What is it with these guys at NCFC now.

I sit in the Barclay lower next to the Snakepit and have recently observed stewards at the Bolton game and most recently against Tottenham speak to memebers of the snakepit regarding standing. This normally appears to be when the fans are getting behind the team and I am sure that someone was ejected on Saturday by the little hitlers.

This is soon going to boil over as it is now the case that as soon as you stand a tango man will command you to return to a nice calm,quiet manner with your bum perched safely on a seat.

I would be interested in how the club feel we are able to get behind the team in a nice sedate seated manner, I for one cannot and would welcome the opportunity to determine other peoples feelings regarding this subject

MERRY XMAS EVERYBODY

Don''t get me started on this subject!!

It really annoys me that we pay all that money and yet we are being told what we can and cannot do with the seat!!

If someone behind me wants me to sit down so they can see the game then fair enough, I have no probs as I don''t want anyones enjoyment of the game to be spoilt however I don''t understand the safety issues involved in standing!!

Bunch of crap I say!! I think they are too over the top!! I understand that they have a job to do, but it only takes the slightest thing and they have a supervisor out and a person can end up out of the ground!!

I feel that there are bigger issues in football than this!!

i personally, would rather we all just stood up. im in the barclay and we cant stand up at all. when we got the pens against arsenal and pompey (not bolton) everyone was sitting down as hucks was about to take it! it was really annoying.

I am sure it only applies to supporters who consistently stand up throughout the match, otherwise had we scored against Spurs they would have had to eject the whole crowd, less the Spurs supporters.

Welcome to the Prem guys!!! The powers that be have probably issued guidelines to the club (with the threat of fines) on crowd behaviour. Now that we''re in the Prem we''re also on telly and you''ve got to sit down and shut up! How dare you enjoy yourself....what do you think this is ? a football match? No, you just sit there and behave yourself like the ''prawn sandwich '' brigade at Old Trafford or the Bridge. If you do manage a goal, a nice ripple of applause will suffice, we don''t want you getting all passionate and upsetting the opposing fans besides this isn''t the first division.If you want to enjoy yourself, might I suggest the local cinema?

The Snakepit stewards are by far the worst in the ground. Everytime the atmosphere starts to build and the crowd starts getting behind the team they all emerge from their hole and try to make everyone sit down. Standing should be optional in certain areas of the ground and no one can say it''s dangerous to stand during a football match... when was the last time there was a standing-related injury at Carrow Road, if ever?

Stand up, for the stewards!

Seriously though, there are certain areas of grounds where football fans want to stand up.  For us, thats the lower barclay and snake pit.  If people behind you are standing, thus you are not obstructing a view, why the hell can''t we stand.  Football atmosphere is so much better when we stand.  It gives a greater sense of solidarity and togetherness.  I''m all for standing at football.  There must be another 20,000 seats at Carrow Road where people who want to sit can.  Why can''t we have an area where we can stand?

The authorities say we can''t stand because of the safety issues involved - remember that the council threatened to close down parts of the ground if there was persistent ''standing'' - (sounds like a bloody crime).
However, it''s perfectly simple to create safe standing areas - just go to almost any other country in the Europe. Makes you think that for some reason they don''t wan''t football fans standing.
Why not?
Well, it''s a lot harder to identify people standing in a group than sitting in a seat which they are forced to buy under their name and also helps eliminates the ''group mentality'' that supposedly is at the root of football violence, making us all responsible individuals again.
I think its terrible - I hate sitting down to watch football - the group mentaity thing is part of what made watching football such a superb experience and its why crowds are now quieter than they''ve ever been.
The only solution is to keep demanding standing areas - the pressure will have to tell eventually. Isn''t there an organized group somewhere doing this?

i myself sit in the snake pit and i have to agree with all the comments made on this particular subject and really get p****d of with one particular steward and boy does he think he is the dogs n**s.i think that if you pay your money to watch a football match then as long as you are well behaved and there is no aggro you should be allowed to stand as long as the people behind do not mind ,and lets face it the most noise comes from the barclay and snakepit so what  difference does it make.i know these people have  a job to do but they are not police and as far as i can see they incite more trouble amongst the fans towards themselves by being exactly what somebody has already said (little hitlers). we need all the help we can get in this league and the team needs the supporters to get behind them and not spend most of the game being told what to do by power crazy people