Sign in to follow this  
The Doc

Worried !!!

Happens every transfer window, good players attract interest. Think yourslef lucky we have some good players this year!! They only go if the price is right and on our terms!

The way our team is playing atm, i would not be surprised if there was not interest in the majority of our side.May be from higher leagues, lower leagues, but the team is playing well, and for that we should get some notice, and people are going to notice players that have not lost many games in their last 12.

[quote user="Aussie_Canary"]

With January around the corner I''m worried about us selling our best players -

Holt

Doc

Hoolahan

Russell

[/quote]

Here we go again, hit the panic button, Lambert has said something and everyone starts to wet themselfs, No players will leave, unless he don''t want them Also who is going to match his price taggs on Wes and Holt, and if they do offer a good price why not? if it gives us the extra funds to bring in two or three extra players, At the end of the day they have a price they live to we turn up come wind rain or shine, they are only loyal to the wage packet (Hux EXCLUDED), In stead of panic lets just sit and see where we are come January, we could almost be promoted by then.      

[quote user="nu_matik"]a few months ago. doc has been well on form, like it or not...[/quote]

He''s the same player though. He hasn''t suddenly got more ability from a can of spinach as though he''s Popeye[;)]

I see the same player, agreed more confident and in better form, but the same abilities and faults as before. But he is what he is and he was what he was. And I agree that in both cases that''s one of our best players.

yes, maybe.. ive definately shouted expletives at doc from the stands, but things hve changed.. possibly the opposition given our change of league but whatever it is, he doesnt lok as bad.

[quote user="Aussie_Canary"]

Holt

Doc

Hoolahan

Russell

[/quote]Apart from Leeds where are most of them going to go.Doc and Russell both totally underperformed in the Championship last season thats why we go relegated. Holt has little pedigree at that level either. Hoolahan is a great asset in this league but we were all for giving him away last year as he failed time and again to compete with the strength and pace of the Championship.All are destined for Championship teams at best and I''m not talking Newcastle here but teams like Palace. Keep playing the way they are and they''re destined for the Championship anyway with a club that sell out every week.We''ll see but I''m not panicking yet!

[quote user="Hardhouse44"][quote user="Aussie_Canary"]

Holt

Doc

Hoolahan

Russell

[/quote]Apart from Leeds where are most of them going to go.Doc and Russell both totally underperformed in the Championship last season thats why we go relegated. Holt has little pedigree at that level either. Hoolahan is a great asset in this league but we were all for giving him away last year as he failed time and again to compete with the strength and pace of the Championship.All are destined for Championship teams at best and I''m not talking Newcastle here but teams like Palace. Keep playing the way they are and they''re destined for the Championship anyway with a club that sell out every week.We''ll see but I''m not panicking yet![/quote]We were?

Difference is, we''re in control this time, key players are under contract to us, and we have a manager keen not to sell this January. If we do sell, i''m confident with Lambert that he''ll bring someone else in. It''s about the team, and not about 1 or 2 players. Who''s to say Hoolahan or Holt wont break a leg tonight at Brighton... god forbid, but it happens sometimes, we just need to not worry about these things.

[quote user="First Wizard"]Lambert said he will fight tooth and nail to keep them......that''ll do for me.[/quote]

Couldn''t agree more mate.

[quote user="nu_matik"]a few months ago. doc has been well on form, like it or not...[/quote]

her certainly has... Askou and the Doc fill me with confidence, Askou and Nelson are an accident waiting to happen!

[quote user="Allez17"][quote user="Hardhouse44"][quote user="Aussie_Canary"]

Holt

Doc

Hoolahan

Russell

[/quote]
Apart from Leeds where are most of them going to go.

Doc and Russell both totally underperformed in the Championship last season thats why we go relegated. Holt has little pedigree at that level either. Hoolahan is a great asset in this league but we were all for giving him away last year as he failed time and again to compete with the strength and pace of the Championship.

All are destined for Championship teams at best and I''m not talking Newcastle here but teams like Palace. Keep playing the way they are and they''re destined for the Championship anyway with a club that sell out every week.

We''ll see but I''m not panicking yet!
[/quote]

We were?
[/quote]

We Were! [;)]