Sign in to follow this  
hogesar

Could Norwich hold a charity match for Kings Lynn?

I mean come on, it''s sad to see £65,000 mean the end of a club, especially this day in age. Why can''t norwich field a fringe side at carrow road against Kings Lynn. I''m sure plenty in norfolk would turn up to save a local club.

I get the impression that unless the current directors left, there would be little point, as they would be back at square one within a year or two.

They should''ve thought of this months ago.  They could''ve done a bucket collection at Carrow Road but didn''t.  If I was a Lynn fan I''d crap in an Xmas card and send it to the directors.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]I get the impression that unless the current directors left, there would be little point, as they would be back at square one within a year or two.
[/quote]

You mean, Delia and Michael?

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[quote user="blahblahblah"]I get the impression that unless the current directors left, there would be little point, as they would be back at square one within a year or two.[/quote]

[/quote]Ba dum - tisssh.He''s here all week, try the veal...

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[quote user="blahblahblah"]I get the impression that unless the current directors left, there would be little point, as they would be back at square one within a year or two.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Ba dum - tisssh.

He''s here all week, try the veal...
[/quote]

...."You betcha!"   "I bought eight legs of venison for £80....do yer think that''s too dear? (two deer...geddit?)"....

[quote user="hogesar"]I mean come on, it''s sad to see £65,000 mean the end of a club[/quote]Not even that, they have paid 40,000 of it, so literally just another 25,000 to go. Quite a bit of money though I must say.

[quote user="B-Block Yella"]So that would of meant everyone at the Tranmere game giving just a pound to the cause to get the money needed. Was not out of reach if you ask me!![/quote]Exactly,  just proves you don''t need brains to be a director,  just 20 fags and a 70s haircut.

Sadly there''s more to it than a £65,000 tax bill...

King''s Lynn chairman Ken Bobbins insisted any effort to rescind the court''s verdict is pointless without a substantial cash injection to reduce more than £150,000 of debt.

If I''m correct in thinking that the council still own the walks, then there''s hope that if Lynn did cease to exist a new club could be reformed minus current directors and debt but at least with a home already in place. They would probably have to start a couple of divisions lower but at least with some hope for the future. Perhaps run by the supporters club.

What I found staggering on Tuesday was the fact they were playing a home game the same night as us, surely the model going forward should be to attract Norfolk based city fans in need of a bit of football, by not playing their home games at the same time as us.

How about NCFC versus a top Premiership team at Carrow Road, £15 a ticket and a 25,000 sell out. That comes to £375,000, less expenses - and there should still be over £300k to hand over to KL. Still, why not just let them fold - that would mean another 2 or 3 thousand to add to Norwich City''s fan base.