Sign in to follow this  
Beauseant

Looks like there are big problems at Charlton

I wouldn''t wish financial problems on anyone (possibly with the exception of the binners) but it''s got to be good news for us if it happens.

Anyone remember this story from the start of the season? (link below) I’m sure there was speculation that the £7 million from the directors was just to keep Charlton afloat, and none of the money would be used to strengthen the squad. Maybe it is a “Skint Charlton” story to make other clubs think that they’ve got none of this £7 million to spend? Or maybe now that takeover they were hoping for has fallen though they really are broke. Who knows.

http://www.charltonathletic-mad.co.uk/news/loadnews.asp?cid=TMNW&id=464408

[quote user="First Wizard"]

Unlike little colly fans, I take no comfort from other clubs issues.

[/quote]Thing is as well Wiz, if Charlton ARE close to administration, then how can we possibly not be? Two fairly similar clubs in all reality...

[quote user="I.S."][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]Thing is as well Wiz, if Charlton ARE close to administration, then how can we possibly not be? Two fairly similar clubs in all reality...[/quote]Could be a number of reasons I guess. I think the difference may be that Charlton were an established Prem team when they went down, whereas we were not. I''m pretty sure their wage bill would have been higher and they''ve not really sold anyone of late for particularly high value. At least we got a few K for Marshall, Earnshaw and such.

[quote user="I.S."][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

Thing is as well Wiz, if Charlton ARE close to administration, then how can we possibly not be? Two fairly similar clubs in all reality...
[/quote]

Well IS, Delia always claimed that we followed the Charlton model didn''t she?[;)]

That Mirror article is total nonsense. It is an established FACT (certified by the CGFPA) that Norwich City is the ONLY club in English football unable to find investment. It is simply impossible that Charlton has not been bought. Therefore the whole story falls down.

I read somewhere that Gold and Sullivan will be looking at them if a Westspam does not go through. press speculation but I think that they want to stay in the London area.

Charlton are in a worse state than us but they have a couple of players who could fetch a fair whack, we don''t really, well a bit for Hoolahoop and Holt.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]That Mirror article is total nonsense. It is an established FACT (certified by the CGFPA) that Norwich City is the ONLY club in English football unable to find investment. It is simply impossible that Charlton has not been bought. Therefore the whole story falls down.[/quote]

[:D]

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="I.S."][quote user="First Wizard"]

Unlike little colly fans, I take no comfort from other clubs issu

es.

[/quote]

Thing is as well Wiz, if Charlton ARE close to administration, then how can we possibly not be? Two fairly similar clubs in all reality...
[/quote]

Well IS, Delia always claimed that we followed the Charlton model didn''t she?[;)]

[/quote]

No comfort from other clubs issues unless they suit your agenda. Then you''re "in there" likE a "rat up a drainpipe"[:O]

[;)]

es.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No comfort from other clubs issues unless they suit your agenda. Then you''re "in there" likE a "rat up a drainpipe"[:O]

[;)]

es.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[;)]

If Charlton do go into administration it will be debt for new stands and land which has done it.  Let`s hope Bowkett and McNally have been brought in in time to stop the same happening to us.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]That Mirror article is total nonsense. It is an established FACT (certified by the CGFPA) that Norwich City is the ONLY club in English football unable to find investment. It is simply impossible that Charlton has not been bought. Therefore the whole story falls down.[/quote]

Minor correction to your FACT; Norwich are the only debt-ridden league one club not looking for new owners.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]That Mirror article is total nonsense. It is an established FACT (certified by the CGFPA) that Norwich City is the ONLY club in English football unable to find investment. It is simply impossible that Charlton has not been bought. Therefore the whole story falls down.[/quote]I should have explained that the CGFPA-certified FACT that we are the ONLY club to fail to find investment is almost certainly due to our share price being way too LOW. With Arsenal shares changing hands at £8,500 it is obvious the £30 figure needs to be vastly increased. We are selling ourselves short AGAIN!!!

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]If Charlton do go into administration it will be debt for new stands and land which has done it.  Let`s hope Bowkett and McNally have been brought in in time to stop the same happening to us.[/quote]

Lot of "ifs" and "hopes" there.... but it''s an interesting scenario none the less Mr Carrow[Y]

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]If Charlton do go into administration it will be debt for new stands and land which has done it.[/quote]Yep. Couldn''t be anything else could it?

Preston lost over £9m this year. Have they just bought a new stand too?

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="I.S."][quote user="First Wizard"]

es.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[;)]

[/quote]

My agenda? your Nuttiness.

I''m a born again Wizard, I no longer do agendas![:P]

[quote user="First Wizard"]

I''m a born again Wizard, I no longer do agendas![:P]

[/quote]

Did that start with this post[:^)]

[;)]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]That Mirror article is total nonsense. It is an established FACT (certified by the CGFPA) that Norwich City is the ONLY club in English football unable to find investment. It is simply impossible that Charlton has not been bought. Therefore the whole story falls down.[/quote]I should have explained that the CGFPA-certified FACT that we are the ONLY club to fail to find investment is almost certainly due to our share price being way too LOW. With Arsenal shares changing hands at £8,500 it is obvious the £30 figure needs to be vastly increased. We are selling ourselves short AGAIN!!![/quote]Another FACT from the CGFPA - share price has a direct meaning and can be to high/low regardless of how many shares there are!With the corrolary: "Norwich would be cheaper to buy with a share price of £1 even if there were 31 times as many shares."Evidence, the widely expressed feeling that:  Birmingham''s £1 a share takeover is a good deal and represents the owners prepared sell cheap for the good of the club, while our share price of £30 is unreasonableand represents owners milking the club for all they can get and being greeedy at the expense of the club.  It also shows that our owners value our club much higher than birmingham!My own fag packet back calculations from total valuations give these figures for # of shares: Brimingham City ~81,510,000 shares : Norwich City: ~ 533,333 shares

[quote user="lappinitup"]

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]If Charlton do go into administration it will be debt for new stands and land which has done it.[/quote]Yep. Couldn''t be anything else could it?

[/quote]In fact, yes they have...  or atleast there was a gaping hole along one side of their stadium 2 years ago which is not there now.I think they brought it the year before those figures though.

[quote user="Bexley"]Burnley lost £11m last year too. Expensive game this football malarky.[/quote]

The binners lost £10million but their consolation is that although they owe £35m in total it''s not ''too any financial institution.'' I wonder who they owe it too then [:O]

[quote user="lappinitup"]

[/quote]

Yes. 

[quote user="The Walking Man walking to Yeovil"]

[quote user="Bexley"]Burnley lost £11m last year too. Expensive game this football malarky.[/quote]

The binners lost £10million but their consolation is that although they owe £35m in total it''s not ''too any financial institution.'' I wonder who they owe it too then [:O]

[/quote]

Ipswich no longer works with institutions if restitutions are required.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="The Walking Man walking to Yeovil"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

It''s part of their constitution but will leave them in a state of destitution.

[quote user="Houston Canary"][quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="The Walking Man walking to Yeovil"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

It''s part of their constitution but will leave them in a state of destitution.

[/quote]How dare you mention that ablution, their existence is a mere pollution !