Sign in to follow this  
Time to go Delia

McNamee

Norwich close in on Swindon transfer target

Norwich are closing in on the signing of Swindon winger Anthony McNamee.

The

ex-Watford trainee, 26, has emerged as one of the Robins’ key

performers in League One since joining in January 2008 from Vicarage

Road.

And Canaries boss Paul Lambert tried to sign the wide man earlier this season.

But he is now poised to finally get his man on loan ahead of a January transfer.

Probably digging up old dirt...mcnamee is a great little player...could easily play in the hoolahan role or on the wing, think hoolahan with less guile but more speed

[quote user="SimonOTBC"]Can''t see it happening personally. Swindon are well placed for the play offs at the moment, why would they let him come on loan now? Sell him in jan, maybe, on loan now, no.[/quote] It does say on loan now before a Jan transfer.

Yes I know. I didn''t say otherwise. I was simply casting doubt on whether they would do that, or if it would be preferable from their perspective to sell him in jan with no loan in advance. Guess we''ll see tomorrow, although I''m not expecting any action at carrow road

[quote user="SnakePit Lassy"]is it just me, or does anyone feel he was useless against norwich?[/quote]However, in the hands of Lambert... [;)]

Do you know something Wiz. I''m not one for the "I have heard" but was told at the game on Tuesday expect 3 signings this week, one of them Mcnamee.

Source? Good friend who works in local TV, covering Sport, has been right before, has been wrong a few times...

STFC fan in piece here. McNamee on his day is the most skillful little player in league 1 with a deadly ball in to the box.

However, he usually performs to this standard every 3 or 4 games at best. The reason why we would let him go is due to his inconsistency. He is also very 1 footed and lacks and real pace so goes past defeders on skill rather than his speed.

Also, I think he has only scored 3 or 4 goals for us in nearly 2 years. He is often too scared to shoot however, in recent games this seems to have changed slightly.

Summary, nice little player on his day but not enough of them. I would give him an average rating of 7 out of 10 at league level. He is replaceable in our squad.

Good luck for the rest of the season, apart from when we next meet). COYR!!!

[quote user="willo"]Do you know something Wiz. I''m not one for the "I have heard" but was told at the game on Tuesday expect 3 signings this week, one of them Mcnamee. Source? Good friend who works in local TV, covering Sport, has been right before, has been wrong a few times...[/quote]

Not really willo.

But like all National rags rumours they all tend to be rubbish.

A nice player though.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="willo"]Do you know something Wiz. I''m not one for the "I have heard" but was told at the game on Tuesday expect 3 signings this week, one of them Mcnamee. Source? Good friend who works in local TV, covering Sport, has been right before, has been wrong a few times...[/quote]

Not really willo.

[/quote]

That should be your stock answer to those type of questions.

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="First Wizard"]

Not really willo.

[/quote]

That should be your stock answer to those type of questions.

[/quote]

And dickhead..........would cover all our replies to your posts pal!