Lambert - but for Russell, City''s turnaround comes down to the Scot and

his coaching team.“I don''t want to sound like I''m licking up to

the manager, but to be honest with you we''re a completely different

team, there''s a different approach to how things are done and it''s 10

times more professional than I''ve ever known it,” said Russell.“Training

is different class, we''re training hard and we''re doing it right, and

perhaps those things weren''t right before. I think it''s showing in the

strength and the sharpness the boys have, and also the confidence that

we''re starting to breed. “We''re training as we''re going out and playing, and it''s all credit to the way they''ve come in and changed the regime.”---Funny, I could have sworn it was Russell who dragged Roger Munby into the dressing room after we''d beaten Barnsley (with Gunn in temporary charge) and virtually dragooned the board into appointing him full-time...

To be fair to him though you can only judge a situation as to what is in front of you and what is happening at the time.

I believe that there were a fair few people on this very message board that proclaimed Bryan Gunn the new messiah and now look back on that opinion and think they were perhaps hasty.

[quote user="morty"]To be fair to him though you can only judge a situation as to what is in front of you and what is happening at the time.

I believe that there were a fair few people on this very message board that proclaimed Bryan Gunn the new messiah and now look back on that opinion and think they were perhaps hasty.[/quote]Morty, it certainly is true that some posters welcomed Gunn''s appointment. What particularly amused me about that article, though, was that Russell and the journalist were having convenient amnesia about the part Russell played in getting Gunn the gig in the first place. Hence the "Oh the irony!" title.

I seem to remember the majority on this messageboard did not see Gunn as the messiah and I, in particular were most annoyed when he was appointed after a lucky 4-0 win against Barnsley. I didn''t buy it at all.

As a player Gunn will always be a legend at City that doesn''t change in my opinion.

But, I''m sure it won''t take long for the Gunn Managerial Talent Appreciationn Society to submerge this thread with their views.

Just the same as you are touting your "I told you he was the wrong man for the job" views?

Lol.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="morty"]To be fair to him though you can only judge a situation as to what is in front of you and what is happening at the time.

I believe that there were a fair few people on this very message board that proclaimed Bryan Gunn the new messiah and now look back on that opinion and think they were perhaps hasty.[/quote]Morty, it certainly is true that some posters welcomed Gunn''s appointment. What particularly amused me about that article, though, was that Russell and the journalist were having convenient amnesia about the part Russell played in getting Gunn the gig in the first place. Hence the "Oh the irony!" title.[/quote]

I think that we also have to remember that footballers are not usually the sharpest tools in the toolbox.

And they have terrible memories, kissing their badge one week and tehn jumping ship for a bigger paypacket the next!