Sign in to follow this  
Brendo

Hoolahan is worth HOW MUCH?

We paid £600k and we are now a league lower.   At best I cant see us getting more that £750k.

However to support a promotion push I would say that he is worth far more to us than that and we should look to retain him if at all possible.

We should only sell for that price if the clubs finances are so severe we risk administration not selling  

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

We paid £600k and we are now a league lower.   At best I cant see us getting more that £750k.

However to support a promotion push I would say that he is worth far more to us than that and we should look to retain him if at all possible.

We should only sell for that price if the clubs finances are so severe we risk administration not selling  

[/quote]

we paid £250,000........ that was his release clause wasn''t it...the only reason we could afford him :/

"If Nicky Bailey is being valued at £2.5m then why cant we get that for Hooley!?"

Who says he is worth that? If people are stupid enough to believe Hooley is worth 2.5m, maybe the same stupid people have over-valued Bailey...? What bids have valued him at 2.5m?

[quote user="First Jedi"]"If Nicky Bailey is being valued at £2.5m then why cant we get that for Hooley!?" Who says he is worth that? If people are stupid enough to believe Hooley is worth 2.5m, maybe the same stupid people have over-valued Bailey...? What bids have valued him at 2.5m?[/quote]

Don`t know who Bailey is tbh but i`m guessing he`s a young player who bigger clubs perhaps feel has the ability to develop into a Prem player.  Hooly is 28 and if he were going to be a Prem player he would be there by now.  Young players with big potential command a big premium, it never ceases to amaze me how many people don`t understand this.

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]Oh, how I have missed the Cluck show.[/quote]

It''s about time reality was returned to this forum CIB. Left to the Deliarite pansies we''d all be celebrating automatic promotion by now......

When Mowbray gets the sack Lambert will be Celtic bound to team up with Peter Grant.... who will gloat endlessly at kicking NCFC in the cobblers for sacking him. Expect Hoolahan to follow on a free.......

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[quote user="First Jedi"]"If Nicky Bailey is being valued at £2.5m then why cant we get that for Hooley!?" Who says he is worth that? If people are stupid enough to believe Hooley is worth 2.5m, maybe the same stupid people have over-valued Bailey...? What bids have valued him at 2.5m?[/quote]

Don`t know who Bailey is tbh but i`m guessing he`s a young player who bigger clubs perhaps feel has the ability to develop into a Prem player.  Hooly is 28 and if he were going to be a Prem player he would be there by now.  Young players with big potential command a big premium, it never ceases to amaze me how many people don`t understand this.

[/quote]

It was the figure being banded about pre season when he was being linked with a move to Palarse....

He is there ginger capt, the one who nailed Holt when we played them.

Im not saying Hooley is worth that nor Bailey. But if this is market guidance then who knows.....

I mean....Since the summer, every transfer has had the Ronaldo effect and gone stupidly high. If teams want him, they will have to pay the going rate!

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"]I sincerely hope the vast majority of replies are jokes! We''re a cash-strapped third-division side and I''d imagine anything more than £350k would be silly money. We bought him for £250k from a Championship side for which we was ''top man''. However I rate him a lot and don''t want to see him go. We''re just not going to get two million pounds sterling for him[/quote]

Thank You [:)] Someone who agrees with me. [:D]

WOOOOF 3.5m. I would run over to the directors box, bend delia over and proceed to f**k her up the ar$e if we got anywhere close to that! Some peoples valuations are laughable. Remember we are in League 1...the Ronaldo transfer hardly inflates Wes Hoolahan''s price tag.

[quote user="Salford City YELLOW"]WOOOOF 3.5m. I would run over to the directors box, bend delia over and proceed to f**k her up the ar$e if we got anywhere close to that! Some peoples valuations are laughable. Remember we are in League 1...the Ronaldo transfer hardly inflates Wes Hoolahan''s price tag.[/quote]

Oh I do declare!  [:$]

Getting promoted to the champs is worth at least 5 million

Even if we sold Wes we would have to replace him which wouldnt be cheap.

If we hit a slump and drop out of the top six by Jan I could see us selling but while we have a shot at auto promotion we should keep him.

Rumours abound that Charlton are in real financial trouble and will be forced to sell some players in the new year.

I think we just need to hold onto the players we have and add a little quality via the loan market as Worthy did in our promotion season.

Our current squad is as good as any squad in this division and better than most.

[quote user="USAcanary"]

Getting promoted to the champs is worth at least 5 million

Even if we sold Wes we would have to replace him which wouldnt be cheap.

If we hit a slump and drop out of the top six by Jan I could see us selling but while we have a shot at auto promotion we should keep him.

Rumours abound that Charlton are in real financial trouble and will be forced to sell some players in the new year.

I think we just need to hold onto the players we have and add a little quality via the loan market as Worthy did in our promotion season.

Our current squad is as good as any squad in this division and better than most.

[/quote]

I can''t see him being worth any more than 500k at best.

USA could be right though, if we just find that LITTLE quality from the loan market...Huckerby, Crouch, Harper and then Bentley etc, I think we could be competitive...

By and large, the Board seem to have got the supporters back on their side, or at least off their backs for a while.

Selling off the most popular players at this moment in time would cause dissension to return. The "feel-good factor" that currently exists at Carrow Road would disappear in no time.

We are due a small dip in fortunes on the pitch, as most clubs have a poor period during a long season. If this co-incides with the sale of a regular first teamer then we could well be back to the ugly days. This would be more detrimental to our fortunes this season than not re-enforcing during the transfer window.

Is it really good footballing business to sell players that you know will do a good job in order to finance the purchase of unknowns?  Any decent strikers or central defenders would cost more than we have anyhow. Anything cheaper would be a risk and we could end up weaker. Let''s stick to what we have. One or two extractions from the squad, Jamie C. and Theo. for example, might fund a decent loan player. 

I know "loan" is a dirty word nowadays, but such an acquisition for the rest of the season would enable us to put a stronger player into the squad than we could possibly buy.

The absolute priority has to be promotion at the first try. Anything that threatens this is should not be contemplated.

I am not as convinced, as many posters on here seem to be, that we need any great influx of players just yet anyhow. Some of Gunn''s acquisitions still remain virtual unknowns, for various reasons, in any case.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

I think that Wes will stay, not least because he''s enjoying himself and has a system that suits him. Having said that, if someone offers £1.5 to £2million I suspect we''ll sell. That, however, is not a disaster. If we got serious money for him we could both strengthen the squad and give ourselves more options, because I genuinely believe that the diamond is the only way to accomodate Wes.

As for the paranoia about having to sell to stave off administration, consider this. If (and I stress IF) we are on the verge of administration, our only hope of survival is to get back up this season. We cannot achieve this by breaking up the team, so the suggestion of selling Wes to reduce the debt while bringing no replacement(s) in is totally and utterly illogical. No player is irreplaceable ( believe me, I''ve seen many come and go in my years as a supporter) and Wes is not in the same league as players like Reeves and Phelan, believe me!

That said, I hope he stays, for his sake as well as ours, because I believe his confidence is fragile and he needs an environment where he feels valued.

[/quote]

Agreed, good post.