody''s talkin'' about the good old days everybody the good old days the good old days...

[/quote]

You know Nutless.... I suspect you are the product of a 43 year gestation period after which you were born wearing thick horn rimmed glasses and neatly parted grey hair. With you being a former civil servant as well, I fear your life has barely progressed beyond the womb and now your parasitic umbilical cord has attached itself to Saint Delia (herself a parasite).....Sharing the same blood supply it is vital to your existence that your host survives... just as it is vital for her to drink the blood of her victims (the ovine season ticket holders).......

A suitable PURIST stakeholder will appear one day soon to rid us of your ilk and return us to the club we should really be...... locally run for proper local supporters. 

[quote user="Cluck the Purist...."][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Cluck the Purist...."][quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"][quote user="Cluck the Purist...."]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Still then the spirit
It lives on

And that would be wrong

Perish the thought[;)]

[/quote]

You know Nutless.... I suspect you are the product of a 43 year gestation period after which you were born wearing thick horn rimmed glasses and neatly parted grey hair. With you being a former civil servant as well, I fear your life has barely progressed beyond the womb and now your parasitic umbilical cord has attached itself to Saint Delia (herself a parasite).....Sharing the same blood supply it is vital to your existence that your host survives... just as it is vital for her to drink the blood of her victims (the ovine season ticket holders).......

A suitable PURIST stakeholder will appear one day soon to rid us of your ilk and return us to the club we should really be...... locally run for proper local supporters. 

[/quote]

Yes but are you on that photo[:^)]

[/quote]

Persojnally, I think people being killed at matches was more likely to riun football in the long run

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Cluck the Purist...."][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Cluck the Purist...."][quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"][quote user="Cluck the Purist...."]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Still then the spirit
It lives on

And that would be wrong

Perish the thought[;)]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes but are you on that photo[:^)]

[/quote]

They are clearly the gene carriers of your kindred sissy boy modern fans..... so no. My forefathers were probably off fighting a war somewhere and so were too busy saving the World.

National Service ended within months of this shameful exhibition.... which explains how they were allowed to breed and were not culled as they should have been.