Sign in to follow this  
Lambo

One of our promotion rivals made quite the coup at this level.

MK Dons have signed Nigel Quashie til January 3rd.

I know we''re not short on players at CM but I do think thats a bloody good signing for a League 1 side.

Not a massive fan of Quashie but at this level he''ll surely stand out, however his brief run out tonight is his first action this season, he must surely be well short of match-fitness and this could take a few weeks to build up.

He''s reportedly on £20,000 a week and if the club he''s loaned out to have to fork out for those kind of wages that would put us out of the reckoning anyway.

[quote user="Barry Brockes"]He''s reportedly on £20,000 a week and if the club he''s loaned out to have to fork out for those kind of wages that would put us out of the reckoning anyway.[/quote]

I read somwhere that Wet Sham are paying at least 19K of that.

[quote user="First Wizard"]According to him, he see''s this move as a route back into the reconing at Wet Spam[/quote]

If that is the case I am surprised he has opted for League 1.  I would have thought he would be better off going to somewhere in the lower half of the Championship (a level where he is more than good enough to make most teams starting eleven).  In fact, I would have thought he would have been the sort of player the binners might have looked at to give them a bit of experience in their often overrun midfield.