Sign in to follow this  
I am a Banana

Good Luck To Kings Lynn

thy owe Mr Taxman £ 65,000 and they have deferred payment twice with the final pay up or else hearing today . I cannot understand how they got like that , and why they did not do what Accrington did and arrange fund raising friendlies - in Lynns case a game against NCFC is guaranteed a decent crowd and therefore good revenue . As Norfolk''s second club , I would love to see Lynn survive and prosper , they are a far bigger club than Lowestoft will ever be and Norfolk has room for a second league club

Surely NCFC can assist them in some way , after all the Lynn debt is not even 10% of the Norwich one

A total lack of communication between the board and the supporters is the problem. The directors have kept the fans in the dark and fobbed them off with pure BS for ages now, glossing over the serious cracks within the whole clubs organisation.

If Lynn do go under hopefully they will rise from the flames in an AFC Wimbledon fashion, where supporters have a major say in the running of the club.

It''s sad that one of the regions oldest clubs has to go out like this...

There is a lot more debt than the Revenue bill. The club has been living beyond its means for way too long and the directors appear to have buried their heads in the sand as the bills piled up.They haven''t even been paying the rent on the council pitches where the A team play.Too many people have used the club for their own ego trips and then walked away, and I don''t see any way out now.

As a former player I am absolutely gutted by what I see as gross mismanagement over a number of years. This is a  very sad day.[:''(][8o|]

not sure why the directors felt that the problems were not to be shared with the fans - something would no doubt have been sorted - they have a decent ground , manager , team and fanbase - the fans on their board are already talking about the AFC Kings Lynn that will start in the Ridgeons League next season - terrible really

The fans have been conned completely. A new Finance Director came in 6 weeks ago, saying he was going to sort things out, but has now flounced off leaving everyone in the lurch. A new Supporters Trust was formed a fortnight ago and has already achieved more than the board has in the last 6 months. Had this been done earlier the result could have been different, but the supporters have been kept in the dark.

Quick, before the self-appointed forum Police jump in.

I am surprised at how little there is about this story in the Kings Lynn section of this site. It seems to me that as a club, Kings Lynn always seems to press the self - destruct button when on the edge of success. Although I can''t name specific instances, they seem to alienate succesful managers and lose them, Peter Morris ? for one. This season when you are scoring goals by the hatfull, it looks like the end could be in sight.  I really hope that you survive this current scare and manage to hold on for a more succesful future, one where you don''t blow up at the finishing line.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Sad news if the club is going to fold, let''s hope a miracle happens!!!  Good luck KL[/quote]

Lets face it, the tax man won''t give a stuff, As the beatles said Its 19 for me and 1 for you   

[quote user="gary "]thy owe Mr Taxman £ 65,000 and they have deferred payment twice with the final pay up or else hearing today . I cannot understand how they got like that , and why they did not do what Accrington did and arrange fund raising friendlies - in Lynns case a game against NCFC is guaranteed a decent crowd and therefore good revenue . As Norfolk''s second club , I would love to see Lynn survive and prosper , they are a far bigger club than Lowestoft will ever be and Norfolk has room for a second league club Surely NCFC can assist them in some way , after all the Lynn debt is not even 10% of the Norwich one[/quote]

If things go badly today, that might about to change!

Buckets to carrow road for help, like acc stanley did around their nearest clubs! ...I wouldve put in a tenner....Its a shame a norfolk club who has climbed so high and was near to promotion again this year taking them to the door of the football league, has now gone! and even if they reform,it will be at least 2 seasons before this can happen,and probably will have to start lower! ....Heres to the lynnets whose fans supported us in big matches in the past,including taken a few coaches to wembley in 85 ...Real shame and good luck in the future

[quote user="Beauseant"]I am absolutely gutted. The directors should be strung up in the Tuesday Market Place.[/quote]

I bet you are, I am too but not for the same reasons you have mate

That should have been done months and months ago, but not everyone has an affiliation to KLFC sadly, and a few probably couldn''t have cared less.  I would have donated too, but I don''t know if everyone would have.

I think the fact that they are a local club, needing help who we do have a good relationship with would have been enough for most to donate. I would have!

As an occasional visitor to the Walks I feel really sorry for the fans who have been kept completely in the dark.  It makes you wonder how they could get into such a mess with average gates two or three times higher than the rest of the division.  Gross mismanagement of a well supported club.

Some take the view that things had got so bad it''s better to fold completely and start again instead of struggle on under a mountain of debt.  They''ve been into admin and/or wound up twice before, according to Radio Norfolk.  I expect the phoenix to rise from the ashes next season under new management, but they''ll have to drop down a league or two.

Hmmmm but it''s not those we feel sorry for, it''s the fans, the players, the employees etc, and those whose businesses in the area who will also be hit by this.

Bro has a book,official, covering 2 seasons around 1984/1986 which is made from newspapers cuttings from pink un and edp, and there is a photo of a coach of lynn boys outside wembley with a union jack with both NCFC and lynn on it...When i went to munich in 93,i met a party from lynn...And told me of a pub outside lynn called the canary n lynnet...Im sure they wouldve been suprised by the support they wouldve got if they had brought buckets to carrow road....