Sign in to follow this  
Woman in the Stands (WITS)

Only 2 minutes of action on a Saturday night.

Dear Woman in the stands

If you want the honest truth it rambles I''m afraid.  The two minutes thing doesn''t work: sure it is a headline but not backed up by anything else.  If you want to go with that you need to be far more impactive with it.

Two minutes has to be the theme throughout.  If Two minutes is your choice then everything has to be related to that even if you have to make it up to make it fit. A headline theme has to be obvious throughout.  Your decision about the holiday has to be in two minutes et al (and you could fit in Nelson''s turning circle within that)

Wrong Decisions would also work (and take in Forster''s goal kick).  Absolutely not intended as criticism as I assume no one is paying you for this stuff but if you select a theme you must stick to it throughout.  Otherwise the reader gets baffled and ends up in a siding somewhere.

Offered as a genuine comment and absolutely not as a criticism.    It isn''t easy.

If two minutes is your theme everything must be related to that.

If you turned it into: "Two minutes for a girl on a Saturday evening" could likely be a good read but the "catch" must go on throughout.

WITS, I''m afraid I have taken a final look at your blog efforts. I honestly believe you will be better off for a while simply participating on this message board on interesting threads and learning to stay focused. Your comment in your last blog of, "You may remember several blogs ago" was amusing. You ramble so much that the reader has difficulty remembering what you wrote in the prior paragraph. 

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

WITS, I''m afraid I have taken a final look at your blog efforts. I honestly believe you will be better off for a while simply participating on this message board on interesting threads and learning to stay focused. Your comment in your last blog of, "You may remember several blogs ago" was amusing. You ramble so much that the reader has difficulty remembering what you wrote in the prior paragraph. 

[/quote]

Ouch!!![:P]

WITS mentioned Mawhinney stepping down. There was this typically interesting Guardian piece from David Conn on the subject late last week:http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/david-conn-inside-sport-blog/2009/nov/19/footballpolitics

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

Dear Woman in the stands

If you want the honest truth it rambles I''m afraid.  The two minutes thing doesn''t work: sure it is a headline but not backed up by anything else.  If you want to go with that you need to be far more impactive with it.

Two minutes has to be the theme throughout.  If Two minutes is your choice then everything has to be related to that even if you have to make it up to make it fit. A headline theme has to be obvious throughout.  Your decision about the holiday has to be in two minutes et al (and you could fit in Nelson''s turning circle within that)

Wrong Decisions would also work (and take in Forster''s goal kick).  Absolutely not intended as criticism as I assume no one is paying you for this stuff but if you select a theme you must stick to it throughout.  Otherwise the reader gets baffled and ends up in a siding somewhere.

Offered as a genuine comment and absolutely not as a criticism.    It isn''t easy.

If two minutes is your theme everything must be related to that.

If you turned it into: "Two minutes for a girl on a Saturday evening" could likely be a good read but the "catch" must go on throughout.

[/quote]

The word criticism has two meanings.

OTBC

OTBC

WITS,

Good blog as always, people of course entitled to their own opinions but I love reading your blogs.

Take it your fella isn''t a football fan then? Sure you''ll be able to convert him!

WITSI have to agree with Yankee Canary, if i was you i would stick to posting on the message board. I found your blog very boring, the first half you were just talking in generalities, '''' we need to keep winning if we want to get promoted '''' and '''' Lambert has a policy of playing his best players, which is working '''', that kind of thing for example.Then you ramble on about your husband not liking Norwich or the World Cup and holidays and missing matches. Boring, nobody cares. Camuldonum is spot on with the blog not linked in anyway to the headline of '''' 2 minutes''''. Unlike Camuldonum Im not going to be half as sensitive and I hope you take this as actual criticism. I also find it annoying that you always announce your new blog with a brand new post, the pinkun messageboard is not a place for free advertising and self promotion.

On a further note while im in criticising mood, ''''that time of week again '''' smacks of an over inflated view of ones importance and contribution to the world, like were all meant to be looking forward to the moment you post your latest boring, school classroom ramblings. You say your married but it read like it was written by a child. Please dont announce again youve posted a new blog like your now some sort of paid columnist that everybody reads. None of the other bloggers do this, and im sure the few people that do read your blog every week know where to find it.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[/quote]

I second that emotion.  I''m sorry WITS but please!  If you''re going to write a blog would you please try and make it a little interesting and not so sleep inducing.  Your opinions seem to generally match those of everyone else and the majority of what you write is hardly anything that we don''t already know. Try being a little more original, controversial, humourous, witty, or any of these, rather than the musings of a bored housewife.  Sorry to be so blunt but I tried to read your blog every week and struggle to get through it.

Hi WITS

As you know, I have given constructive criticism in the past... and liked your last blog very much.

I feelt that this episode is a littel eratic in the points you are putting across and the linking of the title to the text is hard to see, as well as from point to point.

Liking some of the anecdotes you pop into the blog, keep them coming as I like to read them. Perhaps pick/review the title for the blog after it has been written in future.

[quote user="Barclayman"]On a further note while im in criticising mood, ''''that time of week again '''' smacks of an over inflated view of ones importance and contribution to the world, like were all meant to be looking forward to the moment you post your latest boring, school classroom ramblings. You say your married but it read like it was written by a child.

Please dont announce again youve posted a new blog like your now some sort of paid columnist that everybody reads. None of the other bloggers do this, and im sure the few people that do read your blog every week know where to find it.[/quote]

Just to clarify I''m not married.

Other bloggers do post when their blog is updated. I was told to do this by Archant - they run the web-site not you.

''That time of the week'' was tongue in cheek, shame you misunderstood.

I also appreciate some weeks the blogs are going to be better than others, a bit like the performance on the pitch.

Other bloggers do post when their blog is updated. I was told to do this by Archant - they run the web-site not you.

I also appreciate some weeks the blogs are going to be better than others, a bit like the performance on the pitch.

Either way your blog is boring, poorly written rubbish which i wont be reading again.And the above is criticism just like the other criticisms on this post, just not sugar coated and preceeded with '''' im not criticising but ''''.

[quote user="Barclayman"]Just to clarify I''m not married.

Either way your blog is boring, poorly written rubbish which i wont be reading again.

And the above is criticism just like the other criticisms on this post, just not sugar coated and preceeded with '''' im not criticising but ''''.
[/quote]

Seriously Barclayman, the whole self importance thing you were speaking about is kind of the impression you are beggining to portray now...give it a rest now hey?

WITS, at the outset you said your aim was to present "a different

view". An admirable aim for a blogger. Most of the time I barely care

what I think about football, so an anonymous blogger has got to work

pretty hard to make me care about what they think.

But having just read through your blogs, I still don''t know what that

different view is. That of a woman supporter?  That of a Norwich fan

stuck in Kent? That of a woman whose partner cares not for football but

for cricket? That of a woman trying to indoctrinate (in the nicest way)

a child?

Occasionally there are glimpses of all these personas, but they are not

carried through. And the first two - the woman supporter and the exile

- are now ten a penny. But I would have thought there was some mileage

in mining the twin seams of an anti-football partner and the yellow and

green education of an impressionable youngster.

That way you would have three personalities with which to populate your

blogs. It might work, or it might not. But it would at least be

different.

[quote user="taintedtom2000"][quote user="Barclayman"]Just to clarify I''m not married.

Either way your blog is boring, poorly written rubbish which i wont be reading again.And the above is criticism just like the other criticisms on this post, just not sugar coated and preceeded with '''' im not criticising but ''''. [/quote]

Seriously Barclayman, the whole self importance thing you were speaking about is kind of the impression you are beggining to portray now...give it a rest now hey?

[/quote]Oh sorry Tom, didnt realise youd got a new job as a pinkun mod.

[quote user="Barclayman"][quote user="taintedtom2000"][quote user="Barclayman"]Just to clarify I''m not married.

Either way your blog is boring, poorly written rubbish which i wont be reading again.

And the above is criticism just like the other criticisms on this post, just not sugar coated and preceeded with '''' im not criticising but ''''.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Oh sorry Tom, didnt realise youd got a new job as a pinkun mod.
[/quote]

apology accepted :-p

[quote user="Woman in the Stands WITS"]

[quote user="Barclayman"]On a further note while im in criticising mood, ''''that time of week again '''' smacks of an over inflated view of ones importance and contribution to the world, like were all meant to be looking forward to the moment you post your latest boring, school classroom ramblings. You say your married but it read like it was written by a child. Please dont announce again youve posted a new blog like your now some sort of paid columnist that everybody reads. None of the other bloggers do this, and im sure the few people that do read your blog every week know where to find it.[/quote]

[/quote]But not 30 times.[;)]