Sign in to follow this  
Hucka Hucka Huckerby

Russell Martin

Great signing IMO, Solid, dependable and can cover other positions if need be.

Welcome to the club Russell.

[quote user="Scooby"][quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="Scooby"][quote user="Beauseant"]

Just spoke to my mate who''s a Posh fan. Apparently Martin is a very solid player with good distribution. He''s not the bombing on type but does a good job with minimal fuss. He was their skipper and was excellent in the promotion season.

Interestingly, Posh have apparently just sent their other promotion winning fullback, Williams, to QPR on loan.

[/quote]

Only one problem I can see Beau.  If Lambo''s going to stick to the diamond then we need a bombing on type.  I think he''ll stick with Semi, especially after last nights performance, and use Martin as backup (unless of course, Semi goes to sleep again).

[/quote]

Why is everyone convinced Semi played well last night? He was average at best and whilst for one he did not cost us a goal he was far from convincing. If lambert is bringing a right back in i very much suspect it will be to replace Semi. I agree though with our formation right back is an outlet and if Martin does not get forward it may constrain us. Maybe we''ll play Martin away in the games where we need to keep it a bit tighter and Semi in other games.

[/quote]

Erm?? Because Semi was excellent last night.  Very solid in defence for a change and still got forward.

[/quote]

As I said before never fails to amaze me how people watching the same game can have such differings views on a player''s performance because I certainly did not think he was excellent but there you go!

Having seen many Peterborough games last season, reading many reports and listening to other posh fans i can give you one word that describes him well, s**t. He is a defender that can''t defend, he is constantly getting skined. He offers very little going forward, and is very slow. The only reason he was captain was because the normal captain Craig Morgan was injured and because Darren Ferguson was in love with him. Every posh fan wanted him out of the team, thankgod fergie was sacked because obviously Mark Cooper has some sense. Thankyou so much for taking him off us, thankyou.

[quote user="cameron"]Having seen many Peterborough games last season, reading many reports and listening to other posh fans i can give you one word that describes him well, s**t. He is a defender that can''t defend, he is constantly getting skined. He offers very little going forward, and is very slow. The only reason he was captain was because the normal captain Craig Morgan was injured and because Darren Ferguson was in love with him. Every posh fan wanted him out of the team, thankgod fergie was sacked because obviously Mark Cooper has some sense. Thankyou so much for taking him off us, thankyou.[/quote]

Sounds a bit like The Doc then and I''m glad we still have him[;)]

[quote user="Nuff Said"]But why isn''t he playing for Posh??? If it''s on form, that has to be a concern, no?
[/quote]

Maybe we''ve made them an offer they can''t refuse!

Relax, Lambert knows what he''s doing.

[quote user="Nuff Said"]But why isn''t he playing for Posh??? If it''s on form, that has to be a concern, no?
[/quote]

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="Nuff Said"]But why isn''t he playing for Posh??? If it''s on form, that has to be a concern, no?[/quote]

[/quote]what if he gets it wrong?

From what I''ve heard he was fantastic for the first half of last season and then changed into an awful full back about christmas time.

[quote user="NCFC_Thain"]From what I''ve heard he was fantastic for the first half of last season and then changed into an awful full back about christmas time.[/quote]Allergic to sprouts?

The Posh fans on their bulletin board suggest that he can pass the ball well, which is something that Otsi is not so hot at - remember the bad pass that started the 7-1 drubbing?He could be useful if he is good defensively and if we sign a fast winger, and he could be useful, like Spillane in being ableto play i other positions..I welcome the signing most of all because PL and team know him and his abilities..

[quote user="cameron"]Having seen many Peterborough games last season, reading many reports and listening to other posh fans i can give you one word that describes him well, s**t. He is a defender that can''t defend, he is constantly getting skined. He offers very little going forward, and is very slow. The only reason he was captain was because the normal captain Craig Morgan was injured and because Darren Ferguson was in love with him. Every posh fan wanted him out of the team, thankgod fergie was sacked because obviously Mark Cooper has some sense. Thankyou so much for taking him off us, thankyou.[/quote]

Spoke to a mate who is a Peterborough fan today and he reckons he will be ok for us. Time will tell....... [;)]

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[quote user="First Wizard"]As he hasn''t been cup tied its almost certainly a permanent signing.[/quote]

I think you are right with that, given that he can play in the JPT and the FA Cup.

[/quote]It''s my thinking also, not because of the cups, but because of the photos with a shirt and press conference,  seems a lot of farting about for a 6 week loan.

I think this could be an interesting signing for PL. I hope it doesn''t turn out to be a Brellier/striavaka signing when all the usual got excited about

a no mark they knew mouth about!

Last season i saw posh play quite a few games and Mr Martin is a decent player.........i rate him high and i think he will be an asset in the squad

[quote user="Arthur Im a daft racist pensioner Whittle"]I think this could be an interesting signing for PL.[/quote]"I’m a daft racist pensioner"

I didn''t realise you were a pensioner Arthur! [;)]

Ahh, so the man who somehow took you to two consecutive promotions from League two to the championship rated someone, and we should trust your opinion over him ... why?

Just the fact that you appear to be happy to have got rid of Furgeson shows how little you know about football. That is possibly the worst footballing decision I have ever heard. (unless, of course, it wasn''t a decision and furgeson left for other reasons ...) He will go onto bigger and better things. You, on the other hand, will be going back down the leagues to where you belong.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]I think this could be an interesting signing for PL. I hope it doesn''t turn out to be a Brellier/striavaka signing when all the usual got excited about

a no mark they knew mouth about![/quote]

Everyone hopes that! The fact he has played for Lambert before probably makes it less likely.

[quote user="Arthur Im a daft racist pensioner Whittle"]And what about Martin Lapps? [/quote]Is he a pensioner too Arthur? Good job we''ve only got him on loan. [:D]

I have ntoiced that his loan spell finishes on his 24th birthday... surely there must be something in this with the Bosman ruling for players over 23 years of age?

Dad lives near peterborough, been to see them play a few times and he honestly does look like a solid right back, looked willing to get forward,led by example and the fans there really seemed to take to him.

A good, solid signing.

Again... those worried by Posh fans slagging him off should remember Exeter fans were saying Matt Gill was the greatest player they''ve had and will dominate games from the midfield, now unless i''ve been watching a different Norwich City to you all this season then we all know the only real way to judge a new signing is to see how they play in a Norwich City shirt.