Sign in to follow this  
Matt Morriss

Idiot Dad of 'Jack' on Canary Call

Just wanted to air my anger at the idiot Dad on canary call last night prompting his son Jack. You could hear him in the background, and Neil Adams commented on it.He was prompting his son to say '''' we need another right back '''' and '''' Otsemobor is rubbish ''''.This clown obviously wasnt at the match last night, and yes Semmy has had his periods of rubbishness but last night he was excellent and it infuriates me when ''fans'' slate players from the comfort of there armchairs.I dont listen to anyones opinion on City if they dont actually go to Carrow Road.

Yes he was a tad annoying, it''s almost like the young lad didn''t have an opinion of his own.

And to the dad if you read this, if you want to comment then make the call yourself, don''t make a glove puppet out of your son lol

Was listening to this on the way home - frustrated both myself and my mate, as do a lot of people on canary call.

I personally thought semmy played well last night. His heading has defitnately improved considerably which impressed me.

I was at the match.. and wouldnt say semmy played that well. i thought he kept drifting into the middle instead of marking his own man. Drury on the other hand stayed in his postion, and done an excellent job.

[quote user="Barclayman"]Just wanted to air my anger at the idiot Dad on canary call last night prompting his son Jack. You could hear him in the background, and Neil Adams commented on it.

He was prompting his son to say '''' we need another right back '''' and '''' Otsemobor is rubbish ''''.

This clown obviously wasnt at the match last night, and yes Semmy has had his periods of rubbishness but last night he was excellent and it infuriates me when ''fans'' slate players from the comfort of there armchairs.

I dont listen to anyones opinion on City if they dont actually go to Carrow Road.
[/quote]

This really isn''t the best place for you to hang out then[:O]

[;)]

[quote user="SnakePit Lassy"]I was at the match.. and wouldnt say semmy played that well. i thought he kept drifting into the middle instead of marking his own man. Drury on the other hand stayed in his postion, and done an excellent job.[/quote]Your so wrong, last night was the best Semmy has played all season, for once he actually looked confident and comfortable. Won a lot of headers that he never used to, defended well and got forward a lot and combined with Smith and Martin.He put in a lot of good crosses that actually found a yellow shirt and a lot of good low forward passes infield to the strikers feet. All in all an excellent performance, gave the ball away a couple of times but this was outdone with a lot of good stuff.

[quote user="SnakePit Lassy"]I was at the match.. and wouldnt say semmy played that well. i thought he kept drifting into the middle instead of marking his own man. Drury on the other hand stayed in his postion, and done an excellent job.[/quote]

Although, in general terms, playing fullback isn''t necessarily about marking your man. Sometimes you have to tuck in, mark space etc etc

[quote user="Barclayman"][quote user="SnakePit Lassy"]I was at the match.. and wouldnt say semmy played that well. i thought he kept drifting into the middle instead of marking his own man. Drury on the other hand stayed in his postion, and done an excellent job.[/quote]Your so wrong, last night was the best Semmy has played all season, for once he actually looked confident and comfortable. Won a lot of headers that he never used to, defended well and got forward a lot and combined with Smith and Martin.He put in a lot of good crosses that actually found a yellow shirt and a lot of good low forward passes infield to the strikers feet. All in all an excellent performance, gave the ball away a couple of times but this was outdone with a lot of good stuff.

[/quote]

totally agree with you. best i''ve seen him play in a while

never listen to these phone in show evreyone that rings in are pretty much an idiot, they either talk bolloxs or tell you what you already know

[quote user="Barclayman"][quote user="SnakePit Lassy"]I was at the match.. and wouldnt say semmy played that well. i thought he kept drifting into the middle instead of marking his own man. Drury on the other hand stayed in his postion, and done an excellent job.[/quote]

Your so wrong, last night was the best Semmy has played all season, for once he actually looked confident and comfortable. Won a lot of headers that he never used to, defended well and got forward a lot and combined with Smith and Martin.

He put in a lot of good crosses that actually found a yellow shirt and a lot of good low forward passes infield to the strikers feet. All in all an excellent performance, gave the ball away a couple of times but this was outdone with a lot of good stuff.

[/quote]

Agree. There were times when he seemed to switch off and try to play the ball (what seemed lazily) with the outside of his boot. That was my only complaint of his play last night. He did this three or four times but you could see his idea of playing it in this way was so he could run round the other side of the player and get the return on his way. He just didn''t seem to think this through and just tapped it expecting it to come off. Other than that, thought it was a very good performance on his behalf.

I agree that they need to make space and things, but he made so much ''space'' that on numerous occasions, Korey Smith had to come back to take semmys place.

But hey. Opinions are opinions.

Semmy was far from "excellent" last night. He was not as bad as he has been and won some decent tackles.  However he was easily the weakest defender,  did not get forward enough and was wasteful with possession, getting worse as the game went on.

It summed things up for me in the the first half when Semmy was facing our byline,  the winger he was stood next to to him recived the ball with his back to the byline,  flicked the ball over his head turned and collected the ball before Semmy had even reacted.  he wsa facing the wrong way, did not compete for the ball, then reacted slowly to the danger he was directly facing...  It did not cost us a goal but its that sort of defensive ineptitude that will cost us at some stage.

A new right back is needed - so well done team lambert on the signing  

[quote user="SnakePit Lassy"]I was at the match.. and wouldnt say semmy played that well. i thought he kept drifting into the middle instead of marking his own man. Drury on the other hand stayed in his postion, and done an excellent job.[/quote]

Adam was, of course, excellent again, apart from the obvious 10 miute spell in the second half when he "passed" the ball straight to a Brighton player 3 times....oooops.  Very un-Adam-like.  Semi was however, excellent last night.  Credit where credit is due.

I thought the best bit of his call was their reason for not rating Otsemobor. When asked about Francomb and Spillane, the guys dad said (and the son repeated) "Yeah they''re good, but Otsemobor''s not quick enough"...

Out of all the things they could have criticized him for, they chose his pace ....

[:|]

He is simply not good enough, he doesn''t tackle, loses concentration very easily, dithers on the ball, doesn''t apply aggression when necessary, seems to lack positional awareness, his head goes down very easily and I would suspect lacks the required mental toughness for a professional footballer.

I wasn''t at the game last night, so I don''t know if Otsemobor did actually put in an improved performance. But a cynic might sugest that IF he did then it might have been because he knew that Russell Martin had either turned up at Carrow Road yesterday or was on his way, in time for this morning''s medical. But only a cynic...

[quote user="Barclayman"][quote user="SnakePit Lassy"]I was at the match.. and wouldnt say semmy played that well. i thought he kept drifting into the middle instead of marking his own man. Drury on the other hand stayed in his postion, and done an excellent job.[/quote]Your so wrong, last night was the best Semmy has played all season, for once he actually looked confident and comfortable. Won a lot of headers that he never used to, defended well and got forward a lot and combined with Smith and Martin.He put in a lot of good crosses that actually found a yellow shirt and a lot of good low forward passes infield to the strikers feet. All in all an excellent performance, gave the ball away a couple of times but this was outdone with a lot of good stuff.

[/quote]It was the best performance Semmy has put in for a while not still not good enough to cut it at a higher level. The fact this was his best performance shows how poor a player he actually is and that we need to replace him soon. Defensively he is very poor and he rarely gets forward and his attitude is an absolute disgrace. As for his pace that some people think is outstanding, he can run very fast for about 30m every game and then he is spent and wingers just go past him like he isn''t there. It''s a good thing Lambert has brought in Martin hopefully we won''t be seeing much more of Jon.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

Semmy was far from "excellent" last night. He was not as bad as he has been and won some decent tackles.  However he was easily the weakest defender,  did not get forward enough and was wasteful with possession, getting worse as the game went on.

It summed things up for me in the the first half when Semmy was facing our byline,  the winger he was stood next to to him recived the ball with his back to the byline,  flicked the ball over his head turned and collected the ball before Semmy had even reacted.  he wsa facing the wrong way, did not compete for the ball, then reacted slowly to the danger he was directly facing...  It did not cost us a goal but its that sort of defensive ineptitude that will cost us at some stage.

A new right back is needed - so well done team lambert on the signing  

[/quote]A very one sided opinion Zipper. Youve chosen to remember only Semmy''s errors last night, and and forgotten the numerous crosses and quick and accurate forward passes to the strikers. He won a lot of timely headers and his link up play with Smith and Martin was excellent at times. Yes he gave the ball away and there was one incident of defensive positional calamity but he did far more good stuff than bad. Some of his crosses and low passes were top notch.

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]

I thought the best bit of his call was their reason for not rating Otsemobor. When asked about Francomb and Spillane, the guys dad said (and the son repeated) "Yeah they''re good, but Otsemobor''s not quick enough"...

Out of all the things they could have criticized him for, they chose his pace ....

[/quote]What a fool, clearly never set foot in Carrow Road then! Semmy is without doubt the quickest player outside the premier league and id say would be up there with the quickest players in football full stop. We dont often see his pace, but if you watch him a lot when he is sprinting you can see he''s not exerting himself and has another gear or two in him.I once saw him chase a lost cause from the half way line, looked certain to go out for a goal kick but Semmy caught it, he was flyin and i couldnt believe how fast he was.

[quote user="Fabregas- Poor Mans Ian Crook"][quote user="Barclayman"][quote user="SnakePit Lassy"]I was at the match.. and wouldnt say semmy played that well. i thought he kept drifting into the middle instead of marking his own man. Drury on the other hand stayed in his postion, and done an excellent job.[/quote]Your so wrong, last night was the best Semmy has played all season, for once he actually looked confident and comfortable. Won a lot of headers that he never used to, defended well and got forward a lot and combined with Smith and Martin.He put in a lot of good crosses that actually found a yellow shirt and a lot of good low forward passes infield to the strikers feet. All in all an excellent performance, gave the ball away a couple of times but this was outdone with a lot of good stuff.

[/quote]It was the best performance Semmy has put in for a while not still not good enough to cut it at a higher level. The fact this was his best performance shows how poor a player he actually is and that we need to replace him soon. Defensively he is very poor and he rarely gets forward and his attitude is an absolute disgrace. As for his pace that some people think is outstanding, he can run very fast for about 30m every game and then he is spent and wingers just go past him like he isn''t there. It''s a good thing Lambert has brought in Martin hopefully we won''t be seeing much more of Jon.[/quote]Utter bollocksRarely do i see opposition wingers beat him for pace, and if his attitute was an ''absolute disgrace'' Lambert wouldnt have in the team would he!! When Russell''s attitude dropped he was forced to train on his own so dont think Semmy has the same problem do you?

I know Jacks dad as i work with him and he rang me straight after canary call to see if i was tuned in . First of all JACK is a young lad and once live on the radio his dad said he went blank faced so prompt him with what jack origonally wanted to say. Hes a young lad so who can blame him. Secondly he said otsemobor is rubbish. Didnt say it wasnt his best performance. I sit lower barclay and i certainly am not a fan of semmy. Im fully behind all or players on match day but i agree that he lacks in almost all areas of defending. As for pace....... Usain Bolt would make a good defender would he, because hes quick? Semmy normally shows us his pace when he is cleaning up his own mistakes. Front page of pinkun explains where one of our problem areas if ''oh'' lamberts got a rightback suprise suprise

[quote user="Barclayman"] I dont listen to anyones opinion on City if they dont actually go to Carrow Road.[/quote]So because I don''t get to many home games my opinion isn''t valid?Do you get to many away games? If you don''t is your opinion then not as valid as mine

I don''t think he uses his pace enough. There were a few loose balls that i thought if he sprinted he would have got to and dealt with but got beat to the ball because he just couldn''t be bothered.

[quote user="Barclayman"][quote user="Fabregas- Poor Mans Ian Crook"][quote user="Barclayman"][quote user="SnakePit Lassy"]I was at the match.. and wouldnt say semmy played that well. i thought he kept drifting into the middle instead of marking his own man. Drury on the other hand stayed in his postion, and done an excellent job.[/quote]Your so wrong, last night was the best Semmy has played all season, for once he actually looked confident and comfortable. Won a lot of headers that he never used to, defended well and got forward a lot and combined with Smith and Martin.He put in a lot of good crosses that actually found a yellow shirt and a lot of good low forward passes infield to the strikers feet. All in all an excellent performance, gave the ball away a couple of times but this was outdone with a lot of good stuff.

[/quote]It was the best performance Semmy has put in for a while not still not good enough to cut it at a higher level. The fact this was his best performance shows how poor a player he actually is and that we need to replace him soon. Defensively he is very poor and he rarely gets forward and his attitude is an absolute disgrace. As for his pace that some people think is outstanding, he can run very fast for about 30m every game and then he is spent and wingers just go past him like he isn''t there. It''s a good thing Lambert has brought in Martin hopefully we won''t be seeing much more of Jon.[/quote]Utter bollocksRarely do i see opposition wingers beat him for pace, and if his attitute was an ''absolute disgrace'' Lambert wouldnt have in the team would he!! When Russell''s attitude dropped he was forced to train on his own so dont think Semmy has the same problem do you?

[/quote]If his attitude is fine then why after a game last season was he asked to do an interview and he replied, No, I can''t be arsed. He is nonchalant and lazy. The model Professional.

He ...won some decent tackles

How is that one sided?  I did  not list all his good  bits of play but neither did I list ALL his bad bits.

It WAS one of his better games (from a confirmed commentator off the he should never wear a shirt for us again type) but Drury, Askou and Doc all had far better games, made fewer errors, misplaced fewer passes and attacked better.

Martin signing is def a good thing

I think you''ll find that Semmy''s better games are when we are clearly on top. Yes he has a fantastic turn of pace when he can be bothered. But defensively he is the weakest link. I do not think that he is the brightest light in the box and when given too much time to think about a pass he invariably fluffs it. He is best playing instinctively, one touch going forward, and yes he can put a good cross in. But, his days are numbered unless he can start doing what Drury does on the opposite side and what Spillane will surely do when he is back to fitness. When was Semmy last interviewed for Canaries World or BBC Norfolk...it would be nice to get a sense of his commitment and aspirations for the club.

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]

[/quote]

I dont dislike JO, but I believe that bloke was referring to his time on the ball / decision speed, rather than his running pace, and if so, I agree, Otsemobor does need kicking into gear sometimes....