Sign in to follow this  
dazza

number 6

who was brightons number 6 last nite ? he was shocking and realllllllllllllly dirty !

late on tackles and lots more and the ref (not surprisingly after being so crap lastnight) let him get away with ALL of it until right near the end when he FINALLY booked him and even tho he pleaded his innocence ! ****

[quote user="dazza"]

who was brightons number 6 last nite ? he was shocking and realllllllllllllly dirty !

late on tackles and lots more and the ref (not surprisingly after being so crap lastnight) let him get away with ALL of it until right near the end when he FINALLY booked him and even tho he pleaded his innocence ! ****

[/quote]He wasn''t that bad at all, Holt made a meal of it because they were winding him up.  El-Abd did pretty much nothing wrong, and just became a bit of a pantomime villain for some reason.

Their No.6 was a really nasty piece of work. I watched the Southampton vs Brighton game which was on Sky the previous Sunday and he played in exactly the same way.

[quote user="NCFC"]It was Adam El-Abd[/quote]I always used to buy him on Football manager. He was ace in League 2 and bellow, not very good higher up though !

I was wondering whether this was going to be a thread where someone discusses retiring Huckerby''s number 6 shirt in the same way that Argentina did with Maradona''s number 10.

"I was wondering whether this was going to be a thread where someone discusses retiring Huckerby''s number 6 shirt in the same way that Argentina did with Maradona''s number 10."

Strange since Messi plays in that shirt now...

[quote user="First Jedi"]"I was wondering whether this was going to be a thread where someone discusses retiring Huckerby''s number 6 shirt in the same way that Argentina did with Maradona''s number 10." Strange since Messi plays in that shirt now...[/quote]

yeah i think they have to have squad numbers from 1-whatever it goes up too..... so if they had no Number 10, then they would have 1 less player......

Maldini had his shirt retired, unless his son/s play for Milan....

Anyway there number 6 was only doing what all players do.....Holt quite often gets caught for it.....

[quote user="The Butler"]He was not a number he was a free man![/quote]In the case of No. 6 Huckerby it was more a question of "I am not a number, I am a free agent."

I''m sure Argentina did it for a while until FIFA made all the squads at one of the world cups go from numbers 1-23. And Said they needed a number 10. I think Riquelme had it for a while.

Talks about it on here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Retired_numbers_in_association_football

I have to say from where I was sitting ( in the jarrold stand) I saw him carry out a number of niggly fouls with frequent use of flayling arms and elbows, all be it at chest level, on Holt. Also as soon as Cody came on he was straight into trying to wind him up by running about 10 yards, on two occasions, to shov him while the ball was at the other end of the pitch. I suppose his aim is to prompt a reaction and probably led to Holt being substituted, of course by then it was game over so he in that respect he failed on this occasion. Had he been playing at Brighton he might have been more likely to have got awat with it so something to watch out for in the return fixture.