Sign in to follow this  
dpit

Most satisfying result of the season

Exactly the sort of match we usually get turned over in. Away from home. Form team. On the back of a littel run ourselves. A 2-2 draw against a very good Southampton team, is for me the best indication yet that we can keep this up and go on to be promoted.

[quote user="dpit"]Exactly the sort of match we usually get turned over in. Away from home. Form team. On the back of a littel run ourselves. A 2-2 draw against a very good Southampton team, is for me the best indication yet that we can keep this up and go on to be promoted.[/quote]Yep, loosing to Brighton at home 3-1 is good form!

[quote user="Big Slob"][quote user="dpit"]Exactly the sort of match we usually get turned over in. Away from home. Form team. On the back of a littel run ourselves. A 2-2 draw against a very good Southampton team, is for me the best indication yet that we can keep this up and go on to be promoted.[/quote]
Yep, loosing to Brighton at home 3-1 is good form!
[/quote]

And loosing is gud spelin

I wouldn''t say so myself.Remember our first time out at Cardiff under Roeder?Away, to a form team with 5 successive wins at home, with only 1 loss in the last 10 or so. On a run of 14 league games unbeaten ourselves. We go there and show some amazing character under pressure to grind out a 2-1 win in what was practically the last kick of the game, despite suffering an horrendus goal going against us that had us going in level after the first half.Or how about the result away at Luton only the season before that under Grant?We have drawn too many non-sensical conclusions in the past from this kind of stuff that has proven to be nothing more than some ''post-euphoric gobbledeegoop'', and still we continue to do so.Consider it no more than a positive result (i.e. not all the promotion nonsense that seems to follow it), and let''s not get ahead of ourselves.

[quote user="dpit"]Exactly the sort of match we usually get turned over in. Away from home. Form team. On the back of a littel run ourselves. A 2-2 draw against a very good Southampton team, is for me the best indication yet that we can keep this up and go on to be promoted.[/quote] I think it''s a good result too. We''ve showed some grit and determination to claw back twice. It''s grinding out results like this that gets you promoted.

[quote user="Big Bad John"]I wouldn''t say so myself.

Remember our first time out at Cardiff under Roeder?

Away, to a form team with 5 successive wins at home, with only 1 loss in the last 10 or so. On a run of 14 league games unbeaten ourselves. We go there and show some amazing character under pressure to grind out a 2-1 win in what was practically the last kick of the game, despite suffering an horrendus goal going against us that had us going in level after the first half.

Or how about the result away at Luton only the season before that under Grant?

We have drawn too many non-sensical conclusions in the past from this kind of stuff that has proven to be nothing more than some ''post-euphoric gobbledeegoop'', and still we continue to do so.

Consider it no more than a positive result (i.e. not all the promotion nonsense that seems to follow it), and let''s not get ahead of ourselves.
[/quote]

I entirely agree.

[quote user="ROBFLECK"][quote user="dpit"]Exactly the sort of match we usually get turned over in. Away from home. Form team. On the back of a littel run ourselves. A 2-2 draw against a very good Southampton team, is for me the best indication yet that we can keep this up and go on to be promoted.[/quote] I think it''s a good result too. We''ve showed some grit and determination to claw back twice. It''s grinding out results like this that gets you promoted.[/quote]I''d argue it''s grinding out "1-0''s" an "2-1''s" when you ought not to that is most indicative of a team destined for promotion. Afterall, in this current system, it is ''3'' points rather than the odd ''1'' that proves to be more valuable in the long term. I''m not belittling our result, as it was a draw away against a team that play some brilliantly ruthless football at times at their best, and we more than matched up to them with what was far from our best performance of the season. We can leave with our heads held high on this occasion, of course.But Leeds, not us with our ''draws'' and ''unlucky losses'' against the likes of Walsall, MK Dons, Charlton, Gillingham... etc., are the prime example of a team on course for promotion, with their ''efficient'', yet very rarely ''eye-catching'' wins against much of their opposition in this league.

IMO it was a good result today - they are one of the better sides in the division. That they lost 3-1 home to Brighton is as irrelevant as the fact that they beat 3 good sides in Bristol Rovers, MK Dons and Charlton in the last month - we''ll all win games against the better sides and lose against some of the not-so-good this season, that''s just a fact of life.

We go into the next game unbeaten in 6...with a goal difference of +12 over that period (all competitions) ...but do you think we can turn them over in the JPT?

It''s not satisfying to fall behind twice but it is satisfying to come back twice. It shows belief and bodes well.

But I guess the most satisfying thing is 28 points from 14 games since Lambert took over. There''s a long way to go but 14 games is a decent yardstick and 2 points a game is good form.

Some people didn''t read this post very well. I said satisfying...not the best...not even good....satisfying....as in we didn''t play well in the first half...went behind twice..and still came out with a point against a team that would have definitely (and might still be) in the shake up had it not been for a points deduction. It was satisfying from the point of view of showing fight and self belief. By no means am I getting on the feel good wagon after a result...we are Norwich...anything can go wrong.

agreed one step at a time . first thing we need to do is secure a play off place .of which is a long way off . just keep grinding out the results and we will have a better picture late january early feb. anything can happen between now and the end of the season but the signs are good so far .

Loosing to Leeds away. I know it sounds strange but loosing has tought our players alot, It will actually help us with promotion this season. I firmly believe had we beaten Leeds then we would have had the wrong attitued, believing we could walk this league. When clearly its not that easy and anyone that thinks it is is stupid!

Making this the most satisfying result of the season so far.