Sign in to follow this  
Scooby

Disgusted!

I have to say that I was absolutely disgusted at the booing directed towards Theoklitis when his name was read out before kick off.  No matter what your thoughts are regarding his goalkeeping abilities, or lack of them, he is first and foremost a Norwich City player!!  What anyone thinks will be achieved by this pathetic display of extemely childish behaviour is beyond me.  What these morons, and I include every one of you reading this if you partook in this abuse, fail to realise is that we may have to rely on him at some stage in the near future, and destroying any self confidence or any desire he may have left to play for the club, is not going to be beneficial.

Lastly, he is human and he''s made a mistake like many of us have. It''s about bloody time we consigned this one to the history books and let the lad get on with his life.  He is one of ours and deserves to be treated as such.

End of rant.

[quote user="Scooby"]

I have to say that I was absolutely disgusted at the booing directed towards Theoklitis when his name was read out before kick off.  No matter what your thoughts are regarding his goalkeeping abilities, or lack of them, he is first and foremost a Norwich City player!!  What anyone thinks will be achieved by this pathetic display of extemely childish behaviour is beyond me.  What these morons, and I include every one of you reading this if you partook in this abuse, fail to realise is that we may have to rely on him at some stage in the near future, and destroying any self confidence or any desire he may have left to play for the club, is not going to be beneficial.

Lastly, he is human and he''s made a mistake like many of us have. It''s about bloody time we consigned this one to the history books and let the lad get on with his life.  He is one of ours and deserves to be treated as such.

End of rant.

[/quote] 

Spot on Scoobs. This is a nasty trend which is getting out of hand, having started with Curo earlier in the season. There are players whose names I dread hearing in the starting line up ( Curo and Semmy being the main examples) but I wouldn''t dream of booing someone in the yellow and green, and want to see them do well.

While Theo was shocking against Colchester and is clearly not rated by Lambert (if that''s not the case surely he would have figured in a peripheral game by now?) but this villification is totally disproportionate.

I think the booing stems mostly from his failure to show up for an away game rather than his numerous individual goalkeeping errors for the club. For what it''s worth I didn''t boo him, just had a little giggle at the comedy value of it.

[quote user="Scooby"]

End of rant.

[/quote]

Agreed Scoob! Although JTG has a point about failing to turn up for a game. There is no excuse for that and other clubs would have fined the player.

Hey Br-u, been looking more closely at your avatar and am distressed to realise i don''t know who the player is next to PL on the bottom row :(

Can you enlighten me?

[quote user="a1canary"]Hey Br-u, been looking more closely at your avatar and am distressed to realise i don''t know who the player is next to PL on the bottom row :( Can you enlighten me?[/quote]

That would be Mr Rhoys Wiggins... I dont think I have WLY in there actually, may have re-do it...

I Thought The Booing Was Disgusting. It Wasn''t Done At The Tranmere Game (Or At Least Half As Loud!), So Why Last Night?

And Then Holt When Going Off Received A Very Loud Standing Ovation. Which Was Well Deserved But What Does That Say About Our Fans? We Should Support ALL Of Our Players With The Same Attitude And Respect!

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]I didn''t hear any booing where we sit in the LB I have to admit.[/quote]

Oh dear WAY, have the grandkiddies been screaming so loud that they''ve damaged your hearing?  It seemed like about 25% of the Barclay were booing.

[quote user="Scooby"]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]I didn''t hear any booing where we sit in the LB I have to admit.[/quote]

Oh dear WAY, have the grandkiddies been screaming so loud that they''ve damaged your hearing?  It seemed like about 25% of the Barclay were booing.

[/quote]

Well I sit on the border of Blocks B & C of the Lower Barclay and I didn''t hear anything either......... was it something within Blocks D & E???

I also sit on the borders of Blocks B & C in the lower barclay, and i heard the booing clearly.I was actually given quite a dirty look from the bloke sitting on my right because i gave Theo a cheer.

I find it hard to believe that anybody could fail to hear it. It was the same at he Tranmere match.

Same here...I heard it but wished I hadn''t! Could never really understand booing our own players and would never participate myself. Regardless of personal views, surely this only serves to demotivate city players whilst helping the opposition....

There seemed to be a lot of booing when the guy was actually playing against Colchester especially at 5-0 down at half time. And those that remained until the final whistle seemed to have plenty to say too...

I think its really a message to the manager to get the goal keeping position sorted. We seem to have four goal keepers: one on loan, two too young and one not very good. Norwich have always been pretty strong between the sticks in the past and need to be again to get promotrion and beyond.

I didn''t boo but I certainly don''t have a problem with people who did. It''s a free country. He is awful and the fact he didn''t show when we are all paying his wages in some way is a joke. Hope he rots in the reserves. 1st signing in Jan will be a goalkeeper so we can get rid of that useless piece of crap. Get a grip people and stop crying. The only way he can put things right is if he gets a chance due to Forster getting injured and then plays a blinder and earns us some points.

[quote user="Scooby"]

End of rant.

[/quote]

I''ve disagreed with you a few times in the past but you are 100% spot on here.

[quote user="coops"]I didn''t boo but I certainly don''t have a problem with people who did. It''s a free country. He is awful and the fact he didn''t show when we are all paying his wages in some way is a joke. Hope he rots in the reserves. 1st signing in Jan will be a goalkeeper so we can get rid of that useless piece of crap. Get a grip people and stop crying. The only way he can put things right is if he gets a chance due to Forster getting injured and then plays a blinder and earns us some points.[/quote]

What a balanced view you give... the guys is human for god''s sake. I would love someone to root up all the dirt from your life so far and find that one big mistake you made. Then remind you of it, time and time again. Your holier than thou attitude is ridiculous.

"The only way he can put things right is if he gets a chance due to Forster getting injured and then plays a blinder and earns us some points."

And is booing him before he starts going to help him do that! I doubt it. If the boo boys had had their way, Doc would be gone by now and not put in the performances he has of late.

I sit in Block E and was not aware of the booing however i cannot see how you can really defend him. Failure to turn up for a game from someone who really should be trying to prove himself after the Colchester match. A professional footballer getting that much money? Putting a result for this club in doubt by not turning up for a game? if our no1 had got injured that night, we''d have been smashed. Go big or go home mate. Id prefer it if he went home. To be honest he might as well f*** off.

I totally disagree with booing with the exception of Fotheringham. The best I can do to exlain it is to say that it was his attitude combined with his performance that warranted it and he had plenty of opportunities to win the support of the fans. I heard the booing of Theo but thought it was quite quiet. I don''t think he deserves it and want all of our squad to feel wanted which benefits the player, the team, club and fans. Encouragement and confidence can have an amazing result. I believe that ability or performance is not grounds for booing, but effort and attitude is understandable reason. I don''t think we can judge Theo yet. Does anyone know why he failed to turn up?   

[quote user="coops"]I didn''t boo but I certainly don''t have a problem with people who did. It''s a free country. He is awful and the fact he didn''t show when we are all paying his wages in some way is a joke. Hope he rots in the reserves. 1st signing in Jan will be a goalkeeper so we can get rid of that useless piece of crap. Get a grip people and stop crying. The only way he can put things right is if he gets a chance due to Forster getting injured and then plays a blinder and earns us some points.[/quote]

Well done, you''ve put life into reality here coops. You hero!