Sign in to follow this  
Archie

Svensson or Roberts

following on from the earlier thread who would you choose
i''d say svensson, especially after saying ''We are clearly a better team than Ipswich''.he obvioulsy knows his stuff

Agree I think Svensson needs to come on first, he need to show his full potential
and Roberts on the bench

A tricky poser here. Possibly Roberts for his experience and hold up skills. However, Sven has far superior pace and I know I bagged him on a previous post but maybe it''s time he started. I''m not going to judge a player until I''ve seen him properly and perhaps he should start against the Binners. Might run them ragged!

Roberts didn''t get near the ball for most of the headers against WBA. Have you noticed that although he''s three inches taller than Svensson, he barely gets off the ground and loses out in the air.

Svensson to start, he''s obviously desperate for it and Iwan''s had two anonymous games now.

No point in having competition for places if it is never used, Leon and Mattmust becoming increasingly frustrated.

Nigels undying faith in Iwan is misplaced, Svensson must start Sunday.

If Iwan comes from bench he will still have played and keep record of not losing to Binmen.

Whoever plays I''ll give them my 100% support.

Sven is ''up for it'' but Robbo would not let us down either.

Bring it on!

Svensson for sure: he was great against the Binners last time and he has all of Iwan''s attributes plus PACE! We can''t keep relying on Hucks being the only person up front. Look how toothless we were on Tues before Francis started pushing forward. Then when Sven came on we were a constant threat in and around the box, which gave Hucks and Mcveigh much more room to play. We are in danger of becoming a one-dimensional side again if we persist with the old war-horse up front.

Sven.

This is no time for sentiment. It''s time to get promoted.

You are our Svensson. Matthias Svensson.
You make us happy when skies are grey.
Like Iwan Roberts but a little younger.
Oh please don''t take our Svensson away......

Craig

Just a general observation from Tuesday''s game: when Svensson came on the fluency and speed of our attacks seemed to increase, not least because of his ability to lay off the ball into the space he sees others moving into, and he doesn''t always do what the opposition seem to think he will do. Another plus, as some have mentioned, is that he seems to be a real irritant to defenders and does win us free kicks in useful positions. Bearing in mind who we are playing on Sunday, I think he has earned a start, but I trust Worthy to do what he feels is best in the circumstances. After all, he hasn''t got it wrong very often lately, has he?

Did you see the change in the game against West Brom when Sven came on, hes got pace, wins stuff in the air, can hold it up and is creative

SVENSSON START!

looks like its unanimous, svensson to start for me aswell. very confident that he will. there needs to be atleast one change, possibly 3 if drury''s not fit.

I would give Svensson a start on sunday, would also consider giving mckenzie the nod and resting mcveigh, who has either been looking off colour or playing out of position in the last 2 games - might be latter which is the problem - seems the weakest link is down the right wing - harper filled that gap nicely, we need relief for Hucks with a 2nd channel into the box.

GIVE SVENSSON A RUN-OUT!!!

I still feel sorry for McKenzie as he is quality too.

But for me it has to be Hucks and Svensson up front against Ipswich.

svensson every time, he made the difference when he came on against the baggies and this is a must win game, of course it would be great for iwan to get his 100 goals, but promotion is the number one aim and we should remember that - hopefully NW will come to his decision considering that rather than an entry in the record books.

Iwan has been a loyal and unforgettable club servant, but we have to play our best team, this is our most important phase of the promotion push, and promotion is there for the taking, letting it go to help someone fufill a personal and professional milestone cannot happen, the club is, and always will be bigger than one player

Iwan might be able to create havoc amongst the lower sides in div one, but we must win against ipswich and huckerby needs the best we can provide alongside him, so it has to be svensson.

Green
Edworthy Malkay Flem Drury

Hucks Francis Holt Brennan

Leon Sven

With McVeigh getting hungry on the bench and Iwan itching to get that 100th against them we have two great subs.
Obviously according to everyone being fit.

If not above then straight swap with Sven and Iwan and same formation as against Baggies.

Why do posters insist on putting Huckerby in the middle, he is not a midfield player, it would be a disaster has he ever tried to track back, can he tackle, his distribution is limited.

Please Mote Huckerby does not play in midfield he is the outstandin forward, I repeat forward in this Division. Please stop suggesting he out to play there.

so a lot of votes for svensson midweek ... do we still think the same?

personally i dont think Svennson added anything and i believe Iwan has a more natural affinity with Huckerby

i be interested to see what Worthy does against Cardiff.

Not sure if I do think the same now, I was all up for svennson starting too, I''m still not sure! No one in the team came out of the first half with much credit so difficult to really decide if it was best or not. I still think he isn''t fully fit yet and, after all, robbo came on when the game was all but won anyway. Having said all that I''d start with robbo next week at cardiff!

yes svensson said after the game that he isnt fully fit yet and can''t play a full game. it''s a toughie. i think he had to play svensson today. i would give Svenno another start on saturday and bring iwan on on 60 minutes when the others are not as fresh.

Still not convinced about Svensson and at times he looked like a flying gazelle, similar in some respects to Abbey. I agree he can cause the defenders some problems but irrespective of how late Roberts came on you just felt that he would win the aerial challenges and hold the ball up for others to come into play. If Crouch were to come back again then the question wouldn''t need to be asked.

The difference between Svensson and Abbey is that Svensson gets in where it hurts. He didn''t play well on Sunday, but no worse that Roberts had been playing the previous couple of games - not getting airborne for the headers etc. He needs to do more though, to show he''s worth a starting place. Is Jarvis fit? If we win at Cardiff, and maintain the gap so the pressure''s off a bit, I''d bring him in with Huckerby, with McVeigh behind. If Hendo can start, why not Jarvis?

Svensson stays for me.

On Sunday the distribution from to both strikers was abysmal - the amount of quality ball to Svensson or Hux where they could actually collect the ball and take it or or bring another player into the game was negligible. As a result both strikers were anonymous, as were the majority of the yella shirts in the first half. With such poor delivery I fail to see what extra Iwan would have added in place of Sven.

In the second half a truer City appeared and balls started arriving to Sven at chest height or below allowing him to play in other players and take the ball himself, we also saw more of Hux. He may still be just short of match fitness but that is an excuse for a couple of games only. However I continue to see more from Sven for teh team to build around than in the latest Roberts games (the blades excepted) so would stick with the strike force of tomorrow than with yesterdays legend.

Leon can feel hard done by - against 10 men and a now dominant midfield sure the pace of Hux and Leon would have had a field day against the binners appalling back 4???

OTBC