Sign in to follow this  
Brendo

Hoolahan is worth HOW MUCH?

Right, reading a few threads, some people seem to think we can get £4 Mil or so for him.

Please state what you think he is worth.

I reckon £500,000. Marshall went for that, we got Holt for that, IMO they are equally influential to us than him. And if Middlesborough do get promoted (which isnt that unlikely), can you really see Wes in the prem? Give over.

And please, no Brendan bashing [;)]

[quote user="Brendan"]

Right, reading a few threads, some people seem to think we can get £4 Mil or so for him.

Please state what you think he is worth.

I reckon £500,000. Marshall went for that, we got Holt for that, IMO they are equally influential to us than him. And if Middlesborough do get promoted (which isnt that unlikely), can you really see Wes in the prem? Give over.

And please, no Brendan bashing [;)]

[/quote]£1.5-£2 mil

I think the beauty of the Wes situation is that he is worth far more to us than anyone else, thus there''s a much better chance of holding on to him. I reckon that''s what Lamber''s "£8-9m" was all about.

Realistically we could probably get 750,000 to 1 million for him but I think he''s worth more than that to the team.

I think that Wes will stay, not least because he''s enjoying himself and has a system that suits him. Having said that, if someone offers £1.5 to £2million I suspect we''ll sell. That, however, is not a disaster. If we got serious money for him we could both strengthen the squad and give ourselves more options, because I genuinely believe that the diamond is the only way to accomodate Wes.

As for the paranoia about having to sell to stave off administration, consider this. If (and I stress IF) we are on the verge of administration, our only hope of survival is to get back up this season. We cannot achieve this by breaking up the team, so the suggestion of selling Wes to reduce the debt while bringing no replacement(s) in is totally and utterly illogical. No player is irreplaceable ( believe me, I''ve seen many come and go in my years as a supporter) and Wes is not in the same league as players like Reeves and Phelan, believe me!

That said, I hope he stays, for his sake as well as ours, because I believe his confidence is fragile and he needs an environment where he feels valued.

I dont Feel We should sell Hoolahan at all

I know theres a Price on Every Player but it Would Have to be a Stupid offer To even Contemplate Selling

We could fetch 1.5 milion For him But i Personally would not sell at That Price

Although By lamberts Record at Colchester He could Put together a Pretty Good team For 1.5 million

It would take Double that To prise Him away ie.

Sammy Clingan To fulham In our Relgation battle - 1.5 million - Didnt Happen

Wes Hoolahan To Middlesborough in our Promotion battle - 1.5 million - Wont happen

3 million and City will take the Money and Run

Lots of silly talk. Too good for league 1 but not good enough for the premier. At the moment his valuation must be a maximum of £750 000. all this talk of millions is well wide of the mark

£600K tops, but worth far more to us than that.

I''ll go as far to say that if Wes goes out of the door then our promotion hopes go out of the window.

Oh perleeeeeease........

It''s Division Three standard for Christ''s sake.... and the only reason the likes of Holt and Co. are blossoming. No-one outside the average Div.2 sides would even look at him.

[quote user="Cluck the Purist...."]

Oh perleeeeeease........

It''s Division Three standard for Christ''s sake.... and the only reason the likes of Holt and Co. are blossoming. No-one outside the average Div.2 sides would even look at him.

[/quote]

Like Middlesborough then.

Sorry, got side tracked by

I would say that he is worth around 750k, and I would expect too much more, although he is far worth far more to us than him leaving. He is a very good league 2 player, but when it comes to the Chump, I don''t think that teams could have him in their team and he needs to play in the position he is to be effective and the Chump is far too tight and pacey for that.

[:O]

So you can see Middlesborough actually offering £3 Million. Jog on mate, they could get a much better player who actually scored goals, which arent pens.

[quote user="ricardo"]

£600K tops, but worth far more to us than that.

I''ll go as far to say that if Wes goes out of the door then our promotion hopes go out of the window.

[/quote]

Ricardo nails it as usual [;)]

He was "star man" for Blackpool for several seasons and never attracted big bids.  People with good memories may recall McVeigh being our star player for a few seasons before Hucks turned up- nice skills, a good few goals and assists, but i don`t think anyone seriously thought other clubs would pay millions for him.

[quote user="Lewie - Holt our saviour"][quote user="First Wazzock"]Daily Mail today values him at £400 000[/quote]Lol way too low to sell him for that much,I''d be happy with 3.5 million[/quote]

What planet are you on?

The simple matter is that hoolahan is worth far more to us then any transfer fee we would get. Potential transfer fees i would guess would range between 800k - 1.1 million depending on buyer. Wes after this season has only one year left on his contract, i really hope he stays and is offered a new deal by lambert because nobody can deny his contribution to the team.

I sincerely hope the vast majority of replies are jokes!

We''re a cash-strapped third-division side and I''d imagine anything more than £350k would be silly money. We bought him for £250k from a Championship side for which we was ''top man''.

However I rate him a lot and don''t want to see him go. We''re just not going to get two million pounds sterling for him

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"]I sincerely hope the vast majority of replies are jokes! We''re a cash-strapped third-division side and I''d imagine anything more than £350k would be silly money. We bought him for £250k from a Championship side for which we was ''top man''. However I rate him a lot and don''t want to see him go. We''re just not going to get two million pounds sterling for him[/quote]

But for the 250k clause he would have gone for more then a million.