Sign in to follow this  
Albyella

Delia on 5-Live

Around 13:30 on 5-Live - probably about her new book, but could be worth a listen as they are sure to talk about NCFC - hope she has stayed out of the hospitality suite...!!

Talking about NCFC she said that she was quite enjoying life in League one, and she would rather go to somewhere like Hartlepool than go to Chelsea!!!!!

[quote user="methcanary"]Talking about NCFC she said that she was quite enjoying life in League one, and she would rather go to somewhere like Hartlepool than go to Chelsea!!!!![/quote]Was this a clever way of selling her Xmas single - a cover of "I don''t want to go to Chelsea" by Elvis Costello ?How did Ferrari miss that marketing opportunity ? [;)]

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="methcanary"]Talking about NCFC she said that she was quite enjoying life in League one, and she would rather go to somewhere like Hartlepool than go to Chelsea!!!!![/quote]

Was this a clever way of selling her Xmas single - a cover of "I don''t want to go to Chelsea" by Elvis Costello ?

How did Ferrari miss that marketing opportunity ? [;)]
[/quote]LOL!!!

[quote user="Barbecued Bushmeat"]Lil ol'' Norwich[/quote]I thought that she came across as confident, witty and articulate and I thought that her answers about the club were enthusiastic but sensible and if not rehearsed had certainly been talked through so that her responses were measured.  

[quote user="methcanary"]Talking about NCFC she said that she was quite enjoying life in League one, and she would rather go to somewhere like Hartlepool than go to Chelsea!!!!![/quote]

Just about sums up her ambitions

Norwich Doing well and who''s little head should pop up?!?!?!

you couldnt make it up could you.

where was she after charlton last year?

[quote user="methcanary"]Talking about NCFC she said that she was quite enjoying life in League one, and she would rather go to somewhere like Hartlepool than go to Chelsea!!!!![/quote]

Jeez! that makes me fu*king angry![:@]

[quote user="methcanary"]Talking about NCFC she said that she was quite enjoying life in League one, and she would rather go to somewhere like Hartlepool than go to Chelsea!!!!![/quote]In fairness purely in terms of away trips, I prefer going to the smaller grounds its been more fun than last season anyway. Obviously I''d rather we were in the premier league or at least championship.

Am I missing something or doesn''t she have the right to be on the tv and radio promoting her new series, afterall, she is a tv chef.

Also, regarding enjoying trips to hartlepool more than Chelsea, is this so wrong?

At least it seems like real football, unlike getting stuffed by a load of multi millionaires.

[quote user="shortfatb"][quote user="Barbecued Bushmeat"]Lil ol'' Norwich
[/quote]

I thought that she came across as confident, witty and articulate and I thought that her answers about the club were enthusiastic but sensible and if not rehearsed had certainly been talked through so that her responses were measured.  
[/quote]

Obviously kept her away from the hospitality suit[<:o)]

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]Well, do you want here to sell lots of books at Xmas, so that she can continue to chuck another million on the fire, or don''t you ?January could be cold without those book sales.

For goodness sake some of you would criticise Delia for whatever stance she took. If she started talking about playing at Chelsea or Manchester United you would still have a go. I''ll admit to sometimes cringing when she talks about Norwich but on this occasion I thought the embaresment factor was fairly low, and at no point did I think she came across as talking about little Norwich.

I would also agree with other posters if this gives her more money to invest in the club then lets have her on the telly or radio more often. I was also encouraged by her comments about a lack of day to day involvement.

If the new series and book are successful and make her a few quid, then good for her. That is what TV chefs do. If she chooses to put the profits into the club this time then that would be brilliant. If she chooses not to then fair enough. If she were to read what SOME people write on here, who could blame her?

ND

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

It''s like those weather houses Jas...

Delia comes out when the sunshines and Smudger comes out when it rains[;)]

[quote user="First Wizard"]

Jeez! that makes me fu*king angry![:@]

[/quote]

Clean your mouth out Wizard. You''re too old to display those kid-like antics.

[quote user="Marty"]Am I missing something or doesn''t she have the right to be on the tv and radio promoting her new series, afterall, she is a tv chef. Also, regarding enjoying trips to hartlepool more than Chelsea, is this so wrong? At least it seems like real football, unlike getting stuffed by a load of multi millionaires.[/quote]

Fly into Tees-side Airport after 45 minute flight - and around a 30 minute drive to Victoria Park Hartlepool.....as opposed to 5+ hours on club cabbage, or in a car....and the same return trip home.

Yeah....I suppose that''s OK.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

I''d say she has probably gone a lot further towards meeting some of her ambitions than most of us that post on this forum.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

I''d say she has probably gone a lot further towards meeting some of her ambitions than most of us that post on this forum.

[/quote]

Including you....

[quote user="paul moy"]Delia is on The One Show right now on BBC1  !!  [:D][/quote]

I see she''s doing her bit for global warming.....Stopping evening floodlit reserve games is a most excellent start...

Now, using a Cessna Citation, or a plush executive twin turbo-prop for away games, should really be the next thing to be addressed.

[quote user="glove1"]football / norwich not mentioned at all yet[/quote]

I''m surprised Baggy Adrian hasn''t mentioned the ''Lesh be ''avin you!''

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[quote user="glove1"]football / norwich not mentioned at all yet[/quote]

I''m surprised Baggy Adrian hasn''t mentioned the ''Lesh be ''avin you!''

[/quote]Trivial fact: Adrian Childs is #15 on my "People I''d like to punch in the face" list.