Sign in to follow this  
vos

When is someone going to praise Ian Culverhouse

Paul Lambert has proved to be a good manager. But surely more credit should go to Ian Culverhouse our principal coach. For the first time for several years you can see improvement in individual players. Many of these same players were very average last year.

Now we see players receive the ball and turn to leave their markers floundering, stepovers, good control and turning to switch the play to other side of the pitch, balls played inside the fullbacks, and speed and effort closing down the opposition.

I notice Ian is quick to see obvious problems and sorts them out. Last night for example I thought Korey Smith - a young player I admire - was beginning to be a bit slow in closing down the opposition probably due to tiredness towards the end. In a flash Ian replaced him with Hughes.

After having to put up with hopeless managers over recent years we are now seeing good attacking football. We must go up on this form.

[quote user="vos"]Paul Lambert has proved to be a good manager. But surely more credit should go to Ian Culverhouse our principal coach. For the first time for several years you can see improvement in individual players. Many of these same players were very average last year.

Now we see players receive the ball and turn to leave their markers floundering, stepovers, good control and turning to switch the play to other side of the pitch, balls played inside the fullbacks, and speed and effort closing down the opposition.

I notice Ian is quick to see obvious problems and sorts them out. Last night for example I thought Korey Smith - a young player I admire - was beginning to be a bit slow in closing down the opposition probably due to tiredness towards the end. In a flash Ian replaced him with Hughes.

After having to put up with hopeless managers over recent years we are now seeing good attacking football. We must go up on this form.[/quote]

Good man and well said an'' all that.But now we need a couple of decent wingers for the second half of the season for Culverhouse to coach and all that.....Half busying myself on ''watching this space'' (come January) and all that.

Bearing in mind he is "just a coach" who rarely gets the praise they deserve I think Ians efforts have rightly been acknowledged and praised on this board a couple of times already. 

It was good to hear Lambert praising his players and staff after another win and I agree that much of the skill, discipline and concentration is down to the coaching of Ian Culverhouse and Ian Crook as well. It''s great to see an effective passing game again, and they were two of the best at that for City. Well done both Ians!

Lambo, to his great credit, has heaped praise on Ian on several occasions - rightly so, of course. In fact, Lambo rather modestly never seems to accept the plaudits all for himself. He always gives credit to the "terrific" fan base, Ian Culverhouse and the players themselves. It''s a wonder that he doesn''t go so far as to thank Gunny and Deehan for leaving him such a "terrrific" squad of players to deal with lol!

Having said all that, isn''t it rather early to dish out praise to anybody at the club yet? Team Lambert hasn''t achieved anything yet. Mind you, I''m fairly optimistic that this will be a good year for a pleasant change.

[quote user="Pablo Picarsole"]It''s a wonder that he doesn''t go so far as to thank Gunny and Deehan for leaving him such a "terrrific" squad of players to deal with lol![/quote]

Oh, God; you''ll get Bob Franklin started!